Mark Allen is at it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
    What a load of bull, the media has made this into Mark vs the Asian world, as far as Fu and Allen were concerned there was no issues with each other, Allen has an opinion that Chinese players don't own up to fouls, he could be right, he could be wrong but the whole things getting blown out of proportion...

On another note i'd say ratings are not going to be as high now in the UK that Trump and Allen are out!
    Pfft...who cares about freakin' ratings I will enjoy my snooker more now those two clowns are out.

And on the subject of clown nr 1 Mark Allen...he's entitled to his opinions, but should make damn sure his allegations can be backed up by facts, or otherwise keep his trap shut about it during press interviews. Furthermore he keeps opening his disrespectful trap again and again...he just won't learn. And this afternoon he said to the bbc that his words are getting twisted around...yeah right! He really is in his own little world and needs to grow up fast.
    Last edited by daffie; 3 December 2012, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
      Pfft...who cares about freakin' ratings I will enjoy my snooker more now those two clowns are out.

And on the subject of clown nr 1 Mark Allen...he's entitled to his opinions, but should make damn sure his allegations can be backed up by facts, or otherwise keep his trap shut about it during press interviews. Furthermore he keeps opening his disrespectful trap again and again...he just won't learn. And this afternoon he said to the bbc that his words are getting twisted around...yeah right! He really is in his own little world and needs to grow up fast.

Well firstly daffle i think we all should be concerned about the snooker ratings, we want snooker to be popular, right? There's always the chance the bbc ditch snooker like they have with other sports in decline...

Regarding his allegations he talks about what happened to him and what he watched happen to others, so you could say in theory he has some factual arguments, but i can tell by your attitude that your narrow minded!
      Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Well firstly daffle i think we all should be concerned about the snooker ratings, we want snooker to be popular, right? There's always the chance the bbc ditch snooker like they have with other sports in decline...

Regarding his allegations he talks about what happened to him and what he watched happen to others, so you could say in theory he has some factual arguments, but i can tell by your attitude that your narrow minded!
        No, not at all...just fair minded. Never make unfounded accusations...it's very disrespectful. It also makes one seem very stupid, which is the case with Mr Allen. Engage brain before engaging mouth, that's all there's to it really. I'm hoping Allen gets his 3 month ban...he will learn very quickly after that I'm fairly sure

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
          No, not at all...just fair minded. Never make unfounded accusations...it's very disrespectful. It also makes one seem very stupid, which is the case with Mr Allen. Engage brain before engaging mouth, that's all there's to it really. I'm hoping Allen gets his 3 month ban...he will learn very quickly after that I'm fairly sure
          Yes i agree he does say things he should keep to himself at times but you get people like that in any sport(and life in general), and in this case he hasn't actually done or said anything that warrants punishment ime...yet

Comment

Yes i agree he does say things he should keep to himself at times but you get people like that in any sport(and life in general), and in this case he hasn't actually done or said anything that warrants punishment ime...yet
            Maybe you're right. I do think however that Allen won't stop his unfortunate remarks unless he is forced to stop. He is after all he self-proclaimed 'spokesperson for all snooker players'. Oh man that gets me very time...where does he get the cojones big enough, incredible

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
              They wouldn't love me for very long because I don't buy newspapers or pay to read any gossip. I'm talking from a general standpoint. It's the same with every sport. Boxing, tennis, football....rivalries create interest.

Personally I con't care for the "Asian cheats" thing, but it's far better than nothing.

You say "Most will be pleased" that it was on the table, but that's because the only people that are into snooker these days are the traditionalists, or 99% of them are. It's that attitude that has played a role in snooker's decline (amongst many others).

You want players to show emotion. It seems like you actually wanted Fu to beat Allen today, so let me ask you - if Allen hadn't said all that stuff about Chinese players, would you have cared as much? I doubt it. Allen splits opinion - some people want him to win, some want him to lose. Either way, he's created an interest. He's far better (or rather more important) to the game than some dull, robotic player who shows no emotion and has the personality of a brick when in front of the cameras.

For the record I don't even agree with what Allen said, and actually happen to Like Fu. He's a classy guy. I did want Allen to win though, only because I think the tournament is more interesting with him in it than Fu, both on and off the table.

If Allen or anyone else has an opinion, I want them to say it. Unfortunately it seems like aside from Allen, Trump, O'Sullivan, Carter and 1 or 2 others, no one wants to express themselves. It says a lot when the apparent "jester" on tour is the most boring player I've ever seen, both on the table and in interviews. Kind of gone off track here, but ah well...
              +1.

Post of the year.

Comment

I wanted Fu to win because I like his style . . . nothing to do with Allen at all.

: )
                My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Allen is a rude idiotic racist... I hope he does something really stupid and gets banned for life!

As it stands he gets far too much respect from commentators and crowds.

Comment

Allen is a rude idiotic racist...
                    That my friend is called leaning out of the window, for you to say that you must know him personally. I think he may of said one or two things that he may have not thought through, but calling him a racist is taking things a little far. I know a proffesional player personally and at the time Allen was playing his qualifacation matches (A couple of years ago now) he told me exactly the same thing. The new up and coming chinese players (Wenbo was personally named), their was a lot of cheating going on. Things that were missed by the ref were for example push shots, touching balls while bridging over and maybe other things I can not recall. I have never played at such a level and never will, but if I think I have maybe made a foul then I say so. I was brought up in snooker as that being the right thing to do. Maybe otherswere brought up that if the ref didn't see it it's OK, like in football for example.

