No announcement yet.

Virtual Pool 4 news.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody tried it yet? Is it worth the roughly 25€? Overall Gameplay feeling? Ball Physics?
    Can't wait for Multiplayer! Right now I'm stuck with PopGameBox, which is cute but not nearly as accurate as VP3 still is to this day

Comment

I have it, but haven't played much snooker yet.
      Ball physics are top notch. Some of the games (e.g. english billiards) need to have their rules corrected, but Celeris are very communicative and active to improve things in this direction.

As of now, I'd recommend it.

Comment

The physics of the new game are excellent and its by far and away the best pc game youll play.The snooker beats world championship snooker all ends up.
        Its got a few little fixes being worked on right now but i believe youll be amazed at the way this game holds up to any others youve played.

Comment

I agree, the physics are superb.

I love the 'undo' feature, meaning you can try a shot over and over again. The balls do what they are supposed to, the effects of side or 'English' as they call it, are accurate, and the overall feel of the game is excellent. You can make many changes in the settings with regards to camera angles, table difficulty and replays etc, so if you take the time to do this you get a lot out of it.

There are some minor quibbles, the snooker room has only one hideous background which I have turned off (but again, nice to be able to) and the sound of the cue tip hitting the cue ball sounds a bit muffled and unrealistic.

I own WSC 09 on X-Box and this is miles better - much less frustrating.

The biggest compliment I can give VP4 is that is helping my real game. Just by creating a scenario and repeating it over and over again with differing spins, power etc has really opened my eyes. In the real game you only get one go and it's easy to miss what actually happened and why. Because the 3D view replicates real life it is really helping me understand why I am struggling with certain shots and not others.

I'm glad I paid £20 to download it - I'm actually thinking of upgrading my PC to get it to run a bit smoother with better graphics. My poor old graphics card isn't up to much.

I wonder how many snooker players will miss this because it is called Virtual Pool?

Ignore the misleading title and download it (legally) I say.

Comment

I cant install on my laptop as well as the PC. Some lame DRM :-(

No online play :-(

Still excellent game BTW.

Comment

Great sharing...
              Thanks for sharing this...

Comment

Downloaded it last night after watching the demo..excellent game and well worth £20.

Comment

Hello again
                  Virtual Pool 4 online is almost upon us and a Public Beta phase will be starting soon.
                  Please check out my VP4 Online info page plus check out the Two newbies playing One Pocket video i uploaded to Youtube showing you the new Ten Footer table thats been introduced this time. http://www.9balldotcom.co.uk/vp4-online

Comment

Originally Posted by RedThunder View Post
                    I'd say bordering on less than zero chance.
                    Mac version is being worked on

Comment

Hi guys just to let you know that VP4 Online testing still goes on and also the bug fixing.
                      Ive got a Youtube channel if you want to check out some of the in game videos and also a quick guide to ladders and tourneys etc.
                      www.youtube.com/user/9balldotcom

Comment

Virtual pool 4 Online gets nearer day by day,there is a brightening glimmer appearing at the end of the tunnel so watch this space.
                        Remember there is no reason for anyone who likes pc Billiard,Pool and Snooker simulations not to try out Online when it goes live.
                        The Online game will be free to play,the premium services are for purchasing cues and shafts and jump cues,all of which have different physical characteristics.You will also need vp$ to enter events and ladder leagues and tournaments.If you try it and like it tell your friends and if you like what you see you will end up buying cues etc as the pool house cue will get the job done but you will soon find its not going to get you through the game .
                        You can read some more info on VP4 Online here http://www.9balldotcom.co.uk/vp4-online and also on the Official Cleleris site
                        http://vponline.celeris.com/vp4offprod You can try the demo of the offline version on here and also find more details about Online.

Ill be back soon with further updates when I got them for you.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/9n6HXUG.jpg

Comment

Hello guys
                            Just a quick mention that Steve Chaplin has announced that Virtual Pool 4 Online should be on Live Public Beta some time early January 2014.

Comment

Its me again.
                              Virtual Pool 4 Online Public Beta is very close now.There has been a few little niggling bugs to iron out, which is why its been delatayed a little again.
                              Steve chaplin CEO of celeris has published a Public Beta FAQ'S in preperation for Beta release and you can read all that info here
                              www.9balldotcom.co.uk

Hope to see you guys online very soon.

Comment

VP4 online cue list, order by deflection/price.

http://imgur.com/a/9E4r3

Comment

Working...
                                X