Clear All

2014 Wuxi Classic Qualifiers

Mellings was 4-3 down and got the decider
    and is 63-8 ahead with 80 something on table
    so a tight game

now Stevens needs snookers
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

The Pool player has won. Matthew will be kicking himself.

Comment

Mellings wins

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          Mellings wins
          It must be a tough for Stevens to be beaten by someone who has just completed Q-School.

Comment

but that achievement could mean the confidence is high

Comment

the result and closeness of the match could mean that Stevens didn't do much wrong
              just Mellings had the chances and took them
              not that I saw the stream, just WS live scores

Comment

looks like Lawler has beaten Calabrese

Comment

the result and closeness of the match could mean that Stevens didn't do much wrong
                  just Mellings had the chances and took them
                  not that I saw the stream, just WS live scores
                  I saw the streams. Stevens positional play was quite poor on occasion. Enough that he was forced to abandon breaks. He had his chances but failed to capitalise on them.

There was quite a few frames where Mellings broke down before getting enough points to secure the frame and on those occasions Stevens poor safety play sealed his fate.

Also, there was one shot where he really needed a rest to get the final pink into the yellow pocket but instead chose to use a stupid long butt on his cue and ended up leaving the pink over the pocket. Lots of silly stuff by Stevens.

Comment

Chris melling is an excellent player. I remember him playing snooker around 10-12 years ago. im sure he won a few events back then, challenge tour etc... Unfortunately snooker was not looking good then for any players out the top 16 with very few events so im not surprised he started to concentrate on pool which he also was a great player at! now snooker is in a far better place so why shouldn't he give it another go. good luck to him.
                    2013/2014 Season Event Predictor Winner!

Comment

Originally Posted by dieselman147 View Post
                      Chris melling is an excellent player. I remember him playing snooker around 10-12 years ago. im sure he won a few events back then, challenge tour etc... Unfortunately snooker was not looking good then for any players out the top 16 with very few events so im not surprised he started to concentrate on pool which he also was a great player at! now snooker is in a far better place so why shouldn't he give it another go. good luck to him.
                      He seemed quite used to pressure and didn't balk in the decider. If he can tighten up his game and stop breaking down when he's in the fifties so he can kill off frames in one visit then he's going to be a handful for anyone.

Comment

cheers for the quick review
                        Stevens hates the rest
                        he has lost many frames and matches because he used that natty extension instead of an easy rest shot
                        the thing is I like Stevens and wish he did better than...

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                          He seemed quite used to pressure and didn't balk in the decider. If he can tighten up his game and stop breaking down when he's in the fifties so he can kill off frames in one visit then he's going to be a handful for anyone.
                          yeah im sure he'll need to bursh up on a few aspects but tournament play should see to that. he can hold his nerve though and thats what it comes down to alot of the time.
                          2013/2014 Season Event Predictor Winner!

Comment

he has lost many frames and matches because he used that natty extension instead of an easy rest shot
                            Yes. So have I.

the thing is I like Stevens and wish he did better than...
                            Same here. Which is why it's so frustrating to see him slowly slide down the rankings. I've seen him when he's on form and there's not a ball on the table safe. An amazing long potter when he's got his eye in.

Comment

Chris Melling is one of the best cuists around, been on the main snooker tour twice before but put pool first, he's a pool legend but always played snooker aswell.

Comment

Hi Great win for Melling he deserves it with all the work he put in to get back in Snooker

Comment

Working...
                                X