No announcement yet.

Ssb - paul hunter classic kicks off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you do it, because you too couldn't find a sensible judge on TSF?

You're right, though. Lets not act like kids!!!
    It better be a post concerning a World Championship that triggeres such high stakes.

BTW, do not think I didn't notice the whole wolf sated and goat alive business.
    Robbo's potting is so good he doesn't need to bother with positional play like the rest of the players. He laughs in the face of those who spend hours on the practice table perfecting their cue ball control! ~ Forman
    2009 Grand Prix Fantasy Game winner

Comment

Good evening from Furth.

There will be full live coverage on Global snooker from Friday morning.
      Sorry I was travelling all day so couldn't do this afternoon's early matches.

There was a pretty big and very enthusiastic crowd tonight for the opening rounds of the speed snooker.

My hosts iinform me that the crowd will at least double from Friday through to Sunday... and I can see the huge set up ready for the final stages over the weekend.

Answer to the groups to ko is: 45 groups. top 2 go through... top 32 qualifiers seed into last 64 and the rest play through to play them...
      Janie Watkins
      On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
      All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

Originally Posted by globalsnooker View Post
        Good evening from Furth.

There will be full live coverage on Global snooker from Friday morning.
        Sorry I was travelling all day so couldn't do this afternoon's early matches.

There was a pretty big and very enthusiastic crowd tonight for the opening rounds of the speed snooker.

My hosts iinform me that the crowd will at least double from Friday through to Sunday... and I can see the huge set up ready for the final stages over the weekend.

Answer to the groups to ko is: 45 groups. top 2 go through... top 32 qualifiers seed into last 64 and the rest play through to play them...
        i know thats the way its done and all that but the group tables and matches is complicated to understand in that format.

Comment

Cheers Janie, that's cleared up what I was wondering.
          sigpic
          http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

I've just seen that Luca Brecel just beaten Joe Perry 3-0. I'd say that was a very good result for him

AND John Higgins just lost to Barry Pinches
            Last edited by very.tee; 15 August 2009, 03:14 PM.
            Winner of Ja's Super Special Grand Prix Lucky Dip 2009
            Joint-winner of montoya10/theasaris' Shanghai Masters Fantasy Game 2010

Comment

Lisowski lost 3-2 to Ken as well, promising.
              sigpic
              http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by very.tee View Post
                I've just seen that Luca Brecel just beaten Joe Perry 3-0. I'd say that was a very good result for him

AND John Higgins just lost to Barry Pinches
                Yeah, impressive result for Luca without a doubt. Thought he had quite a good chance of beating Perry but wasn't expecting a whitewash..
                "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Luca was a bit unlucky against Jimmy Michie this morning. Jimmy FLUKED the respotted black in frame 2 to go 2 up instead of 1-1

Jimmy White is playing brilliantly, barely gave Maguire a shot and dished with a ton to win 3-0.

Ken Doherty made a ton in his final frame to beat Jack Lisowski.
                  He's just made 90+ clearance to go 2-1 up on Daniel

WALES WALES WALES won the World Speed Cup last night, beating an English rabble in the final, having ousted the Dutch and the World Champions team, despite the best efforts of Jan Verhaas to assist the Dutch team!!

The Speed Cup is just fabulous entertainment. John Higgins on the World Champions team was rather disappointed to knock out the Scottish team!

Dominic gave us a rousing version of Calon Lan to get the Welsh cheering!

It was even funnier the night before when Shaun Murphy played a frame against member of audience who'd won the draw to play him and Dominic got the microphone and sang "I did it my way2 EXTREMELY loudly right through the frame!

It's been good to see a fair few UK fans travelling across to enjoy this event. It's a nice short break anyway in a beautiful part of North Bavaria and the snooker is great. The players are always available for photos, autographs, chat etc and the extra events like Speed Cup, Trick shots, Exhibition frames really are a good chance for the players to show their personalities.

It would be hard to believe if you only saw them in ranking events. I bet you've never seen Dave Harold doing an impersonation of Alex Higgins on some of his shots!
                  Janie Watkins

Comment

The speed cup sounds quite a laugh Janie! And Dominic singing twice - what a treat!

Meanwhile Mark Selby's loosing 2-0 to Rory Mcleod! So I've decided not to care anymore!
                    Winner of Ja's Super Special Grand Prix Lucky Dip 2009
                    Joint-winner of montoya10/theasaris' Shanghai Masters Fantasy Game 2010

Comment

Well, well ... Jimmy in the final and Rory giving Shaun some work to do to join him there
                      Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
                      http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

There's a gallery now on Global Snooker from the Speed Cup last night. It was virtually impossible to get pics of the players at the table cos they were just a blur!

But hopefully it conveys some of the fun.

and the Wind is in the final and playing really well. A fabulous clearance to the black to win after Joe had a good break to open.

Rory and Shaun locked at 2-2 and Rory leads 26-4 at the moment and there's still 10 reds on the table... Shaun's just got a red so maybe a chance now but need a good shot to develop the reds...
                        Janie Watkins

Comment

Monique I thought you'd be here this weekend... I was looking out for.

Have met a few forum members, most of whose nicknames I've forgotten again!!
                          Janie Watkins

Comment

Originally Posted by globalsnooker View Post
                            Monique I thought you'd be here this weekend... I was looking out for.

Have met a few forum members, most of whose nicknames I've forgotten again!!
                            No Janie ... I'm in Greece. As long as my youngest is still in school summer is the only time we can visit the family here ...
                            Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
                            http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Rory and Shaun still locked at 2-2?
                              Winner of the 2009 UK Championship Lucky Dip
                              Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest

Comment

Congratulations to Shaun Murphy. And Jimmy White in a final again even though he´s been playing better the last year, I hadn´t expected that once again.
                                ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                                "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
                                X