Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the tables have been poor this week
    Robbo Unbeatable in ranking finals 6 out of 6

COME ON ROBBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The conditions haven't always been optimal before. And what should be remembered is that conditions are always the same for both players. It's all about to being able to adapt. It's interesting that those who are playing very well (Williams, Higgins, Selby) don't seem too bothered.

Obviously Ebdon doesn't want formats to be shortened (I don't love it either) and he's using every possible "argument" to make his point. There have been kicks but has the amount been unusual? I don't think so. Also the lack of MSI bothers him. Well, there are players who say the opposite that having an MSI distracts them... Who's to say what's the right way to operate?

Comment

Originally Posted by Looki View Post
        The conditions haven't always been optimal before. And what should be remembered is that conditions are always the same for both players. It's all about to being able to adapt. It's interesting that those who are playing very well (Williams, Higgins, Selby) don't seem too bothered.

Obviously Ebdon doesn't want formats to be shortened (I don't love it either) and he's using every possible "argument" to make his point. There have been kicks but has the amount been unusual? I don't think so. Also the lack of MSI bothers him. Well, there are players who say the opposite that having an MSI distracts them... Who's to say what's the right way to operate?
        Not only the ones that have been playing well, but also the ones that haven't done so great, haven't complained. I've seen most if not all post match interviews & none seemed to complain, on the contrary, they like the variation :snooker:

There are more & more tournaments with different formats and those are professional snooker players, it's their job to adapt to any format & condition. I don't suppose any of us could or should ask for a tailor-made job!!!

On a side note, one thing I've always liked & respected about Ronnie O'Sullivan is that he never blamed the tables or the playing conditions for his poor performance!
        Winner of C77's Masters Fantasy Game 2010
        Joint-winner of montoya10/theasaris' Shanghai Masters Fantasy Game 2010

Comment

robbo an dott said conditions were crap

why would dott moan when he won

Robbo Unbeatable in ranking finals 6 out of 6

COME ON ROBBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think it's a cheak to complain. The players leave the arena after nearly every frame these days anyway so it's not like they don't get away from the arena. Players like Ebdon are also experienced in playing long final sessions in the big tournaments and you don't see him asking the ref to brush the table then do you?
            Last edited by Welshsteve; 18 February 2011, 01:18 PM.
            Cheers
            Steve

Comment

That is the key word here "adapt". As much as I respect Ebdon's thoughts and opinions on the subject and indeed he does make some valid points, has to accept it and get on with it. I for one at first was sceptical of the change of format at first, but I am warming to the idea of certain tournaments having their (own identity) in relation to the changes made to the format etc..
              "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

I might be unfair but I can't help to think that Ebdon's complains have more to do with him opposing every Barry Hearn initiative rather than anything else.
                Just an opinion of course.
                Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
                http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Originally Posted by Monique View Post
                  I might be unfair but I can't help to think that Ebdon's complains have more to do with him opposing every Barry Hearn initiative rather than anything else.
                  Just an opinion of course.
                  You hit the nail on the head there. Peter has been against Barry Hearn from day one
                  Cheers
                  Steve

Comment

Originally Posted by Welshsteve View Post
                    You hit the nail on the head there. Peter has been against Barry Hearn from day one
                    I wonder why when there are enough opportunities for all the players to make more money than they did before, especially for a player like him on the back end of his career
                    Or is he just too scared of falling out of the top 16 and too lazy to play in the qualifiers?
                    Winner of C77's Masters Fantasy Game 2010
                    Joint-winner of montoya10/theasaris' Shanghai Masters Fantasy Game 2010

Comment

If he wanted a break he could have just fallen on the floor and taken a nap.

Comment

If this is another crusade against Hearn, why don't he just give up completly and let the youngsters come up and work hard to reach his career earnings (not sure that makes sense), he should be grateful as if Barry Hearn hadn't introduced the current ranking system, he would have had to qualify for this event & the cruicble;

In fairness he has a point about the tables, it's hardly been 'touch and feel', but they have been events with tables in worse condition, regardless of the format, I guess we'll have to wait till after the final to find out whether it has been a sucess or not, but i guess opioion will be split 60-40 :S

Comment

Didn't Ebdon playing all the PTC's? Aren't they best of 7 with no break?

Comment

Ebdon is correct - best-of-sevens's shouldn't be used in ranking events.

Not having an interval changes the psychology of the game. Normally, if you're two or three frames behind, you know the interval is coming and you have a chance to regroup or "recharge your batteries". In best-of-seven that's not possible. This means there'll be less comebacks, and therefore less drama.

When are these people going to realise that there's nothing wrong with the game, or the standard format - it's their own incompetence in promoting and marketing snooker that has (partially) caused it's decline.

Changing formats, shotclocks, snooker-for-yobs in Blackpool, entrance music... all these things are gimmicks, and a gimmick is only ever a very short-term solution to a lasting problem.

I fear for the game.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                              Peter has always been the Same! Unless hes Winning of Course.

He has been playing Tactics on his Opponents for years taking so Much Time Per Shot etc etc! Which he should have been Warned for at least as its Bad for the Game.
                              This post speaks the truth

Comment

Peter is one 100% right in asking for the table to be brushed, It only takes a few minuets, no longer than it takes some players to leave the playing area and go to the toilet. If I'm not mistaken Hendry got 3 bad contacts out of the last four shots he played. Peter is right insisting that this is a professional tourney and as such he is within his rights to expect the very best conditions. The argument that it’s the same for all players is not true either as some players like to float the ball in which leaves them open to more kicks where others like to hit the ball harder.
                                Last edited by cazmac1; 19 February 2011, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X