Ssb - o'sullivan to return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
    if stephen lee or shaun murphy pulled out safari with no elephant or hippo or rhino?
    LOL!

And if Ding pulled out, no giant panda, and if Ebdon pulled out, no two toed sloth, and........
    Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Great to hear rons making a return so soon but gutted he's not in the prem league..

Nevermind, lets just enjoy him when we do get to see him eh, he wont be around forever and the game won't be the same when he gone for good...

The king is dead long live the king and all that..... :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
        Great to hear rons making a return so soon but gutted he's not in the prem league..

Nevermind, lets just enjoy him when we do get to see him eh, he wont be around forever and the game won't be the same when he gone for good...

The king is dead long live the king and all that..... :snooker:
        Ronnie is, in my opinion, the most naturally gifted cue sports player I've ever seen, he just usually makes it look so easy and so sublime ... that's not to knock Steve Davis who, I think, pretty much invented the modern game or Stephen Hendry who took it to all new level ...

however, did I miss Ronnie? ... errr, no I didn't ... I would far much prefer seeing a good battle between two roughly equal players rather than watching Ronnie - who either turns up with his head together and slaughters his opponent or self-implodes ...

I find it strange that snooker fans only want to see Ronnie ... they are around 100 players on the WPBSA tour and they are really really trying their hardest ... Ronnie is very privileged earning many millions of pounds a year whilst many other tour players are just about making ends meet ...

however ... what I do really want to see ... and there must be some budding Stephen Spielbergs on TSF ... is a match between Ronnie and Walter Lindrum ... obviously, it never happened but it could do with some inventive CGI ...

talking about ultimate contests, I did watch and thoroughly enjoyed all 14hrs of the "Color of Money" (9ball) challenge between Earl Strickland and Efren Reyes ... absolutely amazing how tough these match players are ...

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
          Ronnie is, in my opinion, the most naturally gifted cue sports player I've ever seen, he just usually makes it look so easy and so sublime ... that's not to knock Steve Davis who, I think, pretty much invented the modern game or Stephen Hendry who took it to all new level ...

however, did I miss Ronnie? ... errr, no I didn't ... I would far much prefer seeing a good battle between two roughly equal players rather than watching Ronnie - who either turns up with his head together and slaughters his opponent or self-implodes ...

I find it strange that snooker fans only want to see Ronnie ... they are around 100 players on the WPBSA tour and they are really really trying their hardest ... Ronnie is very privileged earning many millions of pounds a year whilst many other tour players are just about making ends meet ...

however ... what I do really want to see ... and there must be some budding Stephen Spielbergs on TSF ... is a match between Ronnie and Walter Lindrum ... obviously, it never happened but it could do with some inventive CGI ...

talking about ultimate contests, I did watch and thoroughly enjoyed all 14hrs of the "Color of Money" (9ball) challenge between Earl Strickland and Efren Reyes ... absolutely amazing how tough these match players are ...
          There are exciting players on the tour, such as the trumpster and Robertson who will own snooker eventually, but folk love to see a genius at work, Messi, Federer, Woods, Ronnie. He lives in a stratosphere by himself. There is no equal, and folk know he won't play at this level forever, though he will be able to play very well into old age. Can't remember the thread but someone asked if a 50 yr old could win the WC in the modern game. I think ROS could do it, and perhaps he's the only one who could at the moment. Davis, Hendry, White all suffered as they got older (as we all do) but does ROS have the abundance of talent to defeat age and younger opponents?

What would you give to be able to see a match between Lindrum and Davis way back? That's how folk feel about being able to see ROS against anyone now. It's not Ronnie's fault that no-one out there can touch him. The only person who can defeat Ronnie, as you've pointed out, is Ronnie, and it's the only reason he hasn't scooped more titles than everyone else. We are watching, since the resumption of the WC in the 70s, the greatest player, and we may not be lucky enough to see his kind again, in our lifetime. A lot of people on here genuinely dislike ROS, and I cannot understand why. Perhaps because they're boring enough to support the alternative machines; they probably love Ebdon's gritty approach, and Hendry's life in the freezer! lol. I dislike some of the stuff ROS gets up to, but when he knocks in a 92 at the WC they way he did, I can easily forgive him. You don't know what you've got, until it's gone; watching someone this good is addictive, and one can't get enough.

How can you not miss Ronnie, if you love snooker in its purest, most beautiful form?
          Last edited by Particle Physics; 12 August 2012, 08:51 AM.
          Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
            Oh good... I've missed him discussing how he wants to retire every five minutes. However did I cope without it?
            I think Steve Peters has put an end to that kind of talk. Looks like ROS' chimp has finally been tamed.

Comment

Originally Posted by Particle Physics View Post
              How can you not miss Ronnie, if you love snooker in its purest, most beautiful form?
              Agreed. Who needs commentators when he's in full flow..

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                Totally. I still think it's on YT somewhere. Reyes is a legend. Never had much time for The Pearl's antics tho ( give him his due, he has bottle ).

Comment

Working...
                X