No announcement yet.

The greatest match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump vs Higgins 2011 was dramatic. Ronnie vs selby 2009 also very dramatic. 2010 masters also dramatic but painful :@)
    Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

I always hada soft spot for the Davis vs O Sullivan Masters Final

Comment

Completely agree with the Davis vs O'Sullivan Masters final. Ronnie was 8-4 up and then Steve won 6 frames in a row to win, stealing the high break prize in the process. I can still remember jumping out of my seat when he finally won it. Incredible!

Comment

Higgins - Selby in 2009 WC was a great match as well. Selby flying in the start and John making a great comeback to end up in a decider.
          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Ronnie vs Hendry at the 2002 World Championship. That match truly made me understand how good Hendry was.

Comment

Shanghai masters final trump takes a 5-0 lead then higgins does a 147 and trump stretches it to 7-2 for it to end up in a decider higgins needs 2 snookers and ends up winning 10-9.what a match for drama right to the last ball. Brilliant stuff indeed.

Comment

Originally Posted by Alba_ View Post
                Shanghai masters final trump takes a 5-0 lead then higgins does a 147 and trump stretches it to 7-2 for it to end up in a decider higgins needs 2 snookers and ends up winning 10-9.what a match for drama right to the last ball. Brilliant stuff indeed.
                It was a great match, but I think you mixed something up there. Higgins never needed two snookers in the decider. Trump had the first chance and broke down, then Higgins knocked in a ridiculous long red and cleared up, if I remember correctly. :wink:

Comment

Yeah I'm mixing up the world final as i watched both matches on youtube the other day..both were great matches

Comment

Hendry knocking in a 147 in the deciding frame against Ronnie in the Liverpool Victoria Challenge Cup(that title maybe wrong) I mean how the F can somebody do that in a deciding frame of a tournament? It's insanely good
                    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

John Higgins v Ronnie O Sullivan Masters Final 2006 - ooops noticed I just contradicted myself

Last frame and match ever played at this great venue best clearance under pressure ever from the man who has made more impossible comebacks under pressure than any player I know. Here see for yourselves - class.

Last edited by Byrom; 12 December 2014, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                        Hendry knocking in a 147 in the deciding frame against Ronnie in the Liverpool Victoria Challenge Cup(that title maybe wrong) I mean how the F can somebody do that in a deciding frame of a tournament? It's insanely good
                        Yeah especially as ronnie just won like 6 frames in a row.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                          The 2006 Masters final between O'Sullivan and Higgins. Amazingly, the last ever major final between these two players, even though they have gone on to win six of the following seven World titles and have pretty much traded the title of the best player in the world between them for these last eight years.

That match really had everything... O'Sullivan took a 3-0 lead with two total clearances in a row. Higgins then won the next five frames, coming out on top in some of the best safety exchanges I've ever seen. The evening session was close throughout, Higgins leading 7-5 at one point and O'Sullivan coming back to lead 9-8. It had decider written all over it right from the start, and what a decider it was... I can still remember almost every shot Higgins played in that clearance, from the opening red to the middle which only just dropped, then the excellent cannon to develop red and pink, and of course the double on the last red with perfect position on the black. I think it was past 1am here, and I remember just walking around the house in the dark for about an hour after the match, reflecting on what I'd just seen. I've had a similar feeling after some of the other close finals over the years, but never quite like that... :smile:
                          I was going to suggest that one.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                            John Higgins v Ronnie O Sullivan Masters Final 2006 - ooops noticed I just contradicted myself

Last frame and match ever played at this great venue best clearance under pressure ever from the man who has made more impossible comebacks under pressure than any player I know. Here see for yourselves - class.

great minds -

Comment

Originally Posted by Alba_ View Post
                              Yeah especially as ronnie just won like 6 frames in a row.
                              Yeah amazing
                              It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Jimmy White v Kirk Stevens in the 1984 (?) Masters final, Alex v Jimmy in the WSC s/f in '82. Real old school shoot out snooker using super crystalates and a cloth with some nap on it and no safety apart from the break off

Comment

Working...
                                X