Is it actually advantageous to be left handed in snooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    I thought lefties would look awkward to righties. I'm quite surprised to hear we don't. I play golf right handed and lefties make me feel queasy even though I'm left handed.
    Inside every lefty there’s are righty trying to get out!

Comment

Don't date a left handed girl...

righty tighty

lefty loosey
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
        Don't date a left handed girl...

righty tighty

lefty loosey
        My missus is left handed! Lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Inside every lefty there’s are righty trying to get out!
          Hope thats not a reference to the missus then Steve...
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Those that can swap right to left (or vice versa) at will have a great advantage - I think Ronnie was the first? - but Judd seems to as well

Comment

Being left handed like myself I have noticed I have been ambidextrous in certain things and initially found this confusing as I had to make a decision on what handed to be for that particular activity . . I’ve also read that left handed people are more inclined to be ambidextrous than right handed.
              I might have to try swapping to my right hand to see what happens at snooker. I’ve got a pool table I can practice on before I mug myself off down the club

Comment

Many left handed swap and hold the cue with their right hand when using the rest (which some say is a mystery).
                Apart from that, I sense in this and other questions a little obsession for finding out "who benefits from external advantages in snooker" - living in the Midlands, having a pro table, growing up in the 1980s versus the 1990s, being left handed... - as if success (or the lack of it) had to be necessarily justified by some combination of events beyond our control, call it luck (or the lack of it). Wouldn't it be more enjoyable to simply admire what the pros do on the table and think of it as the result of talent & hard work, whatever percentage of luck they had?

(Moreover, we don't know how lucky they really are off the table...)

Comment

Working...
                X