Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's all good PR for snooker

BUT

"I thought it was pathetic, unprofessional. It was disrespectful to the public who had paid to come and watch him play.

"Four thousand pounds is a lot of money to a lot of people. It was bad taste."

I have to say I thought this was absolutely spot on. Ronnie O'Sullivan doesn't care or think about anyone but Ronnie O'Sullivan. It's interesting how such an apparent egomaniac can get such massive fan support .
    Last edited by hegeland; 6 October 2010, 03:02 PM.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Murphy i have to say , but some of the comments on here are a bit strong .
      He comes across a bit smug and he did himself no favours with the fall out from his relationship . Fair play though , he can hit a snooker ball or two .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by cue1 View Post
        That would be taking it a tad too much. I'm sure, like the rest of us, there are certain individuals that he chooses to blank completely, either because they're too annoying or just not worthy enough
        Oh, but School of Gods says the entire world and its inhabitants are just a reflection of your dreams and thinking
        Weird, but still I'd like to believe that

Back on the topic, I don't remember a negative comment by Ronnie on Shaun, at least not on par with his comments on Selby or Robertson
        All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

so whats so disgraceful about my post then joao? At least i have a point and didnt just post to start a personal conflict! You are PATHETIC.

Comment

Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
            Oh, but School of Gods says the entire world and its inhabitants are just a reflection of your dreams and thinking
            Weird, but still I'd like to believe that

Back on the topic, I don't remember a negative comment by Ronnie on Shaun, at least not on par with his comments on Selby or Robertson
            Did he ever say anything negative about Robbo? If so, I don't recall it!
            Winner of C77's Masters Fantasy Game 2010
            Joint-winner of montoya10/theasaris' Shanghai Masters Fantasy Game 2010

Comment

Originally Posted by cue1 View Post
              Did he ever say anything negative about Robbo? If so, I don't recall it!
              I don't remember it well, either..

Maybe I made it up
              All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

On the side article it says the 8 players will be drawn into 2 groups of 4 and play each other once, I thought they were drawn straight into Quarter Finals?

Comment

What has happened with Murphy and Ronnie's antics, is put Snooker back in the public eye. However negative, it's also controversial and people love that.

For the record, what Murphy said is a little two faced, to say the least but i'm sure players in the past have given Murphy some crap for some of his antics before.

Ronnie, IMO, was out of order. Mainly due to moaning about 4 grand. You need to be very careful because like Murphy said, £4,000 is a life changing sum of money to a lot of people. However, maybe he just didn't think what he was doing at the time, hence a bit of a back track later on. He does get away with too much, though. So maybe Murphy's ranting was to bring it to the fore. However, Ronnie does seem to be growing up a bit. The only problem i have with him is pulling out of tournaments. You certainly don't want to take away his personality.

Comment

Murphy's record :

- complaining not being on the tv table at the GP (he lost)
                    - complaining about Ding walking out of the arena after a frame
                    - asking the ref to dock Maguire a frame, forgetting his chalk
                    - complaining about the table after being thrashed by Carter 13-4 WC 2008
                    ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

how does that compare with walking out because you are losing in the uk, failing a drugs test and asking a journalist to perform fellatio on you?
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Well put ADR!

Things need to be done about such behaviour. Even though I like watching Ronnie play, he does push the boat out a bit to often for my liking. Com'on, who would he have punished if he hadn't potted the black? Only the fans, as everyone else couldn't give a monkeys about it. As a paying fan at a sporting event such as this, I want to see the players giving their best at all times not just if the pay makes it worth while.

Another point is, people may bet on such things! Let's imagine some punter bets on a 147 at said Tournament. The bet is lets say 20,000 pounds that somebody gets a 147. The bookies take the bet on, and he's sitting at home watching ronnies escapades. Everything is going fine until Ronnie gets up and walks out leaving the final black on the table. If it was me, I'd go hunt the git down! LOL (But I don't bet)

Are you pro Ronnie fans saying that that is tolerable?

Any respectless behaviour should be dealt with in the highest possible terms. Against a fellow player, against a ref, against a fan, or the general public. I'm sure that it is not aloud to bring the game into disrepute anyway, which Ronnie loves doing. On the otherhand, it could be that he is a bit thick and doesn't think his actions through. I'll leave that up to you all to judge!

Brian.
                        Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

Proffesional sports people will have a code of conduct that sais they must give 100% all the time , to do otherwise is bringing any such sport into disrepute .

I love the way Ronnie plays the game and it is refreshing to have a loose cannon that differs from the robotic motionless player . I also have some sympath for him for the metal illness he suffers from , but now and again he does overstep the mark .

Comment

Even though I hate Smurf, even though he is not an example when it goes down to class act, I have to say he, on this story, said loud and clear what a lot of players thought. Probably the first time I agree with him.
                            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by beechy1212 View Post
                              What has happened with Murphy and Ronnie's antics, is put Snooker back in the public eye. However negative, it's also controversial and people love that.

y.
                              That about sums it up. Barry Hearn was around when snooker was in it's pomp ans a big part of that was the villian of the piece Steve Davis and the anti hero Higgins, Murphy and Ronnie will now fill these roles.

This is a great piece of publicity and putting an edge on every match in the publics eye will take their thoughts away from match fixing.

Comment

Working...
                              X