• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What an interesing thread thi was!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
      What an interesing thread thi was!!
      It certainly is. Like your avatar by the way Cyril. Let me take a guess...i would say that is from the 1976 Canadian Club Masters..
      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Yeah, quality from the vault!

Comment

Not sure Spike, certainly from around that time going by Alex' barnet. Could have been '76 World Final even? Anyway, it is from the Fred Davis autobiography "Talking Snooker". Interesting read if you've never read it.

Comment

Not sure Spike, certainly from around that time going by Alex' barnet. Could have been '76 World Final even? Anyway, it is from the Fred Davis autobiography "Talking Snooker". Interesting read if you've never read it.
            I'll have to see if i can get a copy of that. I liked old Fred, a real character and was a great ambassador for our sport..
            Last edited by spike; 29 April 2010, 05:49 PM.
            "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Did you ever get a copy of Fred's autobiography, Spike?

Interesting to see Steve Davis with a copy of Joe's "The Breaks Came my Way" in the BBC feature.

Comment

1952 R1 Jackie Rea is reported as beating Jim Lees by 33-28 (Nov 19, 1951; pg. 4; Issue 52162) and not 38-32 as is commonly documented. I am inclined to go along with this score as all the other ties were over 61 frames.
                Cyril - just following up on this as I'm updating stuff.

I agree with you that the 61-frame match is much more likely and I'm inclined to alter my records. I notice, though, that they weren't quite all 61s. There is one match there, Albert Brown/John Pulman, which is shown as 32-27, which is a sort of halfway house between getting the winning lead and playing out the dead frames.

Don't suppose you have anything to add on this one?

Comment

I'll dig out the BP later.

Comment

Re: Early World Championship scores

Brown/Pulman
                    can I ask when you have this being played? I may have some info of the match.
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

First snooker world championships was in 1927.
                      Before that it was invented by englishman chamberlain in india

Comment

Working...
                      X