Purchasing a full size table in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations

I hope you have many years of retirement fun out of it, and don't forget to give us some pics when you get the bad boy

Have fun,
    John.

Comment

Originally Posted by Lao Shi View Post
      Congratulations

I hope you have many years of retirement fun out of it, and don't forget to give us some pics when you get the bad boy

Have fun,
      John.
      I certainly will.... though due to time needed to refurbish, and then to ship to the west coast of the US, plus my need to finish construction on the room, means that it will be some time in late October before it is ready.

Incidentally, how does one post a picture here? I see the 'Insert and Image' icon, but that requires a URL. How do you insert a picture from your own files?

Kevin.

Comment

On 'New Reply' press 'Manage Attachments' and then browse, find the picture then add it to post by pressing the 'open' icon then 'upload'.

Comment

Originally Posted by bongo View Post
          On 'New Reply' press 'Manage Attachments' and then browse, find the picture then add it to post by pressing the 'open' icon then 'upload'.
          Thanks, I'm not seeing that option.... but perhaps that is because I'm still too new, and haven't yet earned the right.
          Kevin

Comment

Originally Posted by duguy View Post
            Thanks, I'm not seeing that option.... but perhaps that is because I'm still too new, and haven't yet earned the right.
            Kevin
            I don't think think I had the right until I hit 10 posts. Another way to post pics is to upload the images to an image hosting site, and then post the code in to your forum post.

www.lookpic.com is a good image hosting website, unfortunatly you have to upload image by image, but once you have uploaded each - you are presented with a page of codes.. you just want to copy the "Thumbnail For Websites" code, and then paste it in to your post here, and the images will show up.

John

Comment

It isn't to do with 'rights' as such but to avoid spammers who won't post but spam in Private Messages, which is quite rare.

Comment

Originally Posted by Lao Shi View Post
                I don't think think I had the right until I hit 10 posts. Another way to post pics is to upload the images to an image hosting site, and then post the code in to your forum post.

www.lookpic.com is a good image hosting website, unfortunatly you have to upload image by image, but once you have uploaded each - you are presented with a page of codes.. you just want to copy the "Thumbnail For Websites" code, and then paste it in to your post here, and the images will show up.

John
                Thanks John..... www.lookpic.com looks good. I'll certainly use that when I have the table set up.

Comment

Originally Posted by bongo View Post
                  It isn't to do with 'rights' as such but to avoid spammers who won't post but spam in Private Messages, which is quite rare.
                  That makes sense.

Comment

Have you found your table yet? We have a magnificent B & W, circa 1902, situated in Canada. It is presently in storage with the expert who installed it for us 30 years ago, and I am sure we could arrange for him to transport and install in your location if this would be of interest. It would cost a pretty penny, but well worth it.

Comment

I chanced on this thread by accident. He said he had got a table and was shipping it to the US West Coast. I wonder if he got it OK and if he was happy with it. Shame we never got an end to this story.
                      王可

Comment

Working...
                      X