• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the_unrepentant
    replied
    Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    Yeah that's a good suggestion, Dean!

Have you tried that?
    No, I haven't but I may well do. The oven cleaner has done such a great job, I personally think it will be tough to get them better. It was a weird experiment I know but its paid off! If nobody else ever tries it, then fair enough but I'll be doing it again for sure. I wouldn't go higher then 35 degrees though.

Leave a comment:

• tedisbill
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    what oven cleaner? just the wipe on wipe off white cream stuff or the powerful soak and don't let touch anything stuff?

how about using the Aramith cleaner in the tablet dispenser instead?
    Yeah that's a good suggestion, Dean!

Have you tried that?

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    what oven cleaner? just the wipe on wipe off white cream stuff or the powerful soak and don't let touch anything stuff?

how about using the Aramith cleaner in the tablet dispenser instead?

Leave a comment:

• the_unrepentant
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Cheers for that , i might just put them through a wash cycle with no tablet .
    It certainly won't do any harm. I think Rinse Aid actually helps.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Cheers for that , i might just put them through a wash cycle with no tablet .

Leave a comment:

• the_unrepentant
    replied
    What damage can oven cleaner do to the dishwasher? It seems fine to me and if anything, its helped clean it! It looks pretty good to be honest. I have heard balls going misty using a normal dishwasher tablets which is why i used the oven cleaner. They didn't go misty and look and play great!

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    I am reluctant to put Oven Cleaner in the dishwasher , do they come out ok without putting this in and just using a normal tablet ?

Leave a comment:

• tedisbill
    replied
    Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
    I knew this would get a response like this. I'm always going to clean them this way from now on. It if you think it's a joke, then don't do it. I'm just sharing what worked with me.
    Ha! Just joking. But I won't personally be adding oven cleaner to my dishwasher. It's nasty stuff. I don't want that all inside the dishwasher. God knows what damage that is doing.

Leave a comment:

• the_unrepentant
    replied
    Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    Is it April 1st?
    I knew this would get a response like this. I'm always going to clean them this way from now on. It if you think it's a joke, then don't do it. I'm just sharing what worked with me.

Leave a comment:

• tedisbill
    replied
    Is it April 1st?

Leave a comment:

• the_unrepentant
    replied
    I just simply put it in the slot where the dishwasher tablet usually goes. Just poured a bit in to about half way. I've just got out from my room from a practice session and the balls were running beautifully.

Leave a comment:

• tedisbill
    replied
    How did you add the oven cleaner to the dishwasher?

Leave a comment:

• the_unrepentant
    replied
    Ok, so you may think I am messing with you here but today i tried and experiment. I put my 1G balls in the dishwasher but instead of using dishwasher tablets, i used oven cleaner. Obviously with rinse aid as well as you can't escape that plus it cant do any harm. Well, on 35 degrees they came out like new! I am super impressed. I used a microfibre cloth just to wipe them down at the end but yes, this is my new way of cleaning them. Great experiment! Plus, not one single kick so far since. I was getting 3 or 4 during practice before this.
    Last edited by the_unrepentant; 25 May 2018, 12:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sharkster63
    replied
    Originally Posted by 840aj View Post
    I've been using furniture polish for years and it worked fine however I recently bought some 1G balls when I had the table re-clothed and after a few dozen shots the cue ball is covered in a green fur. I'm not sure if its because of the new cloth or whether the balls are holding static which attracts the dust. Any thoughts from anyone?
    you need to use the vaccum cleaner after you brush... Ive seen this before, dust bunnies galore... greeen ones at that...

Leave a comment:

• Master Blaster
    replied
    Originally Posted by 840aj View Post
    I've been using furniture polish for years and it worked fine however I recently bought some 1G balls when I had the table re-clothed and after a few dozen shots the cue ball is covered in a green fur. I'm not sure if its because of the new cloth or whether the balls are holding static which attracts the dust. Any thoughts from anyone?
    Sounds like static to me. That's the problem with using Mr. Sheen on wood furniture as well, the dust flies in after. What cloth did you have fitted?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X