X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by missneworleans View Post
    any clues???
    Hm...

Neil Robertson was close to doing it last season, but was ultimately unsuccessful.

Comment

• The more cues you give, the less ideas I have what it could be.
      I'm sure there are more knowledgable people than I am, though.

In the meantime, is there somewhere still a working link to the old globalcuesport site and its archive? The tournaments' and players' section is quite cropped on the new address. I've thought I might have a look at it.
      Robbo's potting is so good he doesn't need to bother with positional play like the rest of the players. He laughs in the face of those who spend hours on the practice table perfecting their cue ball control! ~ Forman
      2009 Grand Prix Fantasy Game winner

Comment

• hmmmm

They have all won a frame after their opponent has made a 70plus break???

Comment

• Originally Posted by circle View Post
          Nope I don't think all those made this and anyway Steve Davis must be added to this list and a few more
          2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
          2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

• back to back total clearences

Comment

• Originally Posted by circle View Post
              Originally Posted by flame View Post
              back to back total clearences
              Nope, that's not what I'm looking for...

Originally Posted by mushka View Post
              The more cues you give, the less ideas I have what it could be.
              I'm sure there are more knowledgable people than I am, though.
              It's quite simple, I'm sure someone will put it all together soon.

Another minor clue: If Neil Robertson had done it last season, he would have been the first player to do it in 8 years.

Comment

• last season you mean 08/09 season?

Comment

• Thats too diffucult!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by missneworleans View Post
                    last season you mean 08/09 season?
                    Yes, that's right.

Comment

• Is it something to do with semi finals and finals and masters and worlds?

Macmanus won masters but lost in world semis in same season. Parrott never won masters but then won world in same season. etc etc

Can you tell i am clutching at straws - am i on right path?
                      coaching is not just for the pros
                      www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by CoachGavin View Post
                        Is it something to do with semi finals and finals and masters and worlds?

Macmanus won masters but lost in world semis in same season. Parrott never won masters but then won world in same season. etc etc

Can you tell i am clutching at straws - am i on right path?
                        Not quite...

It's something the players have achieved at ranking events. Only two of them have done it at the WC, O'Sullivan and Stevens.

Comment

• well, i was tired and it was off the top of my head. Interesting quizes though.
                          coaching is not just for the pros
                          www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

• Shall we get this one answered before the Welsh Open?

Let's recap...
                            • Peter Ebdon, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Alan McManus, Ronnie O'Sullivan, John Parrott and Matthew Stevens are the only 7 players to have achieved a specific feat in the history of the game. What is it?
                            • Two players have done it twice in their career, Ebdon and McManus.
                            • It's something that was achieved in ranking events.
                            • Neil Robertson had an opportunity to achieve it in the 08/09 season, but was ultimately unsuccessful. Had Robertson done it, he would have been the first player to do it in 8 years.
                            • Two players have done it at the Crucible, O'Sullivan and Stevens.

And another hint: Alan McManus was the first player to do it. In fact, he did it in successive years, while Peter Ebdon did it two years apart.

If that doesn't help, I'll give you an obvious clue.

Comment

• Maybe Im too stupid but I have no idea what it can be

Comment

• Still nothing?

Ok, how about this...

It's about players doing something at a specific stage or round of a ranking event. There is only one player who managed to do it in a later round than those seven. It's Ali Carter.

Comment

Working...
                                X