Dennis Taylor glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Viktortheman View Post
    Decisions, decisions... going to have think about it. It's a strange feeling that I pot the balls with much more confidence with glasses and even though I might look like a hipster or something, it's all about potting in the end
    Good luck mate. I've wasted a lot of money over the years trying to find the best solution. I once had a pair of "transitions" made for me in an attempt to get both short and distance sight for snooker. They were a disaster. Sight was distorted.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
      Good luck mate. I've wasted a lot of money over the years trying to find the best solution. I once had a pair of "transitions" made for me in an attempt to get both short and distance sight for snooker. They were a disaster. Sight was distorted.
      Yeah, snooker is a sport for those with perfect sight I'm afraid.
      #Age: 22 HB#: 82 #Cue: Mike Wooldridge Vintage Cue # Tip: Mike Wooldridge BlackSpin #Best performance in tournament: Semi-final in an "open to all" Swedish tournament 2015, Swedish U16 tournament champion October 2007 #Current rank in Sweden: 15

Comment

Originally Posted by Viktortheman View Post
        Yeah, snooker is a sport for those with perfect sight I'm afraid.
        Wearing glasses didn't stop Dennis Taylor becoming World Champion. Judd Trump amongst many others also wear contact lenses.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
          Wearing glasses didn't stop Dennis Taylor becoming World Champion. Judd Trump amongst many others also wear contact lenses.
          Fair point mate. It's all about finding out what's right for you. Eyes are complicated things. Dennis struggled with contacts and glasses before hitting on the idea of his 'upside down" glasses. I must have tried half a dozen different types of contacts before I found a type that gave me pretty good vision. Terry Davidson posts on the Forum regularly how pleased he is with his "gas permeable" contacts. Yes it's all about finding out what works for you.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
            Fair point mate. It's all about finding out what's right for you. Eyes are complicated things. Dennis struggled with contacts and glasses before hitting on the idea of his 'upside down" glasses. I must have tried half a dozen different types of contacts before I found a type that gave me pretty good vision. Terry Davidson posts on the Forum regularly how pleased he is with his "gas permeable" contacts. Yes it's all about finding out what works for you.
            Indeed. I think I'm going to try some contacts at some point.

Comment

I just recently acquired a pair of there:
              http://eyediologyopticians.co.uk/pro...0-in-Gold.html

Never played with glasses before and I've only played a couple of times with these now so I can't say I'm speaking with experience. However I do like the glasses. They correct my astigmatism perfectly and I can see very clearly from near to very far. The lenses come up to my eyebrow level and the frames don't bother me at all.

Cheers,
              Kari

Comment

Just want to update: today I ordered these ones http://www.sportsprescriptionglasses...roducts_id=457 with anti-reflection and 57mm depth of lens Can't wait!
                #Age: 22 HB#: 82 #Cue: Mike Wooldridge Vintage Cue # Tip: Mike Wooldridge BlackSpin #Best performance in tournament: Semi-final in an "open to all" Swedish tournament 2015, Swedish U16 tournament champion October 2007 #Current rank in Sweden: 15

Comment

Working...
                X