No announcement yet.

Why do you go to 'your' club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to go to Terry Griffiths matchroom but £6 an hour now is taking the p*ss.
    So I go to Bryn and Trallwm social club £1.60 an hour and lovely people.
    "Practice Makes Perfect"
    "He Who Endures Conquers"
    "Fortune Favours The Brave"

1 piece Trevor White 8.5mm Tip,17 1/2oz,57"

Comment

My social club is 5mins drive or 15mins walk, so I go there because when I find time to play I don't find a lot of it
      It also costs just £1 for 30 mins, and the drinks are cheap as chips.. and the chips, actually they're a bit expensive.
      "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
      - Linus Pauling

Comment

An RSL Club, only two tables as do most of our clubs in this district. I play 'A' grade for our club and we have won the District Championship 3 times in the past 5 years. We have 5 teams playing in the District Comp. 1 x 'A', 2 x 'B' & 2 x 'C' grade teams. Tables are good IMO. Good bunch of fellows to play with. We play socially for free and we have a million dollar view of Jervis Bay on the new South Wales South Coast.

Comment

i was pro for 15 years and played in the same club for about 25 years. i went there for the good tables and the atmosphere and i suppose the free practice that came with it eventually had a big say in me staying at that club all my life. that club made me the player i was i think imo

cheers chris
          www.ChrisSmallSnookerCoaching.co.uk

Comment

I go to the club as my mate owns it ......about 20 mins drive . Few pro's play out of there and a couple of up and coming players also use it . Decent tables and a comp every Thursday . Great bar staff and a decent atmosphere as well .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

The club I play at is half an hour away but there's plenty of room around each table, clean cloths (most of the time), clean balls (most of the time), lots of decent equipment (extendable rests, spiders, swan necks) and match sets on every table.

My local club (2 mins drive) has filthy tables, ping pong sets of balls, one spider per 4 tables, rude staff, and very strange opening hours.
              I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
                used to go to a place called merlins, a sports bar but when they opened it up so you didnt need membership the tables always ended up damaged and they wouldnt repair those, so i recently joined a conservative club, even though im not conservative, to play there for 3 quid an hour for pretty decent tables
                Merlins, in Great Yarmouth? I remember looking at the snooker room there last year thinking the pockets were way too massive

Comment

Local connie club, £1 half an hour. Good speed tables, pockets reasonable size but not so tight to spoil a social game. A team who have welcomed me with open arms for the winter.

If Willie Thornes had not closed I would go there a couple of times a week just to play the serious snooker players who went in there. Now they've gone I don't know where the regular good players are at :-(

Comment

Originally Posted by Predator314/2 View Post
                    Merlins, in Great Yarmouth? I remember looking at the snooker room there last year thinking the pockets were way too massive
                    yea thats the one lol, tbh they have 1 decent table and thats number 3, it belonged to a local who was good at snooker and finally ended up there its heated and the pockets are tight as they come lol

Comment

For me it's closest, cheapest, best tables, great atmosphere (but really, it's one of the only ones around, so not like there's a choice).

I do find it to be a great club with great prices. Just around £45/mo for unlimited play (even beers aren't that expensive, too bad it lowers my game-quality)
                      Shreddin' balls :livid:

Comment

I go to my club coz it's close to my home & it's not too expensive playing there, while i can also meet many different players.

Comment

Halifax snooker club 22 tables so we can always get a table unlike our local club where you have to chalk your name down and wait ages for a game.

Comment

I have set up my own club with two mates. We now got 4 nice tables and 23 members. Flatrate is 75 € p. month with own key, beer 1 €.

Comment

I joined my local social club as its the only place around for miles with a table. That said its right around the corner from me and is a decent price for table time (£2 per hr). Also it has a league which perhaps one day Ill join.

Comment

The local social, 20p for 20mins in the light, beer is ok priced, not the nicest in the world though, but it's close so I can walk there every night, usually dead time from dinner time till 4.30 for practice, then a few lads come and go, get enough games in.

Comment

Working...
                                X