Coaching from Steve Feeney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
    hey, yea ill try and post one when I get back to the lair. The change still feels a little alien tbh so I'm just working on adapting to it.
    Nice one.

Yes any change will feel strange at first, so it's important you try and stick with it.
    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

145 pounds for the day 10-6pm
      Not bad at all
      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Good investment and review of it. 8 hours of focused practice.

Keep in mind for anyone who cant get to this type of coaching that there are other ways to self diagnose - so you could spend your 145 pounds on more useful things like Jack Daniels Chocolate and loose women.

Comment

So I just had the coaching done today and I have to say it was well worth the money. Best coaching I've ever received and really did fix my technical issues. Sorted out everything from body position to sighting and alignment. The Sight Right method is really broken down to a science and you can tell Lee Walker and Stephen Feeney are very genuine guys with a lot of experience. Im definitely feeling much more confident after that whole day session... going to practice like crazy with the minor changes in my technique and hopefully fine tune my game for more consistency. Would definitely recommend to anyone with confidence issues in their sighting and technique.
          interesting Oma you have had coaching with stephen feeney, iv'e always wanted to check it out because i feel some of my issues is alignment.
          i've been coached by Garry at the academy every couple of months however i still feel he hasn't solved this issue.
          i'll speak to you more about it on Wednesday when i see you at the Academy

Comment

One question I have always had with this is...

When you know the line is straight when using the SightRight cue, how do you know you are on the right line, when not using a SightRight cue? Is it a case of memory?
            Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
              One question I have always had with this is...

When you know the line is straight when using the SightRight cue, how do you know you are on the right line, when not using a SightRight cue? Is it a case of memory?
              From what I saw on youtube the cue is to make sure your head is tilted to the correct angle when you aim the shot, and it's a set and forget kind of thing

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                From what I saw on youtube the cue is to make sure your head is tilted to the correct angle when you aim the shot, and it's a set and forget kind of thing
                I saw a guy with a sight right cue the other which confused me somewhat.

The sight right lines were in the cue butt but so when you are set up you cannot see them or if you are sighting right?

I asked the guy how you use it and he didn't know so I'm somewhat confused, Clearly I am missing something obvious?
                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

The sight right lines were in the cue butt but so when you are set up you cannot see them or if you are sighting right?

I asked the guy how you use it and he didn't know so I'm somewhat confused, Clearly I am missing something obvious?
                  Works for some mate, not sure an old dog could learn new tricks from it. Wouldn't blame Bingo if he signed up to pay a few bills. See what you think watching this. https://youtu.be/3Jl8gyTR2hQ
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

From the standing position, you place the cue on the aiming line with the cue tip at the cue ball. I believe you are supposed to adjust where you stand in relation to the shot line, while standing until you see an unbroken line. I think Bingham stands slightly to the right of the shotline and Rory Mcloud stands centred. So the sightright cue seems to be largely about finding your initial standing position before dropping into your stance.

Comment

Originally Posted by Csmith View Post
                      From the standing position, you place the cue on the aiming line with the cue tip at the cue ball. I believe you are supposed to adjust where you stand in relation to the shot line, while standing until you see an unbroken line. I think Bingham stands slightly to the right of the shotline and Rory Mcloud stands centred. So the sightright cue seems to be largely about finding your initial standing position before dropping into your stance.
                      That's what I got out of it when Cliff had some demo cues here. The cues were not of very high quality, much like the Acuerate cues which Nic was flogging at one time. I had an early Acuerate which was pretty good but the later ones were firewood despite Hendry and a few other endorsers.
                      Terry Davidson
                      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I guess you'd have to go on the training to understand how you should alter stance if required?

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                          Works for some mate, not sure an old dog could learn new tricks from it. Wouldn't blame Bingo if he signed up to pay a few bills. See what you think watching this. https://youtu.be/3Jl8gyTR2hQ
                          Can't believe you called me an old dog.........

I've always struggled with the dominant eye thing and played with the cue toward my dominant eye. When things go horribly wrong I've sometimes put it straight under my chin and hey presto, the long balls fly in.

6 Months later when in a bad patch, I stick the cue back toward my right eye and the same thing happens..............go figure!

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                            That's what I got out of it when Cliff had some demo cues here. The cues were not of very high quality, much like the Acuerate cues which Nic was flogging at one time. I had an early Acuerate which was pretty good but the later ones were firewood despite Hendry and a few other endorsers.
                            I've heard that from a few sources about the quality of those cues. Best option for those who want to try self teaching is this,

https://www.pooldawg.com/riley-sightright-extension

Though it seems to be for an american pool cue. May work as a sighting aid for practice, but I can't imagine trying to play with my cue suddenly almost 4 inches longer.

But if someone is concerned about their vision centre and where they percieve a straight line, I think they can probably construct one of those boards their own.

Comment

I guess you'd have to go on the training to understand how you should alter stance if required?
                              I think you'd have to. Any kind of alignment thing probably shouldn't be undertaken on your own. I've tried and caused so many problems that I'm only now finding my game again (I hope) after a long time.

Comment

I think you'd have to. Any kind of alignment thing probably shouldn't be undertaken on your own. I've tried and caused so many problems that I'm only now finding my game again (I hope) after a long time.
                                Yeah you sound like me.

I've tried so much self correction I think I'm lost again.

Getting too old for the pain!

Comment

Working...
                                X