World Snooker Championships Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by cebs View Post
    Well played Ronnie, again he turned it on it at least one session in every match. Almost made it through out the tournament without behind till 2-3 in this match and then almost won every opening frame in every session bar the last 2 i think.

I didn't think he would manage it this year , you could say he had it quite easy once all the top 8 were out but you can only play whoever is at the table I guess and he did that.

Lets hope he comes back next year.
    How can you say it was easy? He beat 2 top 8 opponents (Trump, Bingham), two more top 16 (Carter, Hawkins), and his opening round opponent, Campbell, is on pushover. That was not an easy run to the trophy at all.

Comment

• He'll be back..

Comment

• Originally Posted by usasnooker View Post
        his opening round opponent, Campbell, is on pushover.
        Well Marcus is a big lad, I reckon he'd take some pushing

I think if nothing else, this tournament has been great for showcasing some of the lesser lights of the game - Campbell, Hawkins, Poomaeng, White, Lisowski... I've hardly ever seen Marcus Campbell but he's a cracking player and I hope he gets to the business end of more tournaments, and the same is true of everyone on that list - who knew Hawkins could play like that??

Comment

• Originally Posted by Masterdoctorgenius View Post
          where is the best shot of championship compilation

i miss it
          Watch frame 20 of the final. Unreal clearance to win by 1. There were no fewer than 4 amazing positional shots by ROS.

Comment

• Neil Roberston will be happy. Goes out in the first round and gets the money for the highest break and that golden cue.

Comment

• well done ronnie!!

Comment

• Joe Davis retires from snooker in 1946 and his brother Fred loses in the 1947 final to Walter Donaldson. Joe is so incensed by that result he comes out of retirement and gives Donaldson a good thrashing. The world championship is now devalued as the best player in the world is obviously no longer in it or the holder of the title.
                At least Ronnie spared us that this year by coming back and actually playing in it and winning it.
                All the hype surrounding Selby and Trump as to who's the best and deserves to be #1 has now been put to bed. Ronnie has gotten his emotions under wraps when he plays thanks to Dr. Peters and his snooker talent can flourish.

That interview with Steve Davis gave us an insight into his mind regarding snooker tournaments and the hype that surrounds him when he's playing in them. He likes the smaller PTC events, "proper snooker" he said, "turn up on the day and play three or four matches is how it should be."
                I think he respects Steve enough not to give him the bullsh*t he gives to the press everytime a microphone is shoved in his face looking for a "misquote" that will be printed out of context to sway the gullible in order to sell copy.
                Interesting that he likes the PTC's yet didn't bother in the only one he played in this season. Has he had more than "box the chimp" sessions with Dr. Peters over the last twelve months ?
                Has Dr. Peters gotten into his psyche and discovered the root of this angst ?
                Treasured memories of travelling around the country with his dad in his youth playing pro am's, serving his snooker apprenticeship coming back to him and seeking that again now that his dad is back ?
                Bollocks to the bigger events when he has to sell his soul to the corporations and talk to the media no matter which way he turns ?

Maybe if the press left him alone he would be play more often and for longer.

A book out in october he said so we shall see.
                Last edited by vmax4steve; 7 May 2013, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                  A book out in october he said so we shall see.
                  Another money making tool. All these public eye figures bring these out when they are possibly coming to the end of there careers. I have never purchased one of these books in my life. They are for people who like to gossip, air and listen to peoples dirty laundry and unfortunately they are the majority, strange but true.
                  JP Majestic
                  3/4
                  57"
                  17oz
                  9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                    Joe Davis retires from snooker in 1946 and his brother Fred loses in the 1947 final to Walter Donaldson. Joe is so incensed by that result he comes out of retirement and gives Donaldson a good thrashing. The world championship is now devalued as the best player in the world is obviously no longer in it or the holder of the title.
                    At least Ronnie spared us that this year by coming back and actually playing in it and winning it.
                    That is true really, except Joe never said he was retiring from snooker, only from the World Championship. In fact for some years after, by virtue of winning the World Championship you earned the right to play Joe off level in a weeks match. Fred Davis did beat Joe in a weeks match 2 or 3 times off level but nobody else ever did. All the other tournaments were handicapped whereby Joe would concede anything from 7 to 28 points per frame to his opponent.

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                      Another money making tool. All these public eye figures bring these out when they are possibly coming to the end of there careers. I have never purchased one of these books in my life. They are for people who like to gossip, air and listen to peoples dirty laundry and unfortunately they are the majority, strange but true.
                      Yeah throtts, but when that book is discussed on this forum you'll be chipping in with your twopenneth worth.

Comment

• Originally Posted by stephenm2682 View Post
                        so ronnie spoke of not coming back next yr a few days ago, 24 hours later retracted that comment and said he would, now another 48 hours later is still sticking to the not coming back part................hmm
                        Yep, '...everyone knows with me I'm up and down like a whores draws'

Comment

• Box the chimp.

Comment

• and I guess this is how you wpould go about boxing the aformenetioned chimp .......

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Chimp-Pa...=box+the+chimp

Sorry I hope that is clickable???
                            Smee

Comment

• Visiting the Crucible

My visit to Crucible with pics.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Sam1036 View Post
                                Visiting the Crucible

My visit to Crucible with pics.
                                Very cool, thanks for sharing. Shows it from a very different perspecive than we're used to seeing on the tele
                                Last edited by daffie; 14 May 2013, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X