Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What decides the price of the cue stick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
    Hmm yeah but you also have an extra flex on the last 20cm of the shaft that don't find elswhere, or rarely.
    I've seen once Yannick Poulain (former French #1) put his acuerate upside down, stuck it on the rail of the table and shake the head of the shaft like a pole dancer.....everbody was expecting the shaft to explode in bits every seconds but no.
    Haha, sounds more like a magicians wand

Comment

Yes I mean claims are like for like,ie 10 vs 10. 11vs 11

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
        Hmm yeah but you also have an extra flex on the last 20cm of the shaft that don't find elswhere, or rarely.
        I've seen once Yannick Poulain (former French #1) put his acuerate upside down, stuck it on the rail of the table and shake the head of the shaft like a pole dancer.....everbody was expecting the shaft to explode in bits every seconds but no.
        Could you explain that a wee bit for me I'm not sure what's happened there, has he held the tip end and wobbled the cue side to side? Sounds scary lol.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

That's exactly that! Like if you turn your cue upside down to trim a brand new tip for example, but then you grab the shaft move it like crazy......Scared the hell of me as well,
          Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
            Photos please! Looking to your fwd your review!

For those interested, full review of my cue in the topic 'pictures of your cues'
            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Good afternoon, gentlemen.

I was a cuemaker for fifteen years. The most popular stick in my range was also the most expensive, retailing at around £300. If anyone ever expressed the view that the product was far too costly, I would look them in the eye and sincerely inform them that it was only the profit that made the cue so expensive, otherwise it would be very reasonable.

Comment

Originally Posted by toastandmarmite View Post
                Good afternoon, gentlemen.

I was a cuemaker for fifteen years. The most popular stick in my range was also the most expensive, retailing at around £300. If anyone ever expressed the view that the product was far too costly, I would look them in the eye and sincerely inform them that it was only the profit that made the cue so expensive, otherwise it would be very reasonable.
                There seems to be a few ex cue makers about; if you don't mind me asking, how come you packed it in?
                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

I sold the business and retired, sir.

In all honesty, though, I don't think I would now be able to compete with the products coming in from China at such low prices. During my time the quality of cues imported from the far east was so low that it didn't really affect trade at all, nowadays the standard is extremely good.

Comment

Originally Posted by toastandmarmite View Post
                    I sold the business and retired, sir.

In all honesty, though, I don't think I would now be able to compete with the products coming in from China at such low prices. During my time the quality of cues imported from the far east was so low that it didn't really affect trade at all, nowadays the standard is extremely good.
                    Seems to be a sign of the times....I wonder how many more businesses of this nature will suffer. Difficult to argue as if the standard is good, t's good!

Comment

• A friend asked me to secretly purchase a cue from Ebay as her husband's Christmas present. I had a quick peek when it arrived and, frankly, was astonished, It was a three-quarter joint model, hand-spliced with what appeared to be padauk and maple veneers. Hand on my heart, the cue was lovely, well made and finished beautifully. It also came complete with a telescopic extension and mini-butt, all carried in an extremely attractive faux leather case.

The price including shipping? Forty-two pounds for the lot! How on earth does one compete with that?

Comment

• Originally Posted by toastandmarmite View Post
                        A friend asked me to secretly purchase a cue from Ebay as her husband's Christmas present. I had a quick peek when it arrived and, frankly, was astonished, It was a three-quarter joint model, hand-spliced with what appeared to be padauk and maple veneers. Hand on my heart, the cue was lovely, well made and finished beautifully. It also came complete with a telescopic extension and mini-butt, all carried in an extremely attractive faux leather case.

The price including shipping? Forty-two pounds for the lot! How on earth does one compete with that?
                        When you look at the figures it just doesn't make sense. How could you possibly make a profit at that price.

Comment

• I have no idea, sir, I certainly couldn't turn a profit at those prices. I know China offers heavy subsidies to its companies regards shipping costs, but it's still incredible.

Comment

• Originally Posted by LucLex3119 View Post
                            When you look at the figures it just doesn't make sense. How could you possibly make a profit at that price.
                            For the price these guys are chrning them out at you probably couldn't make it for that here!

Comment

• I'm picturing a warehouse full of 10 year olds working 18 hours a day bleeding at the finger tips.

Either that or someone has stolen a load of cues and cases and are knocking them out cheap.

Comment

• Good bye, gentlemen. Many thanks for your company this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X