Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questi about black ball

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Londonlad147 View Post
    A lot of referees will ask the player who did wasn't asked to choose at the initial toss of a coin at the start of the match.
    usually something we don't see on TV or even at live events as this usually happens before they come out to the arena.
    I don't have much experience of non-pro events
    Up the TSF!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by MrRottweiler View Post
      Cheers for the info and it sounded like drawing straws but I've never seen a ref produce straws I like how the rulebook is still written in language that will have been penned decades ago and I hope the procedure to amend them are very strict to preserve it.
      I don't think the opening of s3.3 and 3.4 is likely to change in the new rule book. Current wording is:

      3. Mode of Play
      The players shall determine the order of play by lot or in any mutually agreed manner, the winner having the choice of which player plays first.

      4... (b) When both conditions in (a) above apply:
      (i) the Black is spotted;
      (ii) the players draw lots for choice of playing next;
      (iii) the next player plays from in-hand; and
      (iv) the next score or foul ends the frame.
      Duplicate of banned account deleted

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by DeanH View Post
        who to ask - not a rule as in it is not in the book
        whether the referees association have discussed this and have it in there guidelines I don't know
        but I have watched closely when a tie-break arises who the referee asks first and it appears to be the player who potted the last black
        now sometimes that player will gesture for the opponent to decide the toss of the coin...
        I bet they will pass in a tactical way and not because they fear the shot so if their opponent is missing long pots or not judging the pace of the table correctly they see is a possible win - win. The opponent goes first and leaves it on or lets you go first which you wanted anyway. Snooker bluffing.
        www.mixcloud.com/jfd

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by MrRottweiler View Post
          I bet they will pass in a tactical way and not because they fear the shot so if their opponent is missing long pots or not judging the pace of the table correctly they see is a possible win - win. The opponent goes first and leaves it on or lets you go first which you wanted anyway. Snooker bluffing.
          and there's the rub
          what to do, what to do?

          you let the opponent in how can pot long balls for s**t and promptly pots the black off the spot from the baulk by a thin cut!

          been there, seen it

          Up the TSF!

          Comment


          • #20
            A couple of questions related to it:

            -When is made the draw at starting of a match, because I never saw in TV? I guess the winner decides who start in odd frames, and the opponent starts in even frames. By the way, what does winner usually decide?

            -Who does he win more frames; they guy that starts or the opponent? (I have hesitations, because usually the first shot is a good safety, but sometimes let the other player with a choice to score (then more times the guy that starts has a slight advantage, but when he doesn´t have, the opponent has a huge advantage)

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by cesard View Post
              -When is made the draw at starting of a match, because I never saw in TV? I guess the winner decides who start in odd frames, and the opponent starts in even frames. By the way, what does winner usually decide?
              For TV matches this usually happens backstage when the referee has both players assembled just before coming out.
              Sometimes you will see the referee when he comes out indicate to the marker which player is playing first.
              The winner of the coin toss has the choice to go first or not. And of course going first is the odd frames and second the even frames.
              What the winner usually decides, I have no idea


              Originally posted by cesard View Post
              -Who does he win more frames; they guy that starts or the opponent? (I have hesitations, because usually the first shot is a good safety, but sometimes let the other player with a choice to score (then more times the guy that starts has a slight advantage, but when he doesn´t have, the opponent has a huge advantage)
              Not seen any stat for this question, anyone?
              Who usually wins the match, the first breaker or not?
              Up the TSF!

              Comment

              Working...
              X