X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• collen
    replied
    Originally Posted by collen View Post
    Well i have read all about Judd trump great work I also love to play snooker with my friends sometime My favourite player is Ronnie O’Sullivan Wised i could also play at international level
    pool store

Leave a comment:

• collen
    replied
    Well i have read all about Judd trump great work I also love to play snooker with my friends sometime My favourite player is Ronnie O’Sullivan Wised i could also play at international level

Leave a comment:

• cueman
    replied
    Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
    And tell me, where will you go if it turns out he ain't quite as good as everyone thinks he is and slowly drops down the rankings?!
    I really won't need to. He may not dominate but people need to get around the fact that he is going to be a multiple tournament winner for the next decade or more, barring any health issues. By the time he is 29, Selby's achievements will look very poor in comparison to Judd's as he will have at least a dozen or more major ranking titles to his name and you can quote me on that!

Leave a comment:

• Giggity1984
    replied
    Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    And he will. There will be a few people on here who will slowly go back to their holes when Trump becomes the number 1 again soon playing a brand of snooker that Selby can only dream of. For the good of the game we need Trump to get back to winning ways and more importantly entertaining, something Selby could never do despite the stupid jester tag.
    And tell me, where will you go if it turns out he ain't quite as good as everyone thinks he is and slowly drops down the rankings?!

Leave a comment:

• cueman
    replied
    Originally Posted by armstm View Post
    trump is way better than selby and i look forward to him proving this in the coming months.
    And he will. There will be a few people on here who will slowly go back to their holes when Trump becomes the number 1 again soon playing a brand of snooker that Selby can only dream of. For the good of the game we need Trump to get back to winning ways and more importantly entertaining, something Selby could never do despite the stupid jester tag.

Leave a comment:

• Capelito
    replied
    Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    With the rankings updated so often its likely that until one player pulls away that the position will be going to and fro throughout the remainder of this season. However once next season starts and the two year list of points are deducted Selby will find himself quite a way behind Judd. Next season is when Judd will hold onto the number one spot, at the moment last years points are keeping Selby within distance. Your attempts at a wind up though aren't worthy of any ranking points!
    Don't think so. The points to be removed for the rest of this season are:
    Selby 21280
    Trump 18875

With Selby beeing 2100 p in front right now they are pretty equal. The points to be removed next season are:
    Selby 36480
    Trump 35620
    Just 800p diffrence. I wonder who is trying to wind up..

Leave a comment:

• armstm
    replied
    trump is way better than selby and i look forward to him proving this in the coming months.

Leave a comment:

• alabadi
    replied
    Originally Posted by ferret View Post
    Judd Trump, by beating Peter Ebdon 9-1 in the semi-finals of the International Championship in Chengdu today, has become snooker’s new world no.1, only the tenth player to hold this position since the world rankings were introduced in 1976.
    he was only keeping it warm, until Selby got it back

Alabbadi

Leave a comment:

• Giggity1984
    replied
    @dcrackers the level I play at is irrelevant. I have an opinion that Judd trump is overrated. I also have an opinion that the term "on their day" is a bit silly and is a fans excuse as pros can all be one visit players. I wasn't bashing you, I never said I knew better, I just took issue with you saying that everyone who can hold a cue knows that Judd is in the same ballpark as other players. Of course he's better then, say, me, but IMO he's not as good as the beeb hype him up to be.

Leave a comment:

• billabong
    replied
    Sorry, miss-understood .

Leave a comment:

• dcrackers147
    replied
    Originally Posted by billabong View Post
    but I didn't express a view . I asked a question .

I started by saying I was confused, and asked for help to resolve my confusion.

That was all, no big deal really . . .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I didnt mean "your" as you persoanlly, it was meant in generic terms hence the explanations around it.

Leave a comment:

• billabong
    replied
    Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
    I find it difficult personally to respect your views.
    but I didn't express a view . I asked a question .

I started by saying I was confused, and asked for help to resolve my confusion.

That was all, no big deal really . . .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave a comment:

• dcrackers147
    replied
    nope not what I am saying at all. However unless you know how they played that shot, how difficult it is to do this and that, how pressure makes the greatest of cueists twitch a ball, experience a great chance to win a important match yourself and how much harder it is than having a few frames with your mate. I find it difficult personally to respect your views. An example to back up my point on here. A 100 break player might give some helpful advice to someone asking for it, then someone else who will never make a ton as long as they have a hole in their ar*e pipes up, questions the advice and matey boy who posted will take it. Live situation at the snooker club the 100 breaker might help this guy out, the forum know it all who cant pot 2 balls wouldnt even be apporached as he is no better at the game than they guy who needs the help.
    I know people will now say "what about coaches they arent great players" which is fair enough they have studied the game and gained qualifications to teach. I will say a good coach is few and far between though and i am not going to name names but plenty have doen more harm than good.

Leave a comment:

• billabong
    replied
    Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
    I love some of you on these forums, if half of you were ever at any comps you could do alot of debating because you would more than likely be out first round. You all have opinions on the games greats like O'Sullivan, Trump etc yet cannot play the game yourselves.
    I'm more confused now.

I'm not good at snooker, but I enjoy watching it.

I thought the whole idea of snooker competitions was for players who wanted to, to play each other.

Forums on the other hand , as far as I'm aware, are a good medium for ALL members of the general public,

to debate things. Are you saying that a forum isn't the place for debating ?

Should only good players be allowed to debate ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave a comment:

• dcrackers147
    replied
    Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I think it's a reason for a fan of a particular player to give for them losing, rather then looking at how poor they may have played. For example, Judd crashes out of the 1st round of the UK? Oh, it just wasn't his day!
    no there are certain players who can play shots that the others can't have an unbelievable part of their game a unique talent Judd is one of them. I love some of you on these forums, if half of you were ever at any comps you could do alot of debating because you would more than likely be out first round. You all have opinions on the games greats like O'Sullivan, Trump etc yet cannot play the game yourselves. It was my dream to turn pro from a young age, I didnt make the grade as anyone who has tried knows how hard it is. I Got fed up travelling the country and losing matches it was all becoming a costly affair of dissapointement.The reason I appreciate players like O'sullivan Trump etc is because they play the same way I always treid to play, which is attacking fluent, high scoring (obviously I never had a fraction of their talent) however nothing like the buzz of a century in a match or playing some exhibition shots once the frame was won.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X