No announcement yet.

best cue tips to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What sort of process is used on leather that will be used to make tips? Is it dried or veg tanned or....?
    Last edited by bobmikeking; 18 November 2019, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post

A hardness meter does not really work for tips because what we really mean is not about hardness it is about grip.
      Works well. It's indicative. Saves fitting a softer or harder tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by trying View Post

Works well. It's indicative. Saves fitting a softer or harder tip.
        Years ago I tried to put a number to every sort of tip but I felt the numbers were deceptive.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I struggle with this topic, can't help but think we (amateurs) get a bit hung up on the technology around the game in the hope they'll provide quick fixes rather than putting the hours in on the practice table.
          A lad at our club genuinely told me his game had improved dramatically since using Taom chalk, I just refuse to believe that.

I've had the same Elk on my one piece Butters cue for the last 18 months, it's kept it's shape and just requires a light brush with a bit of wire wool to help it hold chalk probably every couple months or so.
          I play matches on mondays, thursdays with the odd practice wednesday or saturday, so probably play maybe 40 frames a week at a guess unless I enter a comp on a sunday too.
          I thought about changing my tip about 3/4 months ago then went on a bit of a heavy scoring run so will wait now until the season ends in May I guess!
          "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by mike1234 View Post

Yes, and Ronnie also said that "*Most try different tips but then they always seem to come back to Elks"! And Jimmy White agreed with him, in that interview. Given that there will always be a small percent of pros using laminated tips or others.
            Ps. * Ronnie is talking about pros here, and not club players of course.

Anyone know what tip Mark Allen uses? Makes a "crisp, klinky" decent sound, considering he rarely hits the ball hard?
            And now it all makes sense, I just stumbled across these online:- https://www.sportsdirect.com/riley-r...edium=referral
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I must beat the rush to get these
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

they look used - by ROS?
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yes, they look crap, cost 7 X the amount of a standard Elkmaster. Nice one Ron! We all got bills to pay I guess....
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

any teeth marks?
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      any teeth marks?
                      Lolz nice one Dean
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                      X