No announcement yet.

Snooker Scene-September 2009?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHSmiths has not stocked Snooker Scene for years due to lack of demand, the best way to get Snooker Scene if you can not get the yearly subscription from their website is to just ask your local newsagent to get it for you every month.

My local newsagent gets it every month and delivers it to Jesters Snooker Hall for them as the guys at the club had a problem with the Snooker Scene website when trying to re-new their yearly subscription.

Comment

Snooker scene sept 2009

HI Snooker Fans around the World i got mine last week the September issue of Snooker Scene cheers Leonard from Canada

Comment

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
        either its extreamly popular or theres a problam with newspapers outlets not stocking them like they should ..
        Well where i live it's more likely to be the latter than the former, but with the amount of Newsagents in my area i find it surprising that no one stocks it at all, but seem to have no trouble in stocking the 2 Dart magazines that are out every month..
        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

I have only seen Snooker Scene is one WHSmith and I think that was in Chester.

Comment

Originally Posted by bongo View Post
            I have only seen Snooker Scene is one WHSmith and I think that was in Chester.
            Ah so it was you who had Ricky Waldens copy from his local WHSmiths

Comment

ferret:

No, you can't blame bongo as he has a subscription (but then again he might have told someone in Chester who went down to WHSmith and snapped it up!)

Even though it's my only choice here in the Great White North, subscription is definitely the way to go and I'm sure Clive would appreciate some new business.

Terry
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                ferret:

No, you can't blame bongo as he has a subscription (but then again he might have told someone in Chester who went down to WHSmith and snapped it up!)
                Yes I do have a subscription. So when I saw it all I needed to do was admire the strange sight of Snooker Scene actually being sold in a shop.

Comment

Actually, since I have been buying the magazine for about eight months at WHSmith, the latest one I have all but given up on finding. It's true that maybe a few copies were available on the rack but "I Love Darts," seven different titles of Poker, and Horse Show Jumping, etc.. seem to have taken over. I think the Smith's themselves can order it for customers only if they still have subscriptions?

quite a mystery.....

Comment

Well, I got my Snooker Scene delivered to Latvia by Newsstand.co.uk.

I remember the September issue was a bit delayed, but I know why, because Newsstand informed me about it.

Dear Subscriber,

We have reached the point where we feel we should inform you of the problems within The Royal Mail postal system, that is, if you were not already aware.

Some magazines sent from us are taking in excess of three weeks to arrive to a UK destination, which of course is completely unnacceptable to all concerned. Although we cannot be responsible for the postal service with regards to your subscription, we are chasing up any reports of items that have failed to arrive with the post office and will endeavour to help resolve any delays you may be experiencing.

With these problems in mind, it may be that your magazine arrives several days after it should and we apologise for this disruption. Below is a link to The Daily Telegraph this morning showing the potential extent of the strike action. It must also be pointed out that most of our subscribers have been unnaffected to date.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...al-strike.html

Comment

Originally Posted by jaguarf1 View Post
                      Well, I got my Snooker Scene delivered to Latvia by Newsstand.co.uk.

I remember the September issue was a bit delayed, but I know why, because Newsstand informed me about it.

Dear Subscriber,

We have reached the point where we feel we should inform you of the problems within The Royal Mail postal system, that is, if you were not already aware.

Some magazines sent from us are taking in excess of three weeks to arrive to a UK destination, which of course is completely unnacceptable to all concerned. Although we cannot be responsible for the postal service with regards to your subscription, we are chasing up any reports of items that have failed to arrive with the post office and will endeavour to help resolve any delays you may be experiencing.

With these problems in mind, it may be that your magazine arrives several days after it should and we apologise for this disruption. Below is a link to The Daily Telegraph this morning showing the potential extent of the strike action. It must also be pointed out that most of our subscribers have been unnaffected to date.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...al-strike.html
                      Well this probably explains the delay I experienced also. Thanks for posting this.
                      Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
                      http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Hi since I'm from Asia, I have never encounter snooker scene magazine before.. what is it about??
                        2009 Shanghai Roewe Masters Fantasy Game - 1ST RUNNER UP

Comment

Originally Posted by choy View Post
                          Hi since I'm from Asia, I have never encounter snooker scene magazine before.. what is it about??
                          it's a magazine about cooking

Comment

Originally Posted by jaguarf1 View Post
                            it's a magazine about cooking
                            Yeah and the fishing articles by David Hendon are great not to mention the problem pages by Phil Yates for young mums and teenagers

Comment

Working...
                            X