No announcement yet.

Coaching from Steve Feeney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think most of us are lazy with our shot routine, especially when we are playing well, we just take it for granted. Drilling it into every shot and then self analysing I'm making a pure guess would solve most of Omas problems because if I remember rightly he played pretty well any way.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

So I just had the coaching done today and I have to say it was well worth the money. Best coaching I've ever received and really did fix my technical issues. Sorted out everything from body position to sighting and alignment. The Sight Right method is really broken down to a science and you can tell Lee Walker and Stephen Feeney are very genuine guys with a lot of experience. Im definitely feeling much more confident after that whole day session... going to practice like crazy with the minor changes in my technique and hopefully fine tune my game for more consistency. Would definitely recommend to anyone with confidence issues in their sighting and technique.

Comment

Interesting Oma. What sort of things did they change? Head position over the cue, change of stance?

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
          Interesting Oma. What sort of things did they change? Head position over the cue, change of stance?
          Yea, they used the Sight Right line of aim board to ensure that my head and cue were directly on the line and emphasized that my feet position would be relative to where my cue is on the line. This was a drastic difference for me as I've always tried to play with my leading foot on the line. My body was also turned slightly causing my elbow to come in which has also been resolved now. They take various pictures of your position from different angles and ensure that you truly are on the correct line and show you various drills to maintain the new position and technique. A couple other pros / semi pros were at this session too so you can really see it starting to get around.

Comment

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
            Yea, they used the Sight Right line of aim board to ensure that my head and cue were directly on the line and emphasized that my feet position would be relative to where my cue is on the line. This was a drastic difference for me as I've always tried to play with my leading foot on the line. My body was also turned slightly causing my elbow to come in which has also been resolved now. They take various pictures of your position from different angles and ensure that you truly are on the correct line and show you various drills to maintain the new position and technique. A couple other pros / semi pros were at this session too so you can really see it starting to get around.
            Let it go first time...are you saying you're a pro?

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
              Let it go first time...are you saying you're a pro?
              huh? oh lol I can see how it could be read like that but I meant that a couple of the other people who attended the session were pros.

Comment

How much did the session cost?
                It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                  How much did the session cost?
                  145 pounds for the day 10-6pm

Comment

I'm glad you enjoyed it and if it's sorted out some technical issues it's well worth the money. Onwards and upwards for you now it's quite funny that you can get to pro standard and still not be happy with your game, gives the rest of us moaners some hope lol. What did the pros reckon of it, did they say anything?
                    Should say £145 for eight hours seems very reasonable.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      I'm glad you enjoyed it and if it's sorted out some technical issues it's well worth the money. Onwards and upwards for you now it's quite funny that you can get to pro standard and still not be happy with your game, gives the rest of us moaners some hope lol. What did the pros reckon of it, did they say anything?
                      Should say £145 for eight hours seems very reasonable.
                      Thanks and yea haha theyre actually the reason I went. A lot of them at the Academy told me good stuff about the place and since I'm only here for a few weeks I knew I had to go check it out for myself. But goes to show that everyone can use a coach no matter how good. Jackson Page was there and we all know how good that kid is, not much wrong with his technique at all.

Comment

Hasn't Stark stopped doing Coaching to look after Kyren? I doubt Terry Griffiths coaches numpties.

At the top level of any (OK most) sports\games technique is everything, along with the OCD to practice to ingrain it in the subconcious - for golf watchers how many times have you heard the phrase "trust the swing"?

On a personal level: I started playing in Jan this year (admittedly I had a 6x3 with quarter sized balls in the late 1970's and eraly 80's, so not a complete novice) and have got at least 1 50 in practice - I probably have a few more, but haven't been counting\scoring; and I think I have finally got a grip and cue action.

I have thought about coaching, but and it is a huge BUT: I would need someone who accepts that there are different ways to do stuff and\or coaches from first principles (I was diagnosed with Autism in March and learn stuff that way, which can be bad for a dogmatic\textbook type of bod).

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                        My advice would be to book some time with Nic Barrow, if you can get some time with him.
                        Any reason(s) that you suggest Nic?

Comment

Hi Oma. I know you've posted lots of videos before.

Any chance of a video of you doing the line-up with your new setup?
                          WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                          Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                            Hi Oma. I know you've posted lots of videos before.

Any chance of a video of you doing the line-up with your new setup?
                            hey, yea ill try and post one when I get back to the lair. The change still feels a little alien tbh so I'm just working on adapting to it.

Comment

Did you use the sight right cue at all? Just wondering if it's just a gimmick or not.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                                Did you use the sight right cue at all? Just wondering if it's just a gimmick or not.
                                I did and wasnt too big a fan tbh. Super useful for rest play alignment because you can actually see the line of aim contraption as you use the rest...but other than that I would probably save my money lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X