Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by sigsky View Post
    chunkystyler,

You must have been born knowing that. I sure can't find it in the documentation anywhere. I'll make a note of it.

Thanks
    All the keys are listed in settings -> keyboard mappings, including free ball nomination. About the Celeris forums, I remember having exactly the same problem with the registration a long time ago. Somehow I discovered some kind of work-around; do the registration -> you'll get told Celeris will send you some mail, which will never come -> go to the login page -> try to login -> click "I forgot my password" -> enter your Celeris forum nickname and e-mail addy -> TA-DAA, you'll get a working password for the forum.

Comment

Hello again sigsky.

I see you went for VP3, and you seem to be enjoying it. It obviously does have snooker, sorry for the misinformation there. I usually go for console based games rather than PC, but I'll have to give it a try, it looks good.

What's your highest break so far?
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Fluke,

Thanks for the pointer. Now I know how to resign too which wasn't in my other list either. I have to go through all the menus and see what else I missed because the help just takes you to the website which apparently is not current.

PatBlock,

I was very pleasantly surprised at how well the game plays considering how old it is. My computer is fairly new and fairly fast but I have no special graphics card and it still seems to work OK. If you are going to download it make sure you use the special code in this thread and you can get it for about $10 US. I like it enough that I bought a second copy for my laptop. My high run in Quick Games (only have played 4) is 34. My cue ball control is pretty bad but I'm working on it. I have spent most time in Career but I haven't figured out how to get to those statistics, if they even exist. I notice there are weekly snooker tournaments and I may try that eventually. I haven't signed up for gamespy or whatever it is.

Comment

Just downloaded it, and am going through the initial tutorial, looks great so far.

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

VP3 is the best I've seen. I was able to pull off a 147, with ball tracking, but I mostly took the shots myself instead of pressing the space bar (which would play the shot exactly as shown on the tracking lines, used that twice for some crazy cross-doubles). And believe me, even with tracking lines its not easy at all, when you take the shots yourself. Especially when you use side. I often miss these balls, even though the line went directly into the pocket.
            Can be just as frustrating as in the real world.

Comment

I've been playing this.
              There are some saved games online, where the balls have been setup to do various snooker routines.
              VERY good. Especially since I don't seem to get the same shots in RL lol.

I love it.
              Long days and pleasant nights.

Comment

Working...
              X