Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSB - Ronnie withdraws from International Championships just months after sabbatical

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Non ranking by definition means "has nothing to do with the ranking list" minor ranking and full ranking events score you ranking points how stupid do you have to be not to understand the difference
    Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

    Comment


    • #47
      lets put a stop to it and vote on it http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...Cs-Non-Ranking
      Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
        Non ranking by definition means "has nothing to do with the ranking list" minor ranking and full ranking events score you ranking points how stupid do you have to be not to understand the difference
        you can have a separate set of events which carry ranking points but do not have ranking event status. both world snooker and bbc say this (which is just all too evident if you read all the worldsnooker and bbc links i've pasted) - how intelligent are you NOT to be able to comprehend this simple fact after reading it from the official world snooker website and the premier official media outlet for world snooker.

        and no, your very intelligent idea about a democratic vote won't change the official world snooker definition - the only thing it would prove is that there are others out there who think like you - and that's probably not a great thing.

        http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...muslim/254380/

        finally, because firstly you are rude and secondly because you are too intelligent for me - i'm just going to mute you - so don't bother coming back with any nonsense.
        Last edited by arbitrage; 30th October 2012, 06:57 PM.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by arbitrage View Post
          http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/Pla...234591,00.html

          oh yeah? under judd trump, it says 2 ranking titles

          "Ranking titles: Two - Bank of Beijing China Open 2011, williamhill.com UK Championship 2011"
          any mention of ptcs there (and i believe he has won 3 or more before)

          no. so, world snooker the official snooker authority has made a mistake too?

          give me a break and go consume some fish oil - it might help with cognitive deficiencies

          and unless you have concrete evidence to the contrary, don't bother with your wink smileys and snark replies (they aren't very good at winding people up either fyi)
          Hi, bud.

          http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/Pla...234518,00.html

          Best Ranking Performance Quarter-finals - UK Championship 1999, LG Cup 2003, Grand Prix 2005, Welsh Open 2006. Winner of EPTC6 in 2010 and PTC10 in 2011

          Must be a mistake from a world snooker official I'll check it from the BBC.

          Comment


          • #50
            im going to have a think on it and decide whether im going to delete my acoount in a few hours im clearly too special needsy for this site
            Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by arbitrage View Post
              http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/Pla...234591,00.html

              oh yeah? under judd trump, it says 2 ranking titles

              "Ranking titles: Two - Bank of Beijing China Open 2011, williamhill.com UK Championship 2011"
              any mention of ptcs there (and i believe he has won 3 or more before)
              Yes, what's your point? As I said earlier, the term "ranking event" in snooker has become established for the type of event that has had ranking status over the years, mainly best-of-9 events, along with the UK and the World Championship. So when talking about how many ranking events Judd Trump has won, that's the type of event we mean. It never used to be the problem in the past, because no other type of event carried any ranking points.

              What I asked you was where the PTCs were specifically listed as "non-ranking" on the website, and I assume you couldn't find any examples, since you posted that random profile of Trump.

              Originally posted by arbitrage View Post
              no. so, world snooker the official snooker authority has made a mistake too?
              Nope, I haven't seen any mistakes of this kind from them recently.

              Originally posted by arbitrage View Post
              and unless you have concrete evidence to the contrary, don't bother with your wink smileys and snark replies (they aren't very good at winding people up either fyi)
              LOL, this is the first time in five years anyone has complained about the type of smileys I use in my posts. I never thought they did wind anyone up, and I've certainly never used them with that in mind, but I guess they must really bother you if you had to bring them up.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Odrl View Post
                Yes, what's your point? As I said earlier, the term "ranking event" in snooker has become established for the type of event that has had ranking status over the years, mainly best-of-9 events, along with the UK and the World Championship. So when talking about how many ranking events Judd Trump has won, that's the type of event we mean. It never used to be the problem in the past, because no other type of event carried any ranking points.

                What I asked you was where the PTCs were specifically listed as "non-ranking" on the website, and I assume you couldn't find any examples, since you posted that random profile of Trump.



                Nope, I haven't seen any mistakes of this kind from them recently.



                LOL, this is the first time in five years anyone has complained about the type of smileys I use in my posts. I never thought they did wind anyone up, and I've certainly never used them with that in mind, but I guess they must really bother you if you had to bring them up.
                I have already provided the link "Ranking Events" in the World Snooker website. Show me where under "Ranking Events" it lists PTCs.

                Just change your name to the Grand Troll of Snooker - and as with LittleAlexa - no need to reply - you are far too intelligent for me to converse with you.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by arbitrage View Post
                  I have already provided the link "Ranking Events" in the World Snooker website. Show me where under "Ranking Events" it lists PTCs.
                  Well, I'm certainly not going to defend a position I don't actually support. I've already stated my opinion that the PTCs are listed correctly on the World Snooker website. I also don't see any need to repeat my opinion on whether PTCs are ranking events, because I don't really think that's in dispute here.

