BBC Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by iNko View Post
    As I said in a previous post I pay for a UK TV license.

I can understand you guys being annoyed by the lack of BBC2 coverage. My point is that they have full coverage on there website which is very watchable. It's better than them having absolutely no snooker coverage at all.
    You're right, the online coverage is very good. But my main point is that there are a lot of people who pay for a BBC license but have no access to the internet, they also deserve a decent service for their money and should not be dismissed by the BBC.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

So how do I get on the BBC red button tonight, I can't find it?

Comment

Originally Posted by Sam1036 View Post
        So how do I get on the BBC red button tonight, I can't find it?
        Lol push the red button !!
        If you are on freeview it's channel 301

Comment

The red button only appears on BBC One Scotland HD and there's no snooker option. I've reset the box.

EDIT

It appears on BBC three only, weird.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sam1036 View Post
            The red button only appears on BBC One Scotland HD and there's no snooker option. I've reset the box.

EDIT

It appears on BBC three only, weird.
            Yes I've noticed before that the red-button option isn't available all the time on the main BBC channels. You sometimes have to wait for a programme which has some associated red-button content available (such as the news) and then all the options will be there and you have to remember not to switch channels again in case it disappears again.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              fantastic, technical details, thanks
              Well I did ask

Thanks, Zoe, and sorry for not noticing you'd already answered, Dean.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                Well I did ask

Thanks, Zoe, and sorry for not noticing you'd already answered, Dean.
                no worries
                I remember when I heard that the Red Button services were to be reduced, I immediately thought "oh crap there goes the multi-table option"
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

This really needs sorting out now, yes, its on the Red button which is a rarity, but i wanna watch Ding, fair enough, i'll watch it online, no problem getting the Ding match on but its got the Stevens v Fu commentary?????

It keeps freezing, it cuts out randomly and it keeps going blurred all in an area with brilliant signal i might add, much more of this and i'm gonna just watch the lot on Eurosport, i would be long gone by now if their commentators and adverts did'nt get on my nerves, the BBC are a bunch of amateurs!!
                  After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

hi scottley. not sure what you are seeing, I see the following and the commentary seems to be aligned correctly
                    BBC 2 - Ding/McManus
                    Red Button - Stevens/Fu
                    Online - both

Also what gets me on the Red Button it has the tag "Choose Table" like the old days
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Ah, i did'nt know it was on BBC2, i'm watching the Ding match online but for some reason it had the Fu commentary, all sorted now though, thanks!
                      After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

The Hoover is off and running!!

Ding must have his best chance yet this year of winning the WC if he can sustain that level for the whole tournament.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
                          I thought Selby is scheduled to play later on
                          Last edited by daffie; 23 April 2013, 11:41 AM.

Comment

If you've got the BBC App on your TV, then you can choose tables etc. Quite useful.
                            Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Ding is sure making this game look so easy . 3 frames in a very short period of time there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post

Ding must have his best chance yet this year of winning the WC if he can sustain that level for the whole tournament.

Difficult to do. Over 17 days, most people have at least one bad session. A lot of time's it's not the person who plays well in their first match who wins the whole tournament, as they sort of wear themselves out. The champion steadily improves over the whole tournament.

I know there have been exceptions. Like Ronnie when he gets going. But it's a hard thing to do. Sustain top-notch form for 17 days.

Comment

Working...
                                X