Allowing for side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by acesinc View Post
    I am with Jonny on this, looks like well controlled soft screw to me, as much as he can muster, no side required.

Itsnoteasy, check your inbox...I think its full and needs some space opened up.
    Sorry , made some space.
    Yep , its the soft screw that's the winner, you don't need side, when I couldn't do it I tried with all sorts on it and from different baulk line positions ,still couldn't get anywhere near it,It really is a tough shot.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• I'd say that if it were me playing I'd need to hit it thicker than normal as you will be striking centre ball with lots of right hand side. But because the red is close to the white, and you need apply a fair amount of side for the side to take effect once the white hits the cushion, the swerve you create by applying the right hand side, will push the cue ball off to the left. And the cue ball would not have stopped swerving before it got to the red due to closeness, hence why you aim slightly thicker than normal. Does this make sense?

Try swerving a shot with lots of side and see the white move out the opposite way before coming back on line. Try it with different distances from the red and different amounts of power and amounts of side, as already said, this will effect the level of throw or swerve.

But that shot is not really on from the position ie to come off the cushion with right hand side and take the black in opposite corner. This is because you have two much angle and the red is a half ball pot. So assuming the other reds don't go into the opposite corner to then take the black into the pocket you are trying the first red, I'd play the red you want to play first with a little bit of screw or stun with slight left hand side and come past the other red near the black to pot the black into same corner as the red. Preferably with screw since you need play with less side and can judge the point the white hits the cushion by the amount you cue into the white with the amount of screw applied too (which widens the angle). You could play it with no screw to come off the cushion just with side, but that's more difficult to judge and it's not how you play snooker. If you can modify the angle the white comes off the object ball by the point you strike the white up or down (ie with stun or screw) and how much you cue through the white, and with as little side as possible, do that every time, as allowing for throw or swerve with lots of side has so many variables it makes the shot very difficult to judge and as if potting balls on a snooker table is not difficult enough already!! Does this make sense too? The pot with lots of right hand side has less chance of success that the screw shot with little left hand side, and that's why you play my suggested shot.
      Last edited by Dynamics; 22 April 2017, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X