                  The issue was whether it was correct to refer to them as "non-ranking", and despite referencing the World Snooker website on several occasions, you could not find an example of where it does so.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Check Wiki, it refers to Ranking, Minor Ranking and Non Ranking which is one way of putting it.

                    Bottom line is, if it gets ranking points it cannot be Non Ranking.

                    Is it that important anyway as they'll not exist soon, except in lists like my unofficial world rankings.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Odrl View Post
                      Well, I'm certainly not going to defend a position I don't actually support. I've already stated my opinion that the PTCs are listed correctly on the World Snooker website. I also don't see any need to repeat my opinion on whether PTCs are ranking events, because I don't really think that's in dispute here.

                      The issue was whether it was correct to refer to them as "non-ranking", and despite referencing the World Snooker website on several occasions, you could not find an example of where it does so.
                      that is not the issue and nobody cares about your opinion - only evidence and facts. only a troll which you obviously are would opt to argue by omission rather than inclusion - the link lists tournaments under "Ranking Events" and i challenged you to find the PTCs there, which you obviously can't. end of story.

                      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/othe...ar/default.stm

                      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17720729

                      go write to the bbc and tell them it is YOUR OPINION that they have the classifications wrong - and see how much the world cares about your opinion - and please don't express your opinions by reply to me any more - i don't want to deal with uber intelligent people like you, ok?
                      Last edited by arbitrage; 31st October 2012, 10:54 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Could someone please clarify something for me?

                        What is this 'illness' that Ronnie O'Sullivan has?

                        Is it a physical illness, a mental illness, or something else altogether?

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Not sure he specified but I assumed it would be along the lines that his head isn't 'in the right place' or something like that. I suspect his doctor will recommend short trips to exhibitions with Jimmy or from Essex to Wembley for recuperation though. We call it CBA or 'can't be arsed'.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by arbitrage View Post
                            only a troll which you obviously are ..
                            pot. kettle. black.

                            Originally posted by arbitrage View Post
                            the link lists tournaments under "Ranking Events" and i challenged you to find the PTCs there, which you obviously can't. end of story.
                            Fallacy. If not A therefore B. Your argument is that because they're not listed as "Ranking Events" they must therefore be "non-ranking" events, this is fallacious as there are more than 2 categories of event. There are ranking events, PTCs, and several other types of event, most of which are commonly referred to as non-ranking events.

                            So, as you can see PTCs are neither ranking nor non-ranking events.

                            This is not evidence, as explained above (If not A therefore B), plus the term used is "world ranking event".

                            The 2nd link talks about "ranking titles" the key word is the 2nd, a PTC does not have a title attached so would never be included in that count.

                            In addition, under Mark S it says: "Also won Wuxi Classic, a non-ranking event, and one PTC." .. if they thought PTC's were non-ranking surely that would have read "Also won Wuxi Classic and one PTC (both non-ranking events)" or similar. This supports the view that PTCs are a category of their own.
                            "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                            - Linus Pauling

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by arbitrage View Post
                              that is not the issue
                              Yes it is. The discussion started when LittleMissAlexa questioned the description of PTCs as "non-ranking". You thought the description was correct and referred several times to the World Snooker website even though it doesn't support your opinion.

                              The tournament tab on the website doesn't split tournaments into "ranking" and "non-ranking", it splits them into "ranking", "PTCs" and "invitation" (and qualifiers), which is in my opinion a good way of handling the various types of events on the calendar and avoiding any confusion. If they did only have the two sections, they would obviously have to put the PTCs in one of them. But they don't, so why would you have me demonstrate that they do?

                              Originally posted by arbitrage View Post
                              and please don't express your opinions by reply to me any more - i don't want to deal with uber intelligent people like you, ok?
                              That would be convenient wouldn't it? If you are desperate to have the last word, I don't have a problem with that. But it's not going to happen with you misrepresenting my opinion and asking me not to reply.
                              Last edited by Odrl; 31st October 2012, 12:01 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Could this stuff not be discussed by P.M. ?

                                In my experience, the P.M. can be used to show THE PERSON YOU DISAGREE WITH what your opinion is, and

                                discuss back and forwards. Why does this have to be tossed back and forward on the main forum ?


                                After a few posts on the main forum, it should become aparent that no middle ground ( or even agreement of the others opinion ),
                                will be found, and you'd save a lot of time by agreeing to diss-agree.

                                I know we all have a right to post as we wish, but it does nothing for the forum as a whole.

                                It's getting like one of Ronnie Corbett's jokes, digressing from the original subject, but unlike Ronnie's jokes, never to return to the original punchline.

                                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X