No announcement yet.

World Snooker Championships Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawkins is a class guy and he played hard and did well.

O'Sullivan played better and deserved the win.

I would like to see the rules changed tho so that O'Sullivan or
    any other player cant simply return for one tournament only.
    Either return and play or retire.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
      It was certainly a better final than I expected. Hawkins managed to reproduce his form from Australia at the start of the season, making a number of classy breaks, but O'Sullivan was not quite within his reach. He did push him to play his best though, as opposed to the 2008 and 2012 World finals, where both players just went through the motions.

I guess it's fair to say this wasn't really a classic tournament. Most of the big contenders out early, fairly mediocre standard of play and almost no close matches, but it still had its moments. :wink:
      I guess if Ronnie had his way he would of liked a top 3 player in the final to really put the icing on the cake even though Barry proved a lot of people wrong. It's just that Barry still threw away a few frames at key moments and the likes of Selby , Robinson and others would not have. Still, Ronnie was awesome just that no player put him under pressure looking back.
      JP Majestic
      3/4
      57"
      17oz
      9.5mm Elk

Comment

• How would you guys rank each of Ronnie's matches the last 2 years? For me:

1. vs Robertson
        2. vs Williams
        3. vs Hawkins
        4. vs Bingham
        5. vs Carter (2012)
        6. vs Stevens
        7. vs Trump
        8. vs Ebdon
        9. vs McManus
        10. vs Carter (2013)

Comment

• Will there be a snooker extra tonight?

Originally Posted by Holden Chinaski View Post
          Neil Robertson on twitter:

"Awesome stuff by Ronnie! Responded to everything Barry threw at him, what a great final! Ronnie by far the best player in the world"

Ali Carter on Twitter:

"Got to hand it to the best player of all time in my view! Ronnie O'sullivan."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13783[/ATTACH]
          Seems like Mark King isn't a fan of ROS personally. Said something like "A much as it pains me to say, ROS is a genius".

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
            How would you guys rank each of Ronnie's matches the last 2 years? For me:

1. vs Robertson
            2. vs Williams
            3. vs Hawkins
            4. vs Bingham
            5. vs Carter (2012)
            6. vs Stevens
            7. vs Trump
            8. vs Ebdon
            9. vs McManus
            10. vs Carter (2013)
            Trump game definitely lower than that. He only won because Trump struggled more than he did.
            Not saying he wouldn't be able to match Trump's A game, but we just didn't get to see much of a quality snooker in that clash.
            All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

Will there be a snooker extra tonight?

Seems like Mark King isn't a fan of ROS personally. Said something like "A much as it pains me to say, ROS is a genius".

Still got the hump about when Ron asked what a maxi pays after potting just one red lol.
              After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                Pff...he has worn the same shirt just about each day this year!

And indeed...we've had this exact same discussion last year as well (casual or formal wear)
                He wears a different variation on the Coventry strip more or less all the time, I believe. And given he's at every match of the Masters and the Worlds every year and has been for about 2 decades, I think he's entitled to wear what the hell he likes. I've never worn a suit in my life and I'm damned if I'd start for the sake of the bloody snooker.

Comment

• so ronnie spoke of not coming back next yr a few days ago, 24 hours later retracted that comment and said he would, now another 48 hours later is still sticking to the not coming back part................hmm

Comment

• Congrats to Ronnie on a deserved win and Barry on reaching a World final - £125,000 and the many ranking points to go with it

Hopefully Barry Hawkin's confidence and self-belief will be sky-high going into next season and we'll see him in a few more major ranking finals!

I'm not going to take notice of Ronnie's comments until Feb 2014 would be nice to see him enter a couple of PTCs and the UK, Masters and World Championship - that's got to be a nice little schedule to keep him busy surely
                    Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

• Does anyone know where we can hear/see the press conferences?

Comment

• Originally Posted by stephenm2682 View Post
                        so ronnie spoke of not coming back next yr a few days ago, 24 hours later retracted that comment and said he would, now another 48 hours later is still sticking to the not coming back part................hmm
                        It's almost like he talks bollocks 90% of the time isn't it?

Comment

Does anyone know where we can hear/see the press conferences?
                          I'd like to know as well.

Comment

• Well done to Ronnie. Feel sorry for Hawkins he did his best but Ronnie just kept going up a level when he needed to. In regards to his quitting comments I felt that may have been mind games?

Comment

• Originally Posted by s.h442 View Post
                              Well done to Ronnie. Feel sorry for Hawkins he did his best but Ronnie just kept going up a level when he needed to. In regards to his quitting comments I felt that may have been mind games?
                              Possibly. Or he could be a joker like Mark Williams.

Congratulations to Ronnie's 5th.

Comment

• watching Ronnie play

Originally Posted by nigelslater View Post
                                Hi everyone, hope you're well.

Well what a World Championship we've seen! There's been shocks, surprises, moments of brilliance and Dechawat Poomjaeng!

Below is the report I've done on O'Sullivan becoming a five-times world champion. Please feel free to take a look.

http://theoldgreenbaize.com/2013/05/06/ ... the-world/

Many thanks for all your support this season and allowing me put links on here. I'm going to be working hard behind the scenes over the season break to make sure The Old Green Baize is bigger and better next season - its great being part of the snooker community.

See you next season and thanks again!

Nigel.
                                Hi - new to the forum and my very first post. Listening to Ronnie current threat of retirement (again) and having watched him on the tv, makes me think that i really must go and see him live, before he disappears forever. He has referred several times to ten contractual appearances that he will make along with some other smaller events. How can I find out where and when he is playing?

Comment

Working...
                                X