Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the first World Champion born after 1990?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be the first World Champion born after 1990?

Who will become the first World Champion born after 1990? Could it be one of the following.?

Oliver Lines
    Luca Brecel
    Yan Bingtao
    James Cahill
    Kyren Wilson
    Lyu Haotian
    Zhou Yuelong
    Michael White
    Anthony McGill
    Jack Lisowski

Anyone else?

. . . and on the same lines, in what year, will one of the post 1990 club, win the WSC ?

Comment

Its impossible to say. Nobody is guaranteed to win a world championship. There have been some fantastic players down the years who haven't won the big one, a lot better than anyone on that list above, Trump, Carter, Maguire, Allen and Hawkins for starters. These guys still have a lot left in the tank to think they are a massive obstacle for any young player trying to make their way into the game.

If I were to pick one name, I'd say Zhou Xintong. I think he is the most naturally talented Chinese player I've seen. If he lives up to his potential he will be better than Ding IMO.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
        If I were to pick one name, I'd say Zhou Xintong. I think he is the most naturally talented Chinese player I've seen. If he lives up to his potential he will be better than Ding IMO.
        Zhou Yuelong or Zhao Xintong? :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
          Zhou Yuelong or Zhao Xintong? :smile:
          Xintong, I can't keep up with these first names, they all sound the same!

Comment

Originally Posted by mick745 View Post
            Who will become the first World Champion born after 1990? Could it be one of the following.?

Oliver Lines
            Luca Brecel
            Yan Bingtao
            James Cahill
            Kyren Wilson
            Lyu Haotian
            Zhou Yuelong
            Michael White
            Anthony McGill
            Jack Lisowski

Anyone else?
            Who knows. There are some good chinese players coming. Like the forementioned Zhao Xintong or Zhou Yuelong. I don't think I've the former ever even seen playing, but the hype is huge. Can be good or bad.

Players like Kyren Wilson or Anthony McGill have a bit of an age advantage. These are the two that right now have progressed the most I think. But right now they still are behind the former generation and in a few years Zhao could be way better then them. Who knows?

Comment

kyren wilson i reckon

oh and thanks a lot for making me feel old

Comment

Takes a lot to be the next big thing - all kinds of stuff can go wrong.

Lots of people said Luka I said I liked Michael White and Jack Lisowski but life can get in the way a few good results can make you believe you made it when you have only scratched the surface. I was wrong with them picks dominating and I don't think any one player can anymore like Davis Hendry did but still they are great great players who will make a good living and still have time to improve.

Xingtong for me has got better technique than Ronnie and a great deal of natural ability - he stands out for me with his strong long potting skills his fast flash break building skills like Jack lisowski and Brecell used to.

I think it takes more than that though - players can suffer bad management and easy to get distracted away from home in a new country. I like Xingtong but think he is on the wrong path and lacking proper motivation currently - I would wake him up and make him focus or he just going to be another also ran - he needs more discipline to succeed but he could change and learn he is young Zhou Yuelong reminds me of the Chinese Ali Carter he works hard and will do well. I would and have currently gone for someone with a higher work ethic like Kyren Wilson who makes the most out of his game.

If I was to pick a player to take over from Ding it would be Interesting question - I think there is more to having great natural ability you need the work ethic a rock solid temperament and a focused mindset.

I think the likes of Selby Robertson Trump Murphy Ding will be dominant group for a decade yet Ronnie is fit and can go on for another 10 years easy

I been right before and I been wrong too if I was to have a wild punt I would currently go for a 16 year old kid called Yan Bingtao to make a breakthro next season or the one after - get your money down - heard it here first

Last edited by Byrom; 29 April 2016, 11:40 AM.

Comment

How old do you have to be before your not classed as up and coming? To me mid twenties is past up and coming , surely the greats were winning the big tourneys before their mid twenties? Not just the worlds but the majors and going deep in a lot of them,not picking up the odd win in a tourney most couldn't be bothered going to or those that did wanted out of as soon as possible, I think this skews results a bit nowadays.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    How old do you have to be before your not classed as up and coming? To me mid twenties is past up and coming , surely the greats were winning the big tourneys before their mid twenties? Not just the worlds but the majors and going deep in a lot of them,not picking up the odd win in a tourney most couldn't be bothered going to or those that did wanted out of as soon as possible, I think this skews results a bit nowadays.
                    Good question - some players get better in later years or don't take it seriously properly earlier - only in retirement. For example you are older than me nan but getting better all the time so - you still classed as up and coming pal

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                      Good question - some players get better in later years or don't take it seriously properly earlier - only in retirement. For example you are older than me nan but getting better all the time so - you still classed as up and coming pal
                      Hey! I resemble that remark.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

will Zhao Xintong be on the pro tour next season?

Comment

bingtao has got a two year ticket. I think he was too young to take up his place last year - could not get visa so he starting this year I think. If I am correct I think Xingtong was too young to take his place once too.

Both will do well on tour...

Last edited by Byrom; 29 April 2016, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                            yes he is he has got a two year ticket
                            can I ask where do you see this info?
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

A McGill or K Wilson for me - they both look outstanding and have great temperament. Might be another 10 years or so though!

Comment

Working...
                              X