UK Championship 2012 - 1st round discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
    2-2 Pat game on! That was a steal that last frame. Luca seems settled now after that dodgy start...
    Sounds like great timing for Eurosport2 to kick in around 10 minutes time so I can enjoy the remainder of this match...awesome prospect!

Comment

• the tables really look lightening fast - after a few shots the red balls are scattered in the open. maybe its just me but seems to be less need for power shots from blue or black into the pack with the tables this fast?
      Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• I've just realized, the BBC production team seem to have cured themselves of their addiction to replays, I don't think there was a single one in that last frame, halleluiah! They probably just sold the necessary kit to save a few quid. Meanwhile, Ricky takes the lead, ay southpaw.

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Am I the only one watching MJW-King match?

MJW was subpar through the first four frames, but I missed the first two post-interval frames.
          Things looking bad.
          All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
            I've just realized, the BBC production team seem to have cured themselves of their addiction to replays, I don't think there was a single one in that last frame, halleluiah! They probably just sold the necessary kit to save a few quid. Meanwhile, Ricky takes the lead, ay southpaw.

-
            Haha i think Luca will be on his way home soon, his long pot success is like mine , think the occasions got to him...
            Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
              Haha i think Luca will be on his way home soon, his long pot success is like mine , think the occasions got to him...
              Yes looks like it. I feel he is a bit rough around the edges still. Too quick on his shots, taking liberties at times. Bit like a certain Mr Trump ( sjeez I sound like Hazel ). They're still so young though, will take a bit of time to get better all-round. If this still applies to the younger generation...I don't know. Hope it does.

Edit : still pulled one back though to 3-4
              Last edited by daffie; 3 December 2012, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                Yes looks like it. I feel he is a bit rough around the edges still. Too quick on his shots, taking liberties at times. Bit like a certain Mr Trump...they're still so young though, will take a bit of time to get better all-round. If this still applies to the younger generation...I don't know. Hope it does.

Edit : still pulled one back though to 3-4
                He's only getting in when Ricky leaves him in the balls, i seen him a couple of times this year and his long potting was faultless, i'm enjoying it anyway whether or not my sweep pick get's sent home! Here's hoping for a final frame...
                Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• Right! 4 each...anybody's game now.

Comment

• C'mon Luca ! Good fightback . . .
                    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Great sportsmanship from Brecel to call that fault nobody saw. And that in a very crucial situation.
                      ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                      "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• "to call that fault nobody saw" . . . what happened? I am only watching the scores update on World Snooker.
                        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Rather low quality match, very lackluster and without any real tension to enjoy. Hoping for a better day tomorrow...
                          Last edited by daffie; 3 December 2012, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                            "to call that fault nobody saw" . . . what happened? I am only watching the scores update on World Snooker.
                            Feathered the white.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                              Rather low quality match, very lackluster and without any real tension to enjoy. Hoping for a better day tomorrow...
                              I don't know.. I kinda like it this way I find it boring at times seeing them pros finishing frames in one visit

Comment

• Originally Posted by Guy3103 View Post
                                I don't know.. I kinda like it this way I find it boring at times seeing them pros finishing frames in one visit
                                Oh don't get me wrong...I'm the first person you'll find preferring the slower more tactical matches over quick-fire big break ones. But this match lacks something to me. However it has started to get more enjoyable the last 10 minutes or so. Hopefully we'll get a final frame decider...that could get exciting.

Comment

Working...
                                X