Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Championship - 2nd Roud Discussion

Still not opened, eh?

We have Stevens vs Fu and Joyce vs Carter underway.

Discuss..
    All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Stevens and Fu shared a funny moment there.

With five reds on, Stevens tried a hit and hope snooker escape and hit six cushions and zero balls on the process.
    All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

Watching Fu v Stevens ATM, looking like a good match so far, feels like a bit of a blast from the past.

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

How could the fitters have missed that mark when setting up?

-
        The slow and labourious,

Comment

These two matches are borrrrrrrrrrrrring.

Comment

Marco really struggling in that first half session, looks a very different player from the other day. Matthew not exactly at his best either, but looking the more likely of the two to go through. 3 - 1 to Mat at the MSI.

They met in the same round of this competition 4 years ago, Fu came through 9 - 5 then (Those were the days eh, first to 9 ) but Stevens has the upper hand overall, having won 7 of their 11 previous meetings including their match at this years world champs which he won 10 - 3 So I suppose it's going to form, so far. Hopefully Marco can up his game for the second half and give Matthew something to think about.

-
            The slow and labourious,

Comment

Not wanting to spoil my viewing pleasure by reading this thread and finding out results in advance, which match can you guys tip me to start my snooker day with? Thanks as always for the help

Nevermind. Seems like Stevens - Fu should be the one.
              Last edited by daffie; 4 December 2012, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by FerruleFox View Post
                These two matches are borrrrrrrrrrrrring.
                Watching Fu is like watching paint dry =/ Really...really dreary.

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                  Not wanting to spoil my viewing pleasure by reading this thread and finding out results in advance, which match can you guys tip me to start my snooker day with? Thanks as always for the help

Nevermind. Seems like Stevens - Fu should be the one.
                  Fu v Stevens was a bit of a slow burner, not the highest quality snooker throughout but it had it's moments, some really nice tactical play and a few sweat breaks, worth a look I'd say.

-
                  The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                    Fu v Stevens was a bit of a slow burner, not the highest quality snooker throughout but it had it's moments, some really nice tactical play and a few sweat breaks, worth a look I'd say.

-
                    Sounds good to me, thanks Andy.

Comment

Sounds good to me, thanks Andy.
                      No problem mate. Which match you going to watch tonight? Think I'll concentrate on Mags v Bingham and see how it goes, 4 - 3 to Maguire in previous meetings, so it's nicely set for Stuart to even things up. Evening matches definitely have a bit more zing for me, especially with a nice late finish, and this one should be pretty close, hopefully.

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

No problem mate. Which match you going to watch tonight? Think I'll concentrate on Mags v Bingham and see how it goes, 4 - 3 to Maguire in previous meetings, so it's nicely set for Stuart to even things up. Evening matches definitely have a bit more zing for me, especially with a nice late finish, and this one should be pretty close, hopefully.

-
                        Yeah I think that's the one I'll be watching as well. Sounds like a good match-up. Was late at work this morning thanks to the late Brecel finish last night So it would probably be best for me to not have a too late finish tonight...but hoping for a close tense match as always.

The Stevens -fu match is a bit weird...unusual things happening there. And of course Willie keeps on yapping away...nothing unusual there
                        Last edited by daffie; 4 December 2012, 06:38 PM.

Comment

The Stevens -fu match is a bit weird...unusual things happening there. And of course Willie keeps on yapping away...nothing unusual there
                          Yeah, there was a touch of the twilight zone about that one, all part of the fun ay.

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

Yeah, there was a touch of the twilight zone about that one, all part of the fun ay.

-
                            Indeed. Btw I'm quitting my job...can't stand not being able to watch the games. Barely got started with this afternoon's games, now having to switch over to this evening ones. Not enough hours in a day!

Slight change in schedule...I'm watching the Murphy Dott match atm. Hoping it might be a close tense match...plus the commentators for this match are easier on the ears
                            Last edited by daffie; 4 December 2012, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Bingham's really up for this tonight, he fair exploded out of his chair then when Mags missed, good start for him 2 - 0.

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                              X