3G kicks and heavy contacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

I would agree with that! I’ve noticed that when the humidity stat is above 65 the table seems slow and if the balls are not cleaned from the previous day I start to get some kicks on slow shots.

The new table will be getting a Hotwire style system fitted so hopefully that help!
    Sorry I missed this reply.

Very jealous of your new table that coming....

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
      How’s the snooker rooms looking now Steve ,still keeping the damp out ,are you planning on decorating , painting walls etc when the new table comes
      Damp free now thanks!

I have a sparky mate coming next week to connect up the electrics and help me fit the aircon/heater unit. Initially I wasn’t bothered about painting but recently I have thought it could look ok painted maybe a dark colour, when I swap tables over that would be the ideal time I guess!

Comment

interesting view from a guy we like on the blue Pyro chalk.....

⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Yeah I saw that ,can’t fault the Taom chalk ,been using it 18 months .

Comment

Got Father Christmas bringing me some!

Comment

I can't believe I'm falling for this but I'm getting some as well, I feel so dirty.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I've been using the green Century Pro Chalk. Grip seems to be a bit better but it certainly isn't cleaner than triangle despite its claims.

Comment

I've been using the Russian Magic chalk. Haven't noticed any kicks, and you can get away without chalking every shot. Think it's cheaper than Taom, but might be worth a try. That said, I want to try the Taom Pyro again. Some little sh1t stole my last couple at the club

Comment

Ok. I’ve had a good few hours playing using my new Taom chalk today, I have the light green 2.0 version. Bloody brilliant!!! I can honestly say that during the few hours of practice I haven’t had a single kick, it really is amazing! Usually with the Triangle chalk I’d be plagued with random kicks, especially on those slow stun-run through shots and I’d be constantly cleaning the cue ball to get rid of the chalk marks... To add to that I haven’t miscued once and the tip feels to have plenty of grip for me. I’d highly recommend it!

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

It was a rare occurrance with super crystalate balls, Aramith phenolic resin balls are crap, why else are there three different grades of the exact same material
                      Any SC's for sale? Looking for a set in good condition. Saw some on ebay but not sure if they are genuine and if they weigh right.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Any SC's for sale? Looking for a set in good condition. Saw some on ebay but not sure if they are genuine and if they weigh right.
                        These look pretty good, original box

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295638241...Bk9SR9i_uabfYg
                        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

These look pretty good, original box

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295638241...Bk9SR9i_uabfYg
                          Thanks. What should they weigh? Like a 3g or 1g set for instance.

https://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/bo...r-balls-weight

Saw this just now, all good.
                          Last edited by fkhan; 4 October 2023, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks. What should they weigh? Like a 3g or 1g set for instance. .
                            They'll all be within a couple of grammes of each other as unlike the aramith balls in use today the material is of uniform density, you couldn't buy a set of premier SC's that were 20 grammes lighter because they didn't exist. If you buy a set of SC's made in belgium that come in a black box then you it's likely you won't get the real thing as they were made by Aramith maybe using their own phenolic resin and marketed as SC's because they owned the patent when they took over the composite ball company.
                            This may not be true of early Aramith SC balls as they did supply the WPBSA with SC balls for a short period as using SC's was a WPBSA rule, but that changed when Aramith made the decision not to make them anymore and the WPBSA then chose to use the phenolic resin balls that Aramith supplied and their rule about using only SC balls was dropped and changed to ' a ball endorsed by the WPBSA ' although they have never specified which balls they endorse. We don't know actually when this change took place, even the pro players weren't told.
                            If you buy the balls I linked to then all you need to do is clean them in hot soapy water and they will play just the same as 1g's but you can use any chalk you like and the only difference you'll notice is that they make a harder click sound on contact with each other and you'll get very few bad or strange contacts. This is because SC is a harder material and can therefore be more highly polished for a smoother surface enabling an almost friction free contact and therefore very little resistance between the balls on a napped cloth.
                            You will only get a bad contact when there is something like chalk or dirt on the actual contact point which is not the case with Aramith balls which can be seen on tv when the conditions are humid. With SC balls when conditions are humid the tables are slower and you simply have to play the shots with more pace, they don't kick all the time.
                            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Thanks. What should they weigh?

They'll all be within a couple of grammes of each other as unlike the aramith balls in use today the material is of uniform density, you couldn't buy a set of premier SC's that were 20 grammes lighter because they didn't exist. If you buy a set of SC's made in belgium that come in a black box then you it's likely you won't get the real thing as they were made by Aramith maybe using their own phenolic resin and marketed as SC's because they owned the patent when they took over the composite ball company.
                              This may not be true of early Aramith SC balls as they did supply the WPBSA with SC balls for a short period as using SC's was a WPBSA rule, but that changed when Aramith made the decision not to make them anymore and the WPBSA then chose to use the phenolic resin balls that Aramith supplied and their rule about using only SC balls was dropped and changed to ' a ball endorsed by the WPBSA ' although they have never specified which balls they endorse. We don't know actually when this change took place, even the pro players weren't told.
                              If you buy the balls I linked to then all you need to do is clean them in hot soapy water and they will play just the same as 1g's but you can use any chalk you like and the only difference you'll notice is that they make a harder click sound on contact with each other and you'll get very few bad or strange contacts. This is because SC is a harder material and can therefore be more highly polished for a smoother surface enabling an almost friction free contact and therefore very little resistance between the balls on a napped cloth.
                              You will only get a bad contact when there is something like chalk or dirt on the actual contact point which is not the case with Aramith balls which can be seen on tv when the conditions are humid. With SC balls when conditions are humid the tables are slower and you simply have to play the shots with more pace, they don't kick all the time.
                              Hi Vmax
                              Can you confirm how much a SC ball weighs?
                              Are they in the same range as TC - 139-143g?
                              thanks
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks for the info. BTW, that ebay seller does not ship to India . I asked him to try, let's see.

Comment

Working...
                                X