• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
    Sounds like a solid job!
    U did build a snooker room didnt u?

Comment

• Well, sort of. Mine is actually a conversion of one of the barns attached to the side of my house. It is 8m x 7.5m so no shortage of space. (To give you some idea there is also a grand piano and a bar in there). I don't know how high the room is but I can stand the long tackle, assembled, on end in there.
      王可

Comment

• Look here for pictures:

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...based+holidays

That is before the piano went in there, though.
        王可

Comment

• Oh well, 10 days and I shall flying there, this time permanently.

It can't come a minute too soon.
          王可

Comment

• That's Effin awesome! :snooker:
            "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
            National Snooker Expo
            25-27 October 2019
            http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• One job, when I get there, is to sort out some decent photos. Phone snapshots are OK but I can do better.
              王可

Comment

• Well, I am here, for ever, now.

I think I might go and play some snooker..........
                王可

Comment

• Nice one Phil

may come out next year if that's ok

let the dust settle on this euro thing and leadership tussle going off at the moment

keep in touch

Geoff
                  GCL Billiards
                  [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

• Happy new year to everybody. Having a fairly large party here this evening. Generally the men focus on the snooker room and the women on the music room when I do this. Hope it all goes well.
                    王可

Comment

• Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
                      Happy new year to everybody. Having a fairly large party here this evening. Generally the men focus on the snooker room and the women on the music room when I do this. Hope it all goes well.
                      Happy New Year Phil , having a quite one at Home , just about ready for some sleep now .
                      hope 2017 is a better year for all in the world .
                      [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

• The party went well. A week later I have almost sobered up.

There was no good snooker played. We all had partied too much.
                        王可

Comment

• Just been putting insulation in part of the roof. The builder left one bit of the cieling very rough. There were 3 x 3 beams showing as a "feature" which I never liked and the cieling above is sterling board. It was like the inside of a shipping crate! SO I have cut 2" thick insulating polystyrene just very slightly over size and forced it in between. As soon as the tongued and grooved wood arrives I shall underdraw it with that. It already looks a good deal better and the acoustics have improved. (I have a grand piano in one corner and a CD player).

The room is air conditioned so is very dry. I really ought to have a humidifier in there. Of course that meant that with the polystyrene there was a build up of static electricity. Well, the place looked like a snow scene. Add to the other problems the fact that I was helped by a 7 month old puppy who loves to shred polystyrene and you can imagine. The little balls got everywhere. They stuck to the table, the walls, the rests, the cues and everything else. So the maid is in there, as I type, trying to clean up. The vacuum is useless as it blocks within seconds so she is sweeping it all up.

Anyway, a lot of fun actually. I wonder how long it will be until we get rid of the last unwanted trace of the adventure!
                          王可

Comment

• Just been putting insulation in part of the roof. The builder left one bit of the cieling very rough. There were 3 x 3 beams showing as a "feature" which I never liked and the cieling above is sterling board. It was like the inside of a shipping crate! SO I have cut 2" thick insulating polystyrene just very slightly over size and forced it in between. As soon as the tongued and grooved wood arrives I shall underdraw it with that. It already looks a good deal better and the acoustics have improved. (I have a grand piano in one corner and a CD player).

The room is air conditioned so is very dry. I really ought to have a humidifier in there. Of course that meant that with the polystyrene there was a build up of static electricity. Well, the place looked like a snow scene. Add to the other problems the fact that I was helped by a 7 month old puppy who loves to shred polystyrene and you can imagine. The little balls got everywhere. They stuck to the table, the walls, the rests, the cues and everything else. So the maid is in there, as I type, trying to clean up. The vacuum is useless as it blocks within seconds so she is sweeping it all up.

Anyway, a lot of fun actually. I wonder how long it will be until we get rid of the last unwanted trace of the adventure!
                            王可

Comment

Working...
                            X