No announcement yet.

Ssb - exclusive: Hearn bids for wpbsa chairmanship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hearn or no hearn the board needs to go.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• I agree...
      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
        I agree...
        not any doubt in my mind on this front its at a stage now where anything is better than what we have.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          not any doubt in my mind on this front its at a stage now where anything is better than what we have.
          Yeah for sure...IMO the game and the players would be in (safe hands) with the likes of an astute business man like Hearn..
          "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by goldengirl View Post
            By the way - where & when is the meeting ? Just been on World Snooker site and no mention of it!
            It's 2 December but I don't know where. It was in London last year.
            Janie Watkins
            On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
            All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

• Not that it makes a blind bit of difference - as most players cannot have a say or vote!!
              In answer to "the legend" - everbody keeps banging on about the cost of having a 96 man Tour. Has anybody ever done a cost analysis on the 64 - 96 part of the MT? My understanding is they don't earn any prize money for forst 2 rounds is it? They pay their £2000 WSA membership each - Pontins don't charge much, so I believe, for the qualifiers - refs accommodation used to be free - so how much does it cost WSA for the extra 32 players.
              And in answer to another thread - I do not agree with Runner Up/Semi Finalists of World Amateur being nominated for wildcard. These competitions are not open to all players - you have to be selected for the team. I know a lot of people say The PIOS is difficult for some to attend but I still think i's the fairest means at the moment.
              Perhaps when World Snooker get their act together and build facilities such as Pontins in Europe and Asia - we could have regional PIOS's culminating in Finals.

Comment

• goldengirl:

The IBSF gives all member countries 2 spots for the annual World Championships. In most countries the players must qualify through their national championships so odds are the 2 best players in the country usually get to go.

I will agree that in some countries there might be some players who get to go through who they know rather than their skills, but for the most part I believe the qualifiers in each country are run fairly honestly.

In Canada, our national association only provides expense money for one player due to lack of funds and as an example in this year the top 4 players decided they didn't want to travel to India so the 1/4-finalist who lost to the winner was asked to go and he took the one spot. So even in Canada's case, we don't always send our best and in any case we only send one player instead of our allocated 2.

But, this would be a simple way to get a more international flavour in to the professional ranks as we did have a good mix in the quarters of the World Amateur Championships and I assume since Igor now plays in Germany he would probably have loved to be able to turn pro and try his luck in the qualifiers. He may not have qualified but I bet he sure would have learned a lot and improved his game plus he sounds like the kind of player the tour needs, very attacking

Terry
                Terry Davidson
                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• with respect to goldengirl i understand were all the players who are ranked around the 64 are coming from,there all great players who believe that given half a chance they can make a breakthrough,my point is that at the moment all these players are not earning any money,there not getting many opportunities.
                  to play in only 6 tournaments where if they have a good season they might only reach 1 venue puts a serious amount of pressure on their game.
                  I believe that if you only had 64 main tour players it would actualy help these lads because then there not beating each other up at pontins and if they get on the tour they can play with less pressure as at least there gonna be earning something.
                  experience is massive as a player and how often as it stands now does a lower ranked player get any at the major venues where they need it most.

Comment

Working...
                  X