Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone help with this simple question about crucible championship ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help with this simple question about crucible championship ?

Can someone tell me who is the snooker player with most wins in the first round of crucible ?

Thank you

appears to be Jimmy White
    http://cuetracker.net/Statistics/Mat...d-Championship

I am assuming that the "first match in tournament" relates to the First round at the competition proper.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

and what about most consecutive wins in first round ?

Comment

sorry, don't think the database does that criteria

if you by consecutive, win first round one year, win first round next year

Comment

Is it Hendry 23,Davis 22,White 19 ?
          :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

I think it's Jimmy White with 13 consecutive first round wins (1984 to 1996)

Comment

That link does not seem correct. Ali Carter has won 20/20 first round matches at the world championship, yet I'm sure hes only been to the crucible 14 times or so.

Comment

According to CueTracker Ali Carter has won 11 of 14 first round matches at the Crucible.

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  appears to be Jimmy White
                  http://cuetracker.net/Statistics/Mat...d-Championship

I am assuming that the "first match in tournament" relates to the First round at the competition proper.
                  This link is for the first matches played each year by the player.As this includes qualifying matches it is not the same as 1st round matches at the Crucible.Check each players World Championship record.Any year showing last 16 or better means they won a first round match (1980 onwards).

Comment

no probs was not sure of the definition of first match
                    please feel free to go through all players ever to have played at crucible
                    I'll ask Ron about a possible filter on the report linked

Comment

Terry Griffiths had a very good first round record and may have equalled or bettered Jimmy White's. 14 consequetive from 1983-1996.

Comment

Originally Posted by mick745 View Post
                        Terry Griffiths had a very good first round record and may have equalled or bettered Jimmy White's. 14 consequetive from 1983-1996.
                        Yes,17 in total.

Comment

no probs was not sure of the definition of first match
                          please feel free to go through all players ever to have played at crucible
                          I'll ask Ron about a possible filter on the report linked
                          Its hardly necessary to check all the players to have played at the Crucible.I would be very surprised if anyone has won more 1st round matches there than Hendry as neither Davis or White have.And it looks like Terry Griffiths who has won the most in a row.

Comment

t'was a joke

I will pass the idea on though as it is only when someone asks a question that a new filter/report could be added
                            cheers

Comment

t'was a joke

I will pass the idea on though as it is only when someone asks a question that a new filter/report could be added
                              cheers
                              Good point.& I must admit I was a bit surprised that it's Terry Griffiths who has won the most in a row.

Comment

Working...
                              X