No announcement yet.

What was the best WSC version ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

picked up the 2005 version for my laptop in charity shop yesterday The table plays so much better you cant pot any shot and love it how the shot changes from hand on table to rest and the line up bar gets shorter as well...its not easy i do have to say trying to judge where the cue ball going to finish but has some above has said its a great game. only been playing a day...please tell me no one has got a 147 on that game...im struggling to get to 30..??

Comment

Originally Posted by Yeltzman View Post
      picked up the 2005 version for my laptop in charity shop yesterday The table plays so much better you cant pot any shot and love it how the shot changes from hand on table to rest and the line up bar gets shorter as well...its not easy i do have to say trying to judge where the cue ball going to finish but has some above has said its a great game. only been playing a day...please tell me no one has got a 147 on that game...im struggling to get to 30..??
      some people have I think but not easily I personally haven't though I have made a couple of century breasks but as you asid it can be triucky but once you've got the pace of the tasble after a while it does become easier

Comment

Originally Posted by Yeltzman View Post
        Yup, back in the day probably made about 4-5 in total (on hardest aiming arrows). I still have my PS2 under my TV for this one game

Comment

Originally Posted by sjsharp2008 View Post
          some people have I think but not easily I personally haven't though I have made a couple of century breasks but as you asid it can be triucky but once you've got the pace of the tasble after a while it does become easier
          I fluffed a pink on a 147 on '05. Only bloody time I ever got close on that version. Absolute class. Was a real challenge, and the AI players were really vindictive. If you didn't got into an O'Sullivan match with nothing but break building on your mind, you'd be slaughtered.

Fantastic version.

Comment

yeah I think I've beaten most of the players at least once on that game I found the best way for me to beat Ronnie was to pl;ay tactically and make him do all the hard work of openning the balls up and then I pot them in fact that's how I beat him on the first version to win on the first versdion of the game. bnut as you say it's a great game. The one thing I like about these games is that it makes me think as you never know what sort of situation you'll end up in

Comment

yeah I think I've beaten most of the players at least once on that game I found the best way for me to beat Ronnie was to pl;ay tactically and make him do all the hard work of openning the balls up and then I pot them in fact that's how I beat him on the first version to win on the first versdion of the game. bnut as you say it's a great game. The one thing I like about these games is that it makes me think as you never know what sort of situation you'll end up in
              Yep, something the positional aid destroyed totally. Being able to make a centry every time I get to the table takes away all the fun and makes it feel robotic. I used to love plannign my breaks, using the close camera on the reds to see if there was a chance of snicking one from the pack . . . great days.

Comment

got me a cheap mouse now to play 2005 on laptop....makes the game even better it is an outstanding game thanks all for the heads up on it....loving it up to 70 break now..loving this version

Comment

Originally Posted by mark771977 View Post
                  Yep, something the positional aid destroyed totally. Being able to make a centry every time I get to the table takes away all the fun and makes it feel robotic. I used to love plannign my breaks, using the close camera on the reds to see if there was a chance of snicking one from the pack . . . great days.
                  Idon't know about the positional aid ruining it ion fact it helps me at least on the PC version of 09 anyway and it isn't always accurate but it doesd help a bit you just need to know which path the white is taking to know whether it'll reach that target

Comment

I've only played 07 and 09 i think gameplay difficulty has to be 09.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ashassin666 View Post
                      I've only played 07 and 09 i think gameplay difficulty has to be 09.
                      you should try sdome of the earlier ones you may be supprised how good they aer compared to those 2

Comment

you should try sdome of the earlier ones you may be supprised how good they aer compared to those 2
                        cool might see if i can find any of the earlier versions. any recommendations?

Comment

Originally Posted by Ashassin666 View Post
                          cool might see if i can find any of the earlier versions. any recommendations?
                          2004 and the 2005 ones are considered the best in the series and I personally agree with that

Comment

2004 and the 2005 ones are considered the best in the series and I personally agree with that
                            I agree there too but I like good graphics so I tend to play the 09er. It would be great to release the 2011 version for PC cause the controls really su**. It takes like for ever to set the shot and the fine aiming is a joke. A controllerstick to aim a shot...like playing snooker with a broom..but hey, we saw that happen

Comment

yeah so do I the PC is in a better posiution to handle gasmes like snooker than the consoles because the controls can be adjusted wheras on the console versions I've noticed ther is no option to adjust controls and certainly on my PS3 they tend to crash rather a lot my PC dosen't tend to do that as much it runs fairly stasble and runs moer or less as I like it.

Comment

Are any of the wii versions any good, i often see one in cex and wonder if i should risk it, plus till thread made me look on amazon for prices i didn't know there is a ds so i'll give that a go as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X