No announcement yet.

Ssb - cliff's sharp shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No issues between them, had a hug at the end of the match, I got the impression Higgins is resigned to his fate.

Thorburn tried to inject a bit of humour early doors but sadly Alex's voice was not really strong enough to respond. He certainly had, and enjoyed the adulation of the crowd but to perform like that must be torture for him.

Again, I have to praise Thorburn, he played hard, it would have been easy to open the balls or in some way patronise a virtually helpless opponent but he treated the situation wth the dignity, respect and professional courtesy of the great champion and ambassador he is.

Comment

I've always had alot of respect for Thorburn as a player and as a human being but after reading some of the comments about Cliff after his match with Alex the man has truly gone up in my estimations as a totally decent bloke.

"A touch of class" of class by Cliff..
      Last edited by spike; 1 November 2009, 06:32 PM.
      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by spike View Post
        I've always had alot of respect for Thorburn as a player and as a player but after reading some of the comments about Cliff after his match with Alex the man has truly gone up in my estimations as a totally decent bloke.

"A touch of class" of class by Cliff..
        I agree with you........i remember his speech when he beat Alex in the Worlds in 1980.........he showed alot of dignity & grace back then......asking the fans to along the lines of " stick with Alex who is the most exciting player in the game today......"

A true gent........

Comment

I was lucky enough to meet Cliff when he came to Vancouver a few years back to play at an event. We chatted, played a few frames, and I eventually gave him a ride home. He really is a great guy!
          Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
          My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Working...
          X