No announcement yet.

Playing with one eye dominant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The amount of arguments and "calling people out" is getting ridiculous on this forum, if you can see benefit from what someone's posting then great, if not scroll past.

Get on the baize and exercise those demons

Comment

And when they're good and tired, exorcise them.

Comment

Originally Posted by mr.boy View Post
        And when they're good and tired, exorcise them.
        Exactly give them a workout then get rid. best way.

Comment

Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
          Get on the baize and exercise those demons
          Or shoot them

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
            I also have the cue centre chin but I have a boxer stance at 45 degrees to the line of aim therefore when playing a straight blue into the middle pocket from the green side of the table my head is square on to the yellow pocket and the cue runs directly under my left eye on the line of aim of the blue to the middle, just like Ronnie and a mirror image of Robertson.

This is how my brain separates the two images it receives from each eye, the two cues it sees between my eyes in order to place only one cue on the line of aim.
            Other players do it differently according to their own indivdual eyesight, but that is how the brain works to separates two images in order to see only one for reasons of precise aiming in cuesports, shooting and archery.

For those players that have a very dominant eye then the brain will choose that eye only as there is probably a very good reason why that eye is much more dominant than the other.
            Players who have such a very dominant eye but overide it in order to try to achieve what is perceived to be correct according to some edict of perfection will have sighting issues, and it's these that need to find their dominant eye and allow it to lead them into a natural set up and stance led by their own personal eyesight rather than doing what a coach or coaching manual says should be correct.

These players are the likes of Graham Miles, Jamie Jones, Cliff Wilson and John Virgo who all had a very dominant eye and cued outside of their chin to see the cue on the line of aim, and to tell such a player not to do that is denying him the right to play good snooker.

Terry

My sarcasm is well founded after watching you play in the Canadian Amateurs. You say your performance was bad due to the pressure of poor quality tables and refereeing. I on the other hand saw a poor technique and a very bad sportsman and ill tempered individual who folded with a p1ss easy blue for the match with a ready made excuse to lose tucked away in his pocket.
            Take a look at yourself before giving advice to others because to be brutally honest I would expect to learn from someone who practises what he preaches and therefore I wouldn't go to you for coaching after that performance as I would expect that you were in fact applying what you teach and that it doesn't work.

The same reason why I ignored nrage as an expert coach whose high break was 26 !! FFS.
            Although I agree with the dominant eye theory, you're way out of line saying that **** about Terry. No-one and I mean NO-ONE can play well 100 percent of the time...we are all humans and we play well some days and other we dont. You're no different, not even Ronnie O Sullivan. Why are you attacking him personally on a community forum meant to help each other? Get out of here with that negative **** man.

Comment

Hey... new guy.

This thread is 6 months old.

it served no purpose then and nothing has changed

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                Hey... new guy.

This thread is 6 months old.

it served no purpose then and nothing has changed
                Haha, true.. I actually came on this thread to see what other people thought about the dominant eye theory, didnt realize the date it was posted

Comment

Dont worry about what your eyes are doing...

Your eyes don't deliver the cue

Comment

Dont worry about what your eyes are doing...

Your eyes don't deliver the cue
                    Thats because theyre too busy sighting and aligning the shot

Comment

I sight and aim the shot whilst I'm stood up.

Comment

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                        Although I agree with the dominant eye theory, you're way out of line saying that **** about Terry. No-one and I mean NO-ONE can play well 100 percent of the time...we are all humans and we play well some days and other we dont. You're no different, not even Ronnie O Sullivan. Why are you attacking him personally on a community forum meant to help each other? Get out of here with that negative **** man.
                        Backing up your fellow canadian I see. Do you also have scottish calvanist ancestry :grumpy:

I have a right to call anything about anyone and on any subject as I see it, no bad language was used and my argument about the style of play of a coach compared to what he teaches and advocates on this forum is validated by what I saw. Terry defended himself well from my written criticism once his initial anger subsided, he doesn't need you or anyone else to get offended on his behalf.
                        This argument doesn't need to be resurrected, it has run its course.

Comment

I sight and aim the shot whilst I'm stood up.
                          Same here think it's just natural

Comment

Backing up your fellow canadian I see. Do you also have scottish calvanist ancestry :grumpy:

I have a right to call anything about anyone and on any subject as I see it, no bad language was used and my argument about the style of play of a coach compared to what he teaches and advocates on this forum is validated by what I saw. Terry defended himself well from my written criticism once his initial anger subsided, he doesn't need you or anyone else to get offended on his behalf.
                            very well measured response

Comment

Fair enough, you're definitely entitled to your opinion. I apologize for being confrontational, I just didn't like your attitude earlier. Nothing to do with being Canadian and no Im not of Scottish ancestry Anyway youre right, this had already run its course, apologize for resurfacing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X