No announcement yet.

Cleaning snooker balls, dish washer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use nothing but the Aramith cleaner and elbow grease. Takes about 20mins a go.
    I do however think windowlene is the same type of product at a massive cost cutting price.
    A slightly abrasive liquid that buffs up to a shine.
    I shall give it a go on my old cue ball.

Comment

Originally Posted by I just want a ton! View Post
      I use nothing but the Aramith cleaner and elbow grease. Takes about 20mins a go.
      I do however think windowlene is the same type of product at a massive cost cutting price.
      I also use aramith ball cleaner as I do bleach down the toilet or toothpaste for my teeth not sure why it's such a problem people using the actual ball cleaner rather the people finding other alternatives when it's cheap as chips anyhow

Comment

Originally Posted by I just want a ton! View Post
        You should never use anything even slightly abrasive as it will roughen the surface of the balls which will lead to more kicks.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
          You should never use anything even slightly abrasive as it will roughen the surface of the balls which will lead to more kicks.
          Yarp. Dats why I only use a bit of soft soap liquid and then it's silicone spray time. They got so much travel afterwards and noticeably less kicks. I know Thorne and Virgo have their theory of the majority of kicks being down to the white jumping up before contact and I'm leaning towards this now. With silicone, there's more slide and roll on the cue ball and less jumping.

Comment

I've been using furniture polish for years and it worked fine however I recently bought some 1G balls when I had the table re-clothed and after a few dozen shots the cue ball is covered in a green fur. I'm not sure if its because of the new cloth or whether the balls are holding static which attracts the dust. Any thoughts from anyone?

Comment

Originally Posted by 840aj View Post
              I've been using furniture polish for years and it worked fine however I recently bought some 1G balls when I had the table re-clothed and after a few dozen shots the cue ball is covered in a green fur. I'm not sure if its because of the new cloth or whether the balls are holding static which attracts the dust. Any thoughts from anyone?
              Sounds like static to me. That's the problem with using Mr. Sheen on wood furniture as well, the dust flies in after. What cloth did you have fitted?

Comment

Originally Posted by 840aj View Post
                you need to use the vaccum cleaner after you brush... Ive seen this before, dust bunnies galore... greeen ones at that...
                I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Ok, so you may think I am messing with you here but today i tried and experiment. I put my 1G balls in the dishwasher but instead of using dishwasher tablets, i used oven cleaner. Obviously with rinse aid as well as you can't escape that plus it cant do any harm. Well, on 35 degrees they came out like new! I am super impressed. I used a microfibre cloth just to wipe them down at the end but yes, this is my new way of cleaning them. Great experiment! Plus, not one single kick so far since. I was getting 3 or 4 during practice before this.
                  Last edited by the_unrepentant; 25 May 2018, 12:38 AM.
                  Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

How did you add the oven cleaner to the dishwasher?
                    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I just simply put it in the slot where the dishwasher tablet usually goes. Just poured a bit in to about half way. I've just got out from my room from a practice session and the balls were running beautifully.
                      Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Is it April 1st?

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                          Is it April 1st?
                          I knew this would get a response like this. I'm always going to clean them this way from now on. It if you think it's a joke, then don't do it. I'm just sharing what worked with me.

Comment

Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
                            I knew this would get a response like this. I'm always going to clean them this way from now on. It if you think it's a joke, then don't do it. I'm just sharing what worked with me.
                            Ha! Just joking. But I won't personally be adding oven cleaner to my dishwasher. It's nasty stuff. I don't want that all inside the dishwasher. God knows what damage that is doing.

Comment

I am reluctant to put Oven Cleaner in the dishwasher , do they come out ok without putting this in and just using a normal tablet ?
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

What damage can oven cleaner do to the dishwasher? It seems fine to me and if anything, its helped clean it! It looks pretty good to be honest. I have heard balls going misty using a normal dishwasher tablets which is why i used the oven cleaner. They didn't go misty and look and play great!

Comment

Working...
                                X