Ssb - paul hunter classic kicks off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - paul hunter classic kicks off

The Paul Hunter Classic is a huge event that allows players the chance to compete in a snooker-mad country and honour one of their own.

From a huge field of 180, there will be 34 main tour professionals competing in Furth, Germany over the next four days.

They include world champion John Higgins, Shaun Murphy, Stephen Maguire, Mark Selby, Ryan Day, Joe Perry, Mark King, Jimmy White, Ken Doherty and Ricky Walden.

There are 45 four man groups so an extraordinary amount of snooker will be played before the knockout phase.

The audience attendance at this tournament puts some of the main tour events to shame. I hope all the German fans enjoy the four days.

There's coverage at global-snooker.com.

More...

Originally Posted by MySockPuppet View Post

The audience attendance at this tournament puts some of the main tour events to shame. I hope all the German fans enjoy the four days.

What kind of number are we talking about on average?
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

I´m not sure but i think around 900 (anyone correct me if I´m wrong) times 4 days. I think the legendary player´s party is the highlight of all
      ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

do you have any useful links/streams for this event?
        how fast is too fast?

Comment

http://www.global-snooker.com/Paul-H...ooker-2009.asp
          ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

I was wondering about the format for this, I mean how many players will contest the knock-out stage?
            sigpic
            http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

You can see the group stage here.
              I wonder whether the live scoring will work. Finals are to be added later.

ETA: And the shedule is here. Who knows, I might even answer what was actually asked.
              Last edited by mushka; 13 August 2009, 02:48 PM.
              Robbo's potting is so good he doesn't need to bother with positional play like the rest of the players. He laughs in the face of those who spend hours on the practice table perfecting their cue ball control! ~ Forman
              2009 Grand Prix Fantasy Game winner

Comment

Originally Posted by mushka View Post
                You can see the group stage here.
                I wonder whether the live scoring will work. Finals are to be added later.

ETA: And the shedule is here. Who knows, I might even answer what was actually asked.
                Thanks! It was rumored before there was a plan to make a stream from the main table - maybe from the knock-out stage? Still hope that it's true
                how fast is too fast?

Comment

it looks like the pros are getting through the group stages quite easily. I can see, there are two women playing. Do any of you know anything about them ?
                  ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                  "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

I would swear there has been a non-active member eva_poskocilova from Czech Republic, but I don't see her in the member list anymore. Anyway, the name was familiar to me from the czech site: e-snooker.cz.

It looks like both ladies are active in the SA Open tournament held in the Czech Republic.
                    You can see the draw and the eventual winner pair here. At the end of the article under the Pavouk turnaje. I'm sure more tournaments are played, though I don't whether there is a competition solely for the ladies, I don't follow it any closely.

During the European Championship 2009 Eva Mašková finished in the last 16 when she lost 1-3 to Candid Binon from Belgium.
                    Eva Poskočilová lost all her matches, though twice the score was 2-3.
                    Tournament details found here.

I am sure there would be more information on both ladies, but I am not the best person for providing them.
                    Last edited by mushka; 13 August 2009, 08:13 PM.
                    Robbo's potting is so good he doesn't need to bother with positional play like the rest of the players. He laughs in the face of those who spend hours on the practice table perfecting their cue ball control! ~ Forman

Comment

Rankings! (czech snooker)

Eva Mašková finished the last season ranked 14th and Eva Poskočilová 40th.
                      Eva Mašková is holding her own pretty good then! The next best ranked lady is Hana Kaslová at #38, unless my eyes are deceiving me.

I don't know how they have the handicap system done, though. In the article about SA Open posted above a handicap -25 is mentioned in regards to the eventual winners Jan Bröschel a Zaid Al-Tamimi.
                      However, that doesn't affect the rankings, does it?

Comment

Why do I even bother when noel then comes and steals the show?

Comment

Originally Posted by mushka View Post
                          Why do I even bother when noel then comes and steals the show?

mushkamushkamushkamushkamushkamushkamushka

Let's play "something".
                          If you win I delete my post... if I win you delete yours!

=o)

Noel

Comment

And who will be the sensible judge?

*desperately searches the member list*

Comment

ME!!! Okay mushka my friend... YOU WIN!
                              I deleted the original post for you!

Still friends?!?

=o)

Noel

Originally Posted by noel
                              *N*E*W*S*F*L*A*S*H*

Word from the "grapevine" has it that Eva Maskova may be playing Ricky Walden for more than just pride.
                              In true "Battle of the Sexes" fashion... if Ricky loses he will agree to pee foreverafter sitting down...
                              while Eva if she loses will always do it standing up.

[ Just an unsubstantiated rumour... please don't quote me on that... ]

So long from the WC in Furth, Germany...

=o)

Noel

Comment

Working...
                              X