How many times can you replace white?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by WHolmes View Post
    how did snookers work before the miss rule?
    Well surely you took the shot from where the balls finished or make him go instead, it really works ok lol

Comment

When did World Snooker start playing 'foul and a miss'?

Did the players like the new rules when they started?
      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
        When did World Snooker start playing 'foul and a miss'?

Did the players like the new rules when they started?
        the Miss has been around since at least 1995, it has gone through several variants and slight rewrites up to the latest as of Aug14.
        Before 1995 there were attempts to penalise a player from deliberately not attempting to hit the ball on and leaving the new striker at a disadvantage.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

You can't use the miss rule on your mate man jesus. If you say you are way better than him and he is lucky then why would you want do that? You will end up making him stop playing with you if you do that especially if you say you are a lot better than he is. Play like bill says to improve not to screw your buddy over when things are not going your way.

Comment

Originally Posted by Alba_ View Post
            You can't use the miss rule on your mate man jesus. If you say you are way better than him and he is lucky then why would you want do that? You will end up making him stop playing with you if you do that especially if you say you are a lot better than he is. Play like bill says to improve not to screw your buddy over when things are not going your way.
            Just get them a few nasty snookers. It is always fun to see their face as the cue ball rolls up behind a ball and snookers them.
            My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
              Just get them a few nasty snookers. It is always fun to see their face as the cue ball rolls up behind a ball and snookers them.
              Yeah mythman there is nothing sweeter than laying some snookers verses your playing buddy because that's what there gona be crying about all the way home in the car It's like a kidney punch. You see them slouch and walk angrily round to play there shot.. mwahaha

Comment

Yeah mythman there is nothing sweeter than laying some snookers verses your playing buddy because that's what there gona be crying about all the way home in the car It's like a kidney punch. You see them slouch and walk angrily round to play there shot.. mwahaha
                dr_evil_finger-300x155.jpg

Mwahaha

Comment

This ruie has been the cause of more fall out's in amateur snooker than its worth, I can remember the late John street wrote an article in witch he stated that both player's had to be pro's for the rule to apply because back then it was considered a professional foul. In our local six man leage we only use it if a ball can be hit, and of course we do call it if a full ball is on with the three attempts or frame over. This has stopped all the fisticuffs and walk outs but it duz still Miff player's that have played a grate shot to lay a good snooker. My opinion of mates playing it in practice is it helps with learning to escape them, and if both players are fine with it and don't argue or fallout then its fine, but to use it as a wind up ? Ain't a good idear.

Comment

Love the fact that everyone assumes I'm replacing the White against my mate a million times. I was asking how many times can you replace the White out of pure curiosity because I didn't clearly know the answer. I didn't want to know so i could apply this to my game. Like I said in my previous posts, I rarely take any fouls, but when I'm behind and lay a snooker I don't deserve to have it replaced once or twice ? Btw all my mates play the miss rule. not to a serious extent but just replace it if there's no real advantage of leaving the White where it ends up.
                    Last edited by RoryM147; 2 January 2015, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Wasn't the miss rule brought in due to Willie Thorne boasting how he missed on purpose and was overheard by a board member? Not TSF, a WPBSA board member.
                      #jeSuisByrom

Comment

If there are loads of reds on the table and I miss a snooker I will offer the miss, but I never take them in a bounce game, I'm not that desperate to win, I'm more interested in how I play.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                          If there are loads of reds on the table and I miss a snooker I will offer the miss, but I never take them in a bounce game, I'm not that desperate to win, I'm more interested in how I play.
                          This exactly. Concentrate on how you play and improving your own game. Not in just winning the frame no matter what it takes.

If I win a session but play rubbish, I'm not impressed.
                          WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                          Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            note, if a full ball straight line shot is on then a Miss can still be called even if snookers are required - this is restricted by the three miss rule and loss of frame
                            That's not entirely correct Dean. A 'first' Miss call can only be made if there are sufficient points to win by both players both before and after the stroke. However, once the first miss has been called AND there is a straight line path to centre ball contact ONLY THEN can a second (and third) Miss be called.
                            Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              well, you can go for any ball on not necessarily the one you can see full ball, but because of this ball a Miss will be called and the third miss and frame loss will apply.
                              Just to clarify what I think you're saying here. If, say after potting a red, you're left behind the pack of reds and have a very awkward black which you can see full ball and which, if played, would inevitably leave the opponent on for a large break, you choose a baulk colour on which you are snookered, a Miss will be called if you miss it. Because you could have chosen the black which is available with full ball contact, a second and third Miss will be called regardless of score, and the frame awarded after the third Miss. Even though you're snookered on the ball you've nominated.

Comment

Originally Posted by WHolmes View Post
                                how did snookers work before the miss rule?
                                The Miss rule has been in the rules since at least the mid 1980s. It's just that a more prescriptive version was introduced... almost 20 years ago! (September 1995). There seem to be more arguments about the Miss rule now than there were back in the late 90s.

Comment

Working...
                                X