Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get well soon Greame, but well played Mark

Comment

I watched the 1st session of that match yesterday and there was a young girl in the front row that it seemed had something stuck in her throat which was making her cough all the time. Dott brought his glass of water over to her which I thought was a lovely gesture..
      He didn't seem to be on his A game.

Comment

Mark played well in the first session and I'm glad he won but if Dott hadn't been ill I think it would've been a close match. Sadly it ended like this.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
          Here we go again.

I certainly do subscribe to the theory that you can't win tournaments by luck. Especially not a tournament with the kind of format the World Championship has. If Dott was lucky to win that tournament, who was unlucky not to win it then? As I remember, everyone else had at least one opponent whom they lost to.

Of course you could always argue that a player of Dott's ability, even when he's playing at his best, needs some of the other top players not to play at their best. But even when this happens, it's still not luck. How is it lucky that you get yourself up for a match and your opponent doesn't? Of all the players that were up for that tournament, Dott was the best.

And in the following season, he got to the SF of the UK Championship, losing to a very good Hendry, and convincingly won the China Open, trashing O'Sullivan in the process.

I wish him to get back to his best, as in his prime, he was better than at least three of the current top8 players, in my opinion.
          Let me guess.. Marco Fu, Ryan Day, Allister Carter? Am I correct?

Seriously, he was in his prime a good player with focus, which is why I think he won that title..And since his triumph, the tournament has gone to either Ronnie or John Which, for me, proves that they took a look at what the players were doing and raised their games and concentration level to supremacy..

Looking back at the end of the last year, I think he should be at least top 20, if not getting better to get ranked higher..
          All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
            Let me guess.. Marco Fu, Ryan Day, Allister Carter? Am I correct?
            Yes, those three are the ones I had in mind. Not many people think they shouldn't be there, which could not have been said of Dott. But they are all great players in their own right.

Comment

Working...
            X