Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    there are driers in boiled oil.
    So, is this good or bad? For the life of me, I can never remember which is best, boiled or raw?
    The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
      So, is this good or bad? For the life of me, I can never remember which is best, boiled or raw?
      lol - there are two sides to the argument - personally I prefer raw but in truth I have never noticed a difference when they are thinned down.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

MW oil for me.
        playing with a rack cue from club. Tok the varnish off with Sum Wire Wool 0000 Ultra fine. finished it with MW Oil . Great result.

Comment

Since I use maple snooker cue, I don't usually apply anything to it. Not really needed. However, I did occasionally use some products which are meant for 9ball cues. Some would say that it is just mass produced very cheap stuff, but it does get the job done.

Comment

Trevor White said you don't need oil , just clean the cue ........That was good enough for me , chucked the Aurora oil and all the others in the bin .........It's hard enough working out what tip to use let alone mucking around with different oils
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              lol - there are two sides to the argument - personally I prefer raw but in truth I have never noticed a difference when they are thinned down.
              You must know that I have to ask- thinned down with what?

Thanks Andrew
              The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
                You must know that I have to ask- thinned down with what?

Thanks Andrew
                thinners of your choice. turps etc.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I have a spray bottle of O'Cedar furniture oil that i use occasionally.
                  Works fine. Squirt it on, light wipe over, leave for a few mins then buff firmly. Lovely glossy finish that's not grabby. Smells nice too

Comment

Originally Posted by wideride96 View Post
                    Always been a Boiled Linseed Oil guy but changed to natural Orange Oil and love it!

Just having a read of this thread, is it stuff like this you would use... like orange oil thats for health benefits ???
                    http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sho...l-oil-60060193

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                      Just having a read of this thread, is it stuff like this you would use... like orange oil thats for health benefits ???
                      http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sho...l-oil-60060193
                      at least when you using your oiled cue at the table you will have the benefit of "...a calming effect on the body and aid feelings of peace and happiness."
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        at least when you using your oiled cue at the table you will have the benefit of "...a calming effect on the body and aid feelings of peace and happiness."
                        Hahaha, I know, sounds good for when having a bad session

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                          Hahaha, I know, sounds good for when having a bad session
                          .......inner peace, inner peace, inner peace......

Comment

Originally Posted by wayne View Post
                            I have a spray bottle of O'Cedar furniture oil that i use occasionally.
                            Works fine. Squirt it on, light wipe over, leave for a few mins then buff firmly. Lovely glossy finish that's not grabby. Smells nice too
                            Is that essential.......

Sorry. Lol.
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                              .......inner peace, inner peace, inner peace......
                              Yeah brother - chant it, hum it, sing it............. inner peace

Comment

Working...
                              X