Any news on J Higgins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on J Higgins?

Just wondered if anyone had any news on what was happening?! Did do a search, but not much new stuff came up?! Thought this was being resolved in "weeks not months" to qoute Barry Hearninator?!
    Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

In his interview on radio RTE - it was June 3rd - Hearn said that it will take 6 more weeks. So I guess mid-July we will finally know the decision.
    Though I suppose the investigation itself should be over already, because, if I'm not mistaken, they need to give Higgins something like 3 weeks to prepare his arguments, and then some time to make a final decision.
    It's only speculation though.
    Winner of crucible77's 2008 World Championship Fantasy Snooker Game
    2008-09 Fantasy Snooker Seasonlong Champion

Comment

This Really need to be cleared up now it is starting to drag on a bit

Comment

Indeed! The longer it takes the more difficult any decision becomes... And everyone on the outside has a lot of room for silly little conspiracy theories. (including me )

Comment

Ye but isnt it better to do a thorough investigation ans ensure no stones are unturned rather than running the risk of missing potential vital information .

I dont think you can put a timescale on investigations , they take as long as they take . The most important thing is the right decision will be made .

Comment

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
            This Really need to be cleared up now it is starting to drag on a bit
            It's only been 6 weeks and a half since the NOTW came out with the news. As I already explained Higgins and his lawyers are entitled a mimnimum of 3 weeks to prepare their defence from the moment the disciplinary action started and only then the hearing can take place and I also suppose the uncertainty about BH vote might have delayed things.
            I will start to worry if there is no news before the second PTC...
            Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
            http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
              ....I dont think you can put a timescale on investigations , they take as long as they take....
              Going off topic but still about enquiries
              The Saville report about Bloody Sunday took 12 years and £400 million
              That is just so unbelievable

Comment

I wonder if John had practiced any snooker at all since this incident started? If he did, someone must have seen him. I've read somewhere that he doesn't have a table at home...not sure whether this is true or not...

Comment

Originally Posted by Monique View Post
                  It's only been 6 weeks and a half since the NOTW came out with the news. As I already explained Higgins and his lawyers are entitled a mimnimum of 3 weeks to prepare their defence from the moment the disciplinary action started and only then the hearing can take place and I also suppose the uncertainty about BH vote might have delayed things.
                  I will start to worry if there is no news before the second PTC...
                  second PTC Starts in 21 Days so i take it we both can worry together then

yes it has to be done right but god thoes 6 weeks has felt like a lifetime regarding a clowd hanging over one of the greatest players of all time.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    Going off topic but still about enquiries
                    The Saville report about Bloody Sunday took 12 years and £400 million
                    That is just so unbelievable
                    13 innocent civilians were murdered by the British army, you can’t put a price on justice.

Comment

Not to be too cynical [ where IS Templeton Peck when you need him!? ]
                      ... this cooling-off period is essential to quell the justifiable, passionate anger and fear amongst the believers,
                      to allow for reasonable, effective Public Relations to hold sway.
                      Higgins has, for whatever reason, gone from Hero to Zero, threatening to take the sport down with him.
                      The Board will decide on what's in the best interest of "Snooker" [ that's their JOB ] not on an individual "problem player",
                      regardless how successful he has been.
                      Sorry King John, you're now a pawn.

=o(

Noel

BAK, Samuel "Board's Meeting"

Comment

yup the sport has to come first no matter who the player is.

but hope to god 18th of july in a months time everyone will know pleseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

QUOTE=wildJONESEYE;507405]yup the sport has to come first no matter who the player is. [ except Ronnie ] [/QUOTE]

=o)

Noel

Comment

The latest from Sporting Intelligence.
                            http://www.sportingintelligence.com/...-video-180608/
                            "I tried to be patient, but it took too long"

Comment

Originally Posted by noel View Post
                              QUOTE=wildJONESEYE;507405]yup the sport has to come first no matter who the player is. [ except Ronnie ]

=o)

Noel[/QUOTE]
                              Ronnie included under uncle rodney Ronnie on ocations had it slightly soft.

now Hearn will be tougher on him if he steps out of line.
                              Last edited by wildJONESEYE; 18 June 2010, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X