Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great work Jas , top one of the 3 looks fantastic .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• done, now time for a shandy..

merbau & ash, medium stiff
      16.7oz
      17bp
      round butt

clean the workshop on monday
      Last edited by j6uk; 22 May 2015, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• the above cue is lively i believe but it has an unusual grain patern, though al the butt splices are aligned with the first shevron.. now, looking forwars to slapping a few ball around

Comment

• Originally Posted by old school View Post
          Very nice work . Really like the quad lower splice with double veneers , bet it was a pain aligning them . Post 283 showing stages , is that Cascamite or something similar you are using ?
          inbetween cooking right now but im not too sure what that is.. no it was not really a problem, its a bit like playing, once you line the shot up right from the off your good to go

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
          Great work Jas , top one of the 3 looks fantastic .
          cheers man i like that one too, an i think its gonna hit

Comment

• Round butt .......yippeeeeeeeee!
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
              Round butt .......yippeeeeeeeee!
              Absolute quality innit? Hand planed and sanded, round butts, no daft joints, no silly SD joints, no mini-butts, no telescopic attachments, no case as big as 747, just a PURE cue for the purists. Lovely work J6.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                Absolute quality innit? Hand planed and sanded, round butts, no daft joints, no silly SD joints, no mini-butts, no telescopic attachments, no case as big as 747, just a PURE cue for the purists. Lovely work J6.
                Surely not, what with all those splices and glue ?

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                Golferson, I'd be interested to hear from you, as a cue maker, about splices and vaneers. I've seen a lot of very fancy cues on ebay/FB/here/etc, some are very ornate with marquetry as well. Sometimes, the sellers have said they can't get on with a cue and have another from the same cuemaker that they prefer. The classic example was that TW with a lot of splice, marquetry etc. I've seen very fancy JPs put up for sale as well. So do these cues lack feel, given that much more of the shaft wood has been planed away to make way for long exotic hardwoods way up the cue? I'm thinking to myself, even when these fancy cues are 1-piece, they can't contain much more shaft wood than a solid hardwood 3/4 butted cue. And then there's all that glue as well. How can that be good for feel?

Comment

• Man overboard

Comment

• three new truely handmade cues looking for action

Last edited by j6uk; 23 May 2015, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• so i didn't miss much with this today, thought its a nice playing cue and overall im happy with the result.
                      but this cue is going to cat in hong kong, hes been emailing me loads an hes asked me to take an inch of the back
                      i believe that the cue should play a tad better now

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                        so i didn't miss much with this today, thought its a nice playing cue and overall im happy with the result.
                        but this cue is going to cat in hong kong, hes been emailing me loads an hes asked me to take an inch of the back
                        i believe that the cue should play a tad better now
                        Da cat got da cream!

Comment

• yep its the best of the three. on a low 3/4 ball black it screws the white into the middle with ese , its firm an flicky

Da cat got da cream!

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                            yep its the best of the three. on a low 3/4 ball black it screws the white into the middle with ese , its firm an flicky
                            Firm and whippy. Love it man. PM me the price man!

Comment

• not whippy but flicky, its got a spring in the 10 to the ferrule
                              Firm and whippy. Love it man. PM me the price man!

Comment

• blaster, if the cat does a runner its all yours

Comment

Working...
                                X