Mike Wooldridge green Supertips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
    either are perfectly fine but blackspin tip was made specifically for the blackspin ferrule, reasons here:

http://www.handmadecues.com/3-Extras...ckspintips.htm

although perfectly good on brass ferrule too.

should be harder than supertip but the base compensates and should give the tip a nice feel.

bit like having the benefits of a laminated tip as regards consistency and maintaining shape, but the superior playing qualities of a pressed tip.
    Mike, I have two batches of your Supertip, light green and dark green. The lighter green I bought from Welshpool a while back and they play well but become a little inconsistent after a few weeks play in that the tip tends to harden and needs perforating to restore feel. I haven't tried one of the dark green ones yet, which were bought recently from ADR147. Is there any difference? Thanks.

Comment

either are perfectly fine but blackspin tip was made specifically for the blackspin ferrule, reasons here:

http://www.handmadecues.com/3-Extras...ckspintips.htm

although perfectly good on brass ferrule too.

should be harder than supertip but the base compensates and should give the tip a nice feel.

bit like having the benefits of a laminated tip as regards consistency and maintaining shape, but the superior playing qualities of a pressed tip.
      I had tried both, but prefer the green ones. The Blackspin is top quality for sure, but just a little to hard for me.
      The green ones immediately felt right to me.
      The best tip/cue is the one you stop thinking about and start focus to pot reds and blacks!
      mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Recently tried the new green super tips ,re tipped both my snooker cue and pool cue ,and find them too hard,they make a totally different sound when striking the cue ball does anyone else notice this ?
        I'll be going back to originals if there is someone selling them ?
        Regards

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopy32 View Post
          Recently tried the new green super tips ,re tipped both my snooker cue and pool cue ,and find them too hard,they make a totally different sound when striking the cue ball does anyone else notice this ?
          Regards
          I prefer the older version too but I've got used to the newer version so I'm quite happy.
          Can't get hold of the older ones now - unless someone has a little hoarded stash of them.

Comment

I have both, the lighter green older version and the darker green current version. I had to remove the lighter green one from my playing cue because it was too inconsistent. Kept hardening too much and all feel on the shot disappeared. This was over a two month period where it got a lot of play. To be fair, Mike would have taken it back but I didn't get them from him. I still have one left. I just recently replaced it with a lightly compressed Elk (from a box I have from the 90s so they should be better than the current versions), and at the moment that feels a touch too soft although it hasn't had much play. I have one of the latest darker green Supertips on another cue to try, but I don't play with that one very often, so I have yet to find out how it performs over time. I would be interested to know from Mike what are the differences between the lighter and darker green Supertips. I have never tried one of the original blue Supertips.

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopy32 View Post
              Regards
              i've had a lot of issues to overcome during the change in production but i can assure you the tips are (will be) 'better' in every respect.

although i accept there have been instances of some being too hard and i have had to make lots of small adjustments along the way.

this, in part, was a reaction to a couple of bad batches of the originals which were too soft. so i may have been a bit over zealous in making sure the new ones were hard enough...

email me and i'll send you some newer replacements to try.
              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Mr wooldridge when are you going to start on those NOS cues?

Comment

i've had a lot of issues to overcome during the change in production but i can assure you the tips are (will be) 'better' in every respect.

although i accept there have been instances of some being too hard and i have had to make lots of small adjustments along the way.

this, in part, was a reaction to a couple of bad batches of the originals which were too soft. so i may have been a bit over zealous in making sure the new ones were hard enough...

email me and i'll send you some newer replacements to try.
                  personally I think the current ones are the best ever. by a margin too.
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    personally I think the current ones are the best ever. by a margin too.
                    overall, i agree with that is true. but we've worked on thousands and thousands of individual tips over the past few months, from various batches, and i've made constant tweaks to procedure.

so, a tip from the 'wrong' batch treated in the 'wrong' way or pressed to the 'wrong' depth can cause me issues with consistency.

but these are merely minor, temporary, glitches and i'm happy to send replacements to anyone who feels the tips are not performing as expected.
                    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                      Mr wooldridge when are you going to start on those NOS cues?
                      i've got loads of them. just need to find time to list them...
                      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
                        I have both, the lighter green older version and the darker green current version. I had to remove the lighter green one from my playing cue because it was too inconsistent. Kept hardening too much and all feel on the shot disappeared. This was over a two month period where it got a lot of play. To be fair, Mike would have taken it back but I didn't get them from him. I still have one left. I just recently replaced it with a lightly compressed Elk (from a box I have from the 90s so they should be better than the current versions), and at the moment that feels a touch too soft although it hasn't had much play. I have one of the latest darker green Supertips on another cue to try, but I don't play with that one very often, so I have yet to find out how it performs over time. I would be interested to know from Mike what are the differences between the lighter and darker green Supertips. I have never tried one of the original blue Supertips.
                        do you still have the older one left I will buy it off you
                        Craftsman custom made cue
                        57 inches
                        17 ounces
                        9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
                        ash shaft plain ebony butt

Comment

Has anyone who has fitted a new MW super tip noticed a tiny hole in the base? Do you just sand it slightly as normal or did you sand it enough so that the hole was gone? thanks

Comment

I recently tried a new MW supertip for uk pool .Unfortunately it was disappointing ,way too hard for me and reminded me of a Talisman medium.

Comment

I think we should appeal to Mike's good nature and ask if he will ever reproduce the one and only original super tips

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                                I think we should appeal to Mike's good nature and ask if he will ever reproduce the one and only original super tips
                                mike has a good nature? must be a different mike!
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X