This opinion doesn't make me or him for that matter a racist!

Brian.
                    Last edited by Strickimicki; 4 December 2012, 01:20 PM.
                    Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

Originally Posted by Strickimicki View Post
                      That my friend is called leaning out of the window, for you to say that you must know him personally. I think he may of said one or two things that he may have not thought through, but calling him a racist is taking things a little far. I know a proffesional player personally and at the time Allen was playing his qualifacation matches (A couple of years ago now) he told me exactly the same thing. The new up and coming chinese players (Wenbo was personaly named), their was a lot of cheating going on. Things that were missed by the ref were for example push shots, touching balls while bridging over and maybe other things I can not recall. I have never played at such a level and never will, but if I think I have maybe made a foul then I say so. I was brought up in snooker as that being the right thing to do. Maybe otherswere brought up that if the ref didn't see it it's OK, like in football for example.

Brian.
                      +1,

Racism does not come in to it. He basically just speaks his mind. Shame people did not do that years ago here in the UK..
                      JP Majestic
                      3/4
                      57"
                      17oz
                      9.5mm Elk

Comment

That my friend is called leaning out of the window, for you to say that you must know him personally. I think he may of said one or two things that he may have not thought through, but calling him a racist is taking things a little far. I know a proffesional player personally and at the time Allen was playing his qualifacation matches (A couple of years ago now) he told me exactly the same thing. The new up and coming chinese players (Wenbo was personally named), their was a lot of cheating going on. Things that were missed by the ref were for example push shots, touching balls while bridging over and maybe other things I can not recall. I have never played at such a level and never will, but if I think I have maybe made a foul then I say so. I was brought up in snooker as that being the right thing to do. Maybe otherswere brought up that if the ref didn't see it it's OK, like in football for example.

Brian.
                        Couldn't agree more and exactly how i perceive Asian players from watching them, not having a dig but i feel Chinese and other far east countries are brought up with a win at all cost mentality, probably just natural to them not to admit any wrong doing, and before anyone calls me a racist, i have a Chinese friend who agrees whole heartily. Take the incident which Luca Brecel declared a foul on himself last night which no one noticed, would that happen with for talks sake Cao Yupeng owning up, i think not...

Comment

True, however.. and I can't recall Mark's exact words here but the key question which determines whether he can be branded "racist" for uttering them is: Did he say all Chinese were cheats? Or, did he say a specific group of players, who happened to be Chinese, were cheats. Essentially, was the fact that they were Chinese incidental, or was he implying that this was the reason they were cheats? If the former, ok, not a racist statement. If the latter then it is by definition, racism.
                          "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                          - Linus Pauling

Comment

Brian.
                            so basically you are basing your opinion on hearsay with 0 supporting facts & no first person encounters of your own relevant to the subject even - great logic - so if i hear a sex offender remark that all germans are promiscuous and run around naked at night on the street, this must hold a lot of weight.

mark allen is a racist - not only did he say that all the chinese players cheat, he made insulting comments about china, chinese people and chinese culture at last year's world open.

...and if you support such comments, yes, you are a racist too.

Comment

I agree that having more colourful characters on tour is better for the game but I disagree with allowing them to say whatever they want. There are plenty of ways to show your personality without whining and complaining all the time. People like players with flair and a sense of humour around the table.

Having charisma is not the same thing as having a big mouth.

Comment

Couldn't agree more and exactly how i perceive Asian players from watching them, not having a dig but i feel Chinese and other far east countries are brought up with a win at all cost mentality, probably just natural to them not to admit any wrong doing, and before anyone calls me a racist, i have a Chinese friend who agrees whole heartily. Take the incident which Luca Brecel declared a foul on himself last night which no one noticed, would that happen with for talks sake Cao Yupeng owning up, i think not...
                                of course this is totally biased (and most likely racist) nonsense. wanting to win or being competitive does not necessarily equate to cheating or needing to cheat. liang wenbo has called fouls on himself numerous times - 3x during his 2008 WSC match vs. joe swail, last year's welsh open match vs john higgins etc etc.

cao yupeng's shot was deemed fair and square by referee paul collier who was right behind him when he took the shot. therefore officially it was a fair shot and there was nothing to own up to at all ok.

p.s. ....and who is the most notable cheat in sport this year - seems to be a white bloke called lance armstrong who ran a professional outfit of cheats for a decade running and scammed home the TDF bacon for 7 years. now all i have to do is find a white guy who doesn't like drug cheats, ask him to agree whole heartily with the concept that white guys are very likely to cheat with drugs and voila, there's the 1st leg of my bulletproof argument

p.p.s.... for the past few years in snooker, who has been involved in major cheating scandals...? ummm, wouldn't that be a white bloke by the name of john higgins?.... and a white bloke called stephen lee being currently investigated.... and a british born indian bloke by the name of joe jogia suspended for 2 years - well well, all from the british isle i see - now all i have to do is find a brit who doesn't like snooker cheats, ask him to agree whole heartily with the concept that all UK players throw games and voila, there's the 2nd leg of my bulletproof argument
                                Last edited by arbitrage; 4 December 2012, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X