No announcement yet.

Tsb - o’sullivan doesn’t scare us anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair do's to you for taking the time to defend yourself but I still stand by what I say too. Maybe in future when asked about players you could have a little more respect for two of the best players ever and always will be regarded as. Its all well and good having self belief and confidence but if you get the wrong reputation it could cost you more in the long run. I mean if you get to face Ronnie or Hendry in a tournament they are going to be more up for it than normal and that will not bode well for you, regardless how good you think you can play. Lets be honest you have been made to look a little bit stupid cos whilst Ronnie goes on and wins the first PTC and playing fantastic stuff you go and lose to Joe Jogia 4-0 and I've beaten him in the past so maybe I should take my chances on these PTC events too. Difference is I know my place, and perhaps you should know yours too!

Comment

I´m a bit confused about this discussion. Daniel Wells said that the players aren´t scared of playing Hendry and O´Sullivan any longer. There was a tíme when they were expected to win every match they entered, and at that time they seemed to scare players. A few years ago a player like Carter looked beaten before first shot, and so it isn´t any longer. That doesn´t change that they are two of the best ever players, but the magic has gone a bit for O´Sullivan and much for Hendry, and as I read it, that´s what is beeing said.
      ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
      "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by wellsy147 View Post
        Thanks cueman... but just to put the record straight i never said anything like what was put out on the interview my words were took completely out of context! The interview makes me look like an arrogant idiot which i am definately not!... may be an idiot but definately not arrogant!!!
        arrogant is cool all great champions has that air of arrogant....personally i saw nothing really to defend you there to beat the crap out of every player you hardly going to say im **** scared of Ronnie.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
          Maybe in future when asked about players you could have a little more respect for two of the best players ever and always will be regarded as.
          Any chance you could quote the disrespectful part of the interview? Read it twice and I have no idea what you're on about. The bit about Ronnie not being invincible is......factual. Ronnie's ranking suffered drastically by skipping PTC events, as did his form. Again, simply accurate assessment from Wells. He said Ronnie wouldn't want to start qualifying, and I don't think anyone could possibly disagree with that. He mentioned Hendry's stance on retirement if he had to play in the qualifiers, which Hendry has stated himself numerous times.

You're being awfully critical here of a player that is higher in the pecking order than yourself...because you think he was being critical of players higher in the pecking order than himself. While I can't really find anything wrong with his interview, you've described him as a "wannabe" that will be quickly forgotten, and as being made to look stupid. He described Ronnie as "brilliant" and no doubt has huge respect for Hendry as well, but to act and talk like they're unbeatable would be ridiculous. If he actually said that Ronnie "doesn't scare anybody anymore" then I would disagree with him, but I don't actually see a direct quote for this - just a handful of statements that anyone following the game would most likely agree with.

Comment

i think we should just move on and forget all this talk. Maybe the interview and the quotes have been taken out of context. I don't see the point in arguing on the internet, its childish and not something i want to get down to.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
              Any chance you could quote the disrespectful part of the interview? Read it twice and I have no idea what you're on about. The bit about Ronnie not being invincible is......factual. Ronnie's ranking suffered drastically by skipping PTC events, as did his form. Again, simply accurate assessment from Wells. He said Ronnie wouldn't want to start qualifying, and I don't think anyone could possibly disagree with that. He mentioned Hendry's stance on retirement if he had to play in the qualifiers, which Hendry has stated himself numerous times.

You're being awfully critical here of a player that is higher in the pecking order than yourself...because you think he was being critical of players higher in the pecking order than himself. While I can't really find anything wrong with his interview, you've described him as a "wannabe" that will be quickly forgotten, and as being made to look stupid. He described Ronnie as "brilliant" and no doubt has huge respect for Hendry as well, but to act and talk like they're unbeatable would be ridiculous. If he actually said that Ronnie "doesn't scare anybody anymore" then I would disagree with him, but I don't actually see a direct quote for this - just a handful of statements that anyone following the game would most likely agree with.
              Thanks Nugget, you have said what i was trying to get across perfectly. There is not one quote to say that i said that no-one is afraid of Ronnie or Hendry because that is definately not true! To be honest i am not happy at all with that interview because the only thing he quoted was me saying that hes brilliant and if you notice there is not one quote to say nobody is afraid of him anymore! Cueman you seem to be causing the argument and not me i just seen what everybody was saying and had to put the record straight! The two of them are without doubt two of my idols so there is no way i would ever be disrespectful to either of them.

Comment

If nothing else, I will surely keep an eye on any future matches.
                Cheers, and good luck,
                I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

I don't think ronnies game wood scare a crow in a field at the moment, but if you went in to a match with ronnie with anything then 100% respect for him you would soon find yourself on the wrong end of a white wash. Ronnie C game is still better than all but the top five in the world and when he's in the mood he is still the best player on the circuit.

Comment

Exactly, his past form should earn peoples respect no matter how he's been playing recently. It's doesn't take much for his A game to suddenly appear.

Comment

Working...
                    X