Ssb - jungle jimmy gets wembley wildcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
    I don't know if anyone has suggested this already BUT what if its true about Ronnie O'Sullivan going into the celebrity BB house and Hearn knows this, then he can always give Ronnies place to Wenbo??

My guess is that Ronnie will play the Masters but stranger things have happened!

Oldgit
    Looks like Ronnie will be playing in The Masters, as there was an article in today's 'Metro News' with Ronnie commenting on how much he is looking forward to defending his title etc..
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
      Come on Jimmy fans........help me out here !

I surely can't be the only one thats pleased for him........

Come on guys he's one of the greats, any other players mentioned who could have got it will get there themsleves on merit anyway, so i still can't really see the problem with it.......it is a Wild Card afterall, with no set criteria it can be anything.......thats the idea of it..........
      I agree with you. I think it's great that jim has got the wildcard. The whole point is to get bums on seats and Jimmy will achieve this no problem.

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
        Come on Jimmy fans........help me out here !

I surely can't be the only one thats pleased for him........

Come on guys he's one of the greats, any other players mentioned who could have got it will get there themsleves on merit anyway, so i still can't really see the problem with it.......it is a Wild Card afterall, with no set criteria it can be anything.......thats the idea of it..........
        Of course you are not the only one whos glad Jimmy got the wildcard. I cant wait to see him playing at the Masters. And this discussion about Wenbo is one sidede IMO. The fact is Jimmy deserves this wildcard for everything he did for snooker. Wenbo will play at the Masters in the next years, this year is Jimmys time.
        "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

Originally Posted by attilahun View Post
          Of course you are not the only one whos glad Jimmy got the wildcard. I cant wait to see him playing at the Masters. And this discussion about Wenbo is one sidede IMO. The fact is Jimmy deserves this wildcard for everything he did for snooker. Wenbo will play at the Masters in the next years, this year is Jimmys time.
          Jimmy White got the wild card in 1998, 1999, 2001 and 2007, if I'm not mistaken. And he probably deserved them. The first three because he could add some competitive value to the tournament, and the last one for everything he did for snooker.

But he didn't deserve this one.

Comment

Along with staging the Bahrain Masters this has to be one of the most incomprehensible decisions made by WSA in recent times.

If pulling out old Jimmy White from his retirement home time and time again - yes he did get a wildcard purely on old merits three years ago - does put bums on seats, it's only because the game has for many years refused to look for the future and produce new TV stars. Just look at the BBC coverage and how they consistently dwell on past times.

It's a pathetic move and a truly horrific start from the new chairman Barry Hearn.

Comment

Originally Posted by hegeland View Post
              Along with staging the Bahrain Masters this has to be one of the most incomprehensible decisions made by WSA in recent times.

If pulling out old Jimmy White from his retirement home time and time again - yes he did get a wildcard purely on old merits three years ago - does put bums on seats, it's only because the game has for many years refused to look for the future and produce new TV stars. Just look at the BBC coverage and how they consistently dwell on past times.

It's a pathetic move and a truly horrific start from the new chairman Barry Hearn.
              im not sure if Barry was involved in the decition however the WSA should very fast understand thoes points you put over well.

we got to make young players loved by the public in the same way Jimmy is loved by the public...jimmy wasn't a character he was a shy young man during the 80s then he came out of his shell a bit in the 90s.

they got to try and utilize as big or small personality and talent of the next generation so by the time Ronnie retires there will be someone to step in to his boots like Jimmy did for Alex and Ronnie has done for Jimmy.

Comment

Originally Posted by hegeland View Post

agree with your last point its a horrific start for hearn

i thought bahrain was a great success
                Robbo Unbeatable in ranking finals 6 out of 6

COME ON ROBBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sumone has got an easy draw!

Comment

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
                    im not sure if Barry was involved in the decition however the WSA should very fast understand thoes points you put over well.

we got to make young players loved by the public in the same way Jimmy is loved by the public...jimmy wasn't a character he was a shy young man during the 80s then he came out of his shell a bit in the 90s.

they got to try and utilize as big or small personality and talent of the next generation so by the time Ronnie retires there will be someone to step in to his boots like Jimmy did for Alex and Ronnie has done for Jimmy.
                    Wild read the article on bbc sport. The new board were indeed involved in this, coming from Jimmy White's and Barry Hearn's own mouth.

Comment

A nice easy draw for King

Virtual bye: King will fancy his chances against the ailing White
                      sigpic
                      Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

Jimmy confirms it was hearns decision

Jimmy said this

"I'd like to thank the new Board [of the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association] for their decision.

thoughts on hearns first decison as chairman

Comment

Originally Posted by Case454 View Post
                          Wild read the article on bbc sport. The new board were indeed involved in this, coming from Jimmy White's and Barry Hearn's own mouth.
                          jesus christ what a fantastic start for hearn a massive cock up.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                            But he didn't deserve this one. ???
                            He re-put snooker on the radar of all the people [ anyone know what the viewership was? ] who watched him play Jungle Jimmy.

That's worth a ticket, wouldn't you say mate?

As I recall many members here predicted quite correctly, that because he'd miss the Qualifiers in order to be on the show
                            he'd probably be given the wildcard. I expect he was offered the wildcard before accepting the TV gig.

Fair deal I'd say.

=o)

Noel

Comment

Originally Posted by superaussie View Post
                              Jimmy said this

"I'd like to thank the new Board [of the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association] for their decision.

thoughts on hearns first decison as chairman
                              Their decision was just to confirm what he had been promised more than a month ago. Unless Jimmy has a powerfull crystal ball.
                              Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
                              http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Originally Posted by Monique View Post
                                Their decision was just to confirm what he had been promised more than a month ago. Unless Jimmy has a powerfull crystal ball.
                                well jimmy is saying the new board decided which means hearn and not walker

this suggests he was speculating in november
                                Last edited by superaussie; 17 December 2009, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X