UK Championship 2012 - QF discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
    Bingham went out did Carter play very well..?
    I don't know, I recorded it but haven't watched it yet, probably save it for a rainy day.

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
    Nice little battle on the pink between Robertson and Selby
    I've only been able to catch bits and pieces of this half session, looked as though Selby was getting chances, but 4 - 0 down Think I'll stick with this match for now though...
    -
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Murphy definitely doesn't cue as well as he did in 2005. Great to see him in the SF though.
      Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
      Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
        Selby already pushing for a re-rack.....seems to be his trademark.
        Did they have one in the end? I missed it, Robertson didn't seem too keen.

-
        The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
          I've only been able to catch bits and pieces of this half session, looked as though Selby was getting chances, but 4 - 0 down Think I'll stick with this match for now though...
          -
          I just switched over to see a bit of the Davis - Stevens match...it seems better poised. Will tape the remaining frames though and watch the end tomorrow. Rather long day ahead at work tomorrow and have to be awake for that
          Last edited by daffie; 6 December 2012, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Robertson -Selby is very interesting to watch...tactical and rather tense stuff. If Selby could get back to 4 all there's no telling what could happen...might even be an after midnight finish.

Comment

You don't often see Robertson letting someone back in the match like that. He is usually very hard to stop once he takes control. Although he didn't exactly play brilliantly to get the lead in the first place, it could have been 2-2 at the interval.

Comment

What's that noise, sounds like someone choking...?

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                  Robertson -Selby is very interesting to watch...tactical and rather tense stuff. If Selby could get back to 4 all there's no telling what could happen...might even be an after midnight finish.
                  Still with us then daffie. I've got to be up early tomorrow as well, but this match is far too fascinating to leave...

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                  You don't often see Robertson letting someone back in the match like that. He is usually very hard to stop once he takes control. Although he didn't exactly play brilliantly to get the lead in the first place, it could have been 2-2 at the interval.
                  Yes, have to admire Selby's tenacity.

-
                  The slow and labourious,

Comment

Brilliant! And they say we need more characters in the game, how much more character can you have than what we saw tonight in that comeback, classic. IMHO of course.

Night all.

-
                    The slow and labourious,

Comment

Selby came back strong at the end, well done

Comment

Used to hate the guy but got to say, Mark Selby has won me me over ... I am officially a fan!!! trumps n allens can pot alll they want ... its selby all the way for me

Comment

and yeah the fist pumps were great too ... seems like there was a bit of a needle in there somewhere

Comment

Tremendous comeback. :smile:

He could have got a better scoreline in the first part of the match, but being 4-0 down didn't break his resolve at all. He just battled to win a couple of close frames, then finished in style. :smile:

I think he has a great chance to win the title now, even though all three players are more than capable of beating him. Considering Carter's good record against Murphy, I expect a Carter-Selby final at this point, but I haven't been too successful with my predictions this week. So perhaps it's best not to overanalyze things and just enjoy the snooker. :smile:

Comment

Amazing comeback, that's what snooker can be! Great performance by Selby!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                                Still with us then daffie. I've got to be up early tomorrow as well, but this match is far too fascinating to leave...
                                Well...I was. Gave up around 00:30 and taped the reminder of the match, so will watch the conclusion later on today.

Comment

Working...
                                X