No announcement yet.

Ssb - jungle jimmy gets wembley wildcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think its a good decision to have White in as a wild card.A perfect time infact, just after his time in the jungle.

Think of the atmosphere this will produce and hopefully injecting a bit of much needed excitement in the game.

Id much rather this than give another one of the machines a go (T1000 is the latest model?) , they will have plenty of opportunity in future events anyway.

Comment

• I hope jimmy has his practice boots on over xmas, because it aint a bad draw hes got.... King..then Maguire..then Day or Perry..then a possible semi final against Higgins..then a possible final with Ronnie, providing he isnt in that silly tv show. I think its possible, aint it great to be optimistic
      Blown away

Comment

• Well at least its got people talking. Likelehood is Jimmy won't win a match and we can all concentrate on the remaining players. Liang has plenty time left and more important tournaments to concentrate on. Jimmy is just trying to earn a crust I think. Shame.

Comment

• Originally Posted by CueBallKick View Post
          I think its a good decision to have White in as a wild card.A perfect time infact, just after his time in the jungle.

Think of the atmosphere this will produce and hopefully injecting a bit of much needed excitement in the game.

Id much rather this than give another one of the machines a go (T1000 is the latest model?) , they will have plenty of opportunity in future events anyway.
          I think the latest model theyre taking out in order to pot balls and keep bums off seats is the T147,000
          Blown away

Comment

• Wildcards are supposed to represent popularity. As such, this is the right decision.

If you were promoting a tournament you would want to pull in punters. Nobody else in the game will pull in more than White. A simple business decision and the correct one.

Comment

• if you was in business say the car business would you try and sell new cars at top of the range prices by showing bangers ??

that in effect is what this is.

Comment

• Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
                if you was in business say the car business would you try and sell new cars at top of the range prices by showing bangers ??

that in effect is what this is.
                Not really. Its like selling a brand name car that has a huge reputation over selling a car that general public probably had never heard of.

Wenbo playing wont capture the average viewer whereas Jimmy will. It makes perfect sense inviting Jimmy, anyone who thinks otherwise is pretty naive to state snooker is in.
                TSF World Champion 2010
                TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
                BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

• If I didn't want to go bust I'd sell the most popular model. If I took up selling Ferraris where I live I'd be out of business by the end of the week.

Comment

• its called advertising Wenbo might not be better known than white however given a wild card for the masters is one step along the rode to get well known but because old bangers are coming out of the garage the brand new model is getting rusty sitting in the corner of the garage.

Wenbo will be apearing at venues all over the country being seen at the masters might help his popularity.

jimmy white will be seen at pontins does that mean Chalets are going to get full up at pontins ?

Comment

its called advertising Wenbo might not be better known than white however given a wild card for the masters is one step along the rode to get well known but because old bangers are coming out of the garage the brand new model is getting rusty sitting in the corner of the garage.

Wenbo will be apearing at venues all over the country being seen at the masters might help his popularity.

jimmy white will be seen at pontins does that mean Chalets are going to get full up at pontins ?
                      How many floating fans would see Wenbo advertised and think "Oh I may get tickets for that." Now apply that for Jimmy.

Snooker can't gamble on Wenbo, it has to concentrate on what sells and if that means giving Jimmy the wildcard to increase interest/money then so be it. Tough luck if it isn't fair but you will have to get used to it when Hearn is involved.
                      TSF World Champion 2010

Comment

• thats a short term atetute that will get snooker nowhere...

get mike tyson out of retirement he might be old he might get killed but he will put bums on seat for now.

think future not past.

Comment

thats a short term atetute that will get snooker nowhere...

get mike tyson out of retirement he might be old he might get killed but he will put bums on seat for now.

think future not past.
                          how about giving mike tyson a masters wild card?

Comment

• Originally Posted by ja. View Post
                            how about giving mike tyson a masters wild card?
                            cant be worst than jimmy

Comment

thats a short term atetute that will get snooker nowhere...

think future not past.
                              If you don't think about the present then you have no future.
                              TSF World Champion 2010

Comment

• Ok, it may not be the most fair decision based on recent snooker performances but i'm in favour of it. Jimmy is one of the most popular players ever and the excitement this will bring ahead of the Masters will be far more than Liang getting it. The arena will be rammed packed and snooker will receive more publicity. If it was Liang V King, there probably would have been a handful of people there so having Jimmy play makes sense to me for all concerned. The BBC will also probably broadcast the full match live too with a far bigger audience due to the interest in Jimmy.

Comment

Working...
                